SpellForce - Official Board

SpellForce - Official Board (http://forum.spellforce.com//index.php)
-   Shadow Wars - Technical Support (http://forum.spellforce.com//forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Error while entering Steel Shore & Song glass portal (http://forum.spellforce.com//showthread.php?t=71051)

Manuel01 04-30-2015 21:41

Error while entering Steel Shore & Song glass portal

Dear fellow gamers,

I am finally at the last stage of the game. After solving the mosaic I found out that I forgot to go to the Song Glas. I went back through the portal to the Chrystal Wastes and there I entered the portal to Song Glass. When I entered the portal, the screen freezes and stucks at the loading page. I tried it again a few times with no results. I then avoided that portal and went to the the Steel Shore portal, the same thing happened again. I reinstalled the game with no succes. Portals to other maps do work. Does anyone now how to solve this? After all the hours put into the game I would like to finish it ;).

This is the first time this happened. I did had some troubles with the camers as mentioned on the forum. I am playing the Spellforce 2 gold edition. I gues I can't continue with the addon without finishing Shadow wars?

Thank you for your help.

Sam Hotte 04-30-2015 23:59

Sounds as if you haven't patched the game yet. Did you apply patch 2.01?

And you guessed wrong: You can play DS without having played SW at all (but that's not recommended, of course).

Manuel01 05-01-2015 17:14

I have tried to patch the game, I believe it worked. When I start the game then I see in the left corner:
Spellforce 2 2.01 Build: #125055

Could it be something else that is causing the problems?

Has Dragon Storm similair problems?

Sam Hotte 05-01-2015 19:37

Unfortunately, any Gold Edition claims to be v2.01 even if it may not contain the cure to camera bug.

So patching is mandatory, esp. after having re-installed the game.

But: In case the save game you are using was done in an unpatched version of the game, loading said save into newly patched game won't help.
You need to continue from a save where the map (with the mosaic where you encountered the camera bug) has never been loaded before.

Another but:
trouble with the portals is not part of the camera bug, so I'm not sure what else may have happened to your save game.
If you like, upload the save game here and somebody will take a look at it, if it also crashes with his/her installation of the game.
Maybe, the save just got corrupt somehow.

So, best bet, to be sure, patch the game and start playing from an earlier save on the Chrystal Wastes, do the song glass before proceeding the story. You shouldn't encounter any issues this way.

Manuel01 05-01-2015 21:14

I have used the patch, the base.zip file. I started with an earlier save in the Crystal Wastes, one before the portals to Song Glass and the Crystal Forest were active. I tried the Song Glass portal and the same thing happened again. When I click on the portal the screen freezes for a few seconds and then the loading screen appears. Instantly 3/4 of the loading bar appears, then the bar progresses a bit further and then it freezes and stucks.

I want to opload my save game but I couldn't upload it, the file size is smaller than the maximum. How can I best upload the file?If one save is corrupted does it corrupt all other saves? All of my saves give the same result.

Sam Hotte 05-01-2015 22:01

To upload savegame either compress into RAR archive and try again attaching to your post, or upload to any file hosting of your liking and post the link. :)

Sometimes a damaged save prevented older saves from being loaded (but this seems not to be the case with you).

Something strange seems to have happened with your game - I've never read of this before in the last years here AFAIR.

If you manage to upload a save somehow, I'm going to take a look.

Manuel01 05-01-2015 22:21

Hey Sam,

I have uploaded the files, the first one is my automatic save, this one is the first one I have after the mosaic and I have also uploaded another one form later on:

Can't post links untill I have posted 5 posts

It should work now this was my first save after masoic:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xf9hocba1r...osave.sav?dl=0

This is a save from later on:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v685vj53kn...0work.sav?dl=0

Sam Hotte 05-01-2015 23:20

Took your 1st file (the auto save) and travelled to song glass without difficulties using the portals via Crystal Wastes (as you tried).

So, the save seems undamaged; must be something else.

Please post your Dxdiag.txt (see sticky threads here), maybe we can find something there.

Manuel01 05-02-2015 00:02

Liste der Anhänge anzeigen (Anzahl: 1)
We are getting there ;). At least we have excluded stuf, I have uploaded the Dxdiag. I hope you can find something there.

Sam Hotte 05-02-2015 00:40

Well, Intel HD graphics is not liked very much by the game, but there is no reason, why it should work 4/5 through the game and then crash on a loading screen ...

However, give updating graphics drivers a try; dxdiag says yours from 2012 - there could be something new.

Ah, and in the game, try travelling to sevenkeeps or westguard or so directly by travelstone (using the map screen) NOT the portals and sell some stuff (if this worked) to merchants; maybe it's something to do with the tons of stuff you're hauling around.

Manuel01 05-02-2015 00:51

Thanks for the advise, I will try it. I will get back to you probably on sunday. It isstrange that it only happens with those two maps, I can still use the portals to other places.

Sam Hotte 05-02-2015 02:31

BTW, here's you at the Song Glass:
http://www.filedropper.com/heralddersingendeberg

Manuel01 05-03-2015 11:22

- No multiple posts within edit time, please! ~ Sam -

Hey Sam,

I updated my graphic drivers to no affail. I also sold most of my stuff worth of more than 70.000 :eek:. Even that did not buy me access to the last two maps.

We tried a lot of things now, the patch, drivers, selling stuf and it is working on your game. Everything else works except those two maps. Could it be that those two maps are corrupted somehow? Are there specific files for those maps? If so maybe you couldsent me yours, to replace mine?

BTW: I have downloaded your save file of my game. I put it in my save file but it did not show up at my saves in the game.

Sam Hotte 05-03-2015 19:18

Zitat:

Zitat von Manuel01 (Beitrag 832692)
We tried a lot of things now, the patch, drivers, selling stuf and it is working on your game. Everything else works except those two maps. Could it be that those two maps are corrupted somehow? Are there specific files for those maps? If so maybe you couldsent me yours, to replace mine?

If some files were damaged or corrupted, de- and re-installing the game should repair this. BTW, do you have a physical (CD/DVD) copy of the game or a digital one (Steam or such)?

Zitat:

Zitat von Manuel01 (Beitrag 832693)
BTW: I have downloaded your save file of my game. I put it in my save file but it did not show up at my saves in the game.

Perhaps the file name got changed by the download/copying? It has to be as follows in order to work:
"[name of Avatar]~[name of save (usually the map's name)].sav"
i.e.
Code:

Herald~Der singende Berg.sav
And don't load one of your saves first; maybe you have to select another Avatar to find my save in the game:
start game, in the main menu > single player > campaign.
try to change to different Ava by clicking the small arrows '<' or '>' beneath the portrait, left and right from Ava's name.
(Maybe you have now 2 different Avas, named "herald" and "Herald" or such)

Edit: and make sure, you put the file in the right folder
Code:

..\Documents\SpellForce2\save\campaign

Manuel01 05-03-2015 22:29

Hey Sam,

It worked! The ~ was replaced by -. I changed it and I directly loaded the game from the campaign menu. I hope the last map will also work now.

Thank you very much for all the time and effort you put in helping me. I couldn't figure it out on my own. Cool that you keep moderating and helping people out, so long after the game. Are you a big fan or working for the company?

Do you have an idea when we can expect Spellforce 3? I read somewhere that it should be in 2015. There is still not much material and news available if launch is in 2015.

Sam Hotte 05-04-2015 02:52

Zitat:

Zitat von Manuel01 (Beitrag 832698)
Hey Sam,
It worked! The ~ was replaced by -. I changed it and I directly loaded the game from the campaign menu. I hope the last map will also work now.

Yeah, let's hope that "converting" your save through my game fixed this.

Zitat:

Thank you very much for all the time and effort you put in helping me. I couldn't figure it out on my own. Cool that you keep moderating and helping people out, so long after the game. Are you a big fan or working for the company?
You're welcome.
We - the moderators and "normal" folks posting here - are just players of the game, volunteering in user2user support and discussing a favourite game. :)

The guys working for :nordic: like CM are recognized by their blue User Name.

Zitat:

Do you have an idea when we can expect Spellforce 3? I read somewhere that it should be in 2015. There is still not much material and news available if launch is in 2015.
No, SF3 is planned for 2016 at earliest. There's a dedicated board here for information and discussion about SF3 and we expect some more official news on SF3 anytime soon. :drink:

Manuel01 05-06-2015 21:32

Hey Sam,

Gues what, I finished the Song Glass map and was ready to continue to the last map. I was confident that it would work, I entered the Steel Shore at the mosaic. Then thesame thing happened again, the loading of the map froze again, the same as before! :eek::mad::angry:

Could you maybe enter the Steel Shore map and send me the save file again? :angel:

Thank you in advance for your help!

This is the link to the save:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nfkk44ea2z...k%202.sav?dl=0

Sam Hotte 05-07-2015 13:12

Here you go:
http://www.filedropper.com/heraldlastmap

You've missed the introductory cutscene
during which Spoiler:
Malacay/Sorvina conjures the Malar and the Shadow-Warrior gives you some Units that are good in destroying buildings.

If I was you, I'd equip higher Level Equipment where ever possible (e.g. Lya is wielding a lvl 14 staff healing for 2xx HP while you also have lvl 20+ one that would heal for 4xx HP).

Manuel01 05-08-2015 17:06

Hey Sam,

I finished the game! Malacay was kind of a hard nut, took awhile before he died.

The strangest thing happened, just after I started the expansion Dragon Storm, the same error popped again. Just after the intro :confused:. When the loading freezes I hear an error sound of the system like a bell. When I double press the esc button then I can leave the game. I noticed that an error message pops up avery time I leave the game when it freezes, only for a second, but I managed to capture it with a screen save. It says:
Access violation occured and the program must quit.

I do not know whether it is related to the error of the game or to using the esc button.

Do you have anu other ideas how I could fix this? Otherwise it might be better to buy a new game?

Thanks!

Sam Hotte 05-08-2015 18:43

Since the system rings the bell when it crahes, the message is due to the crash, not pressing ESC.

Well, easy answer was: Graphics not supported, sorry, you lose!

But since it has worked before, you might try to debug what has changed since then, like e.g. security software or such.

De-install game, delete config.xml in SF2 Folder in documents, reboot, disable every software not needed for playing (i.e. anti-virus and such, printer software etc.) install game, patch game, re-install DirectX9 (e.g. from game's DVD), run game "as admin" (with everything else still disabled) and keep finger's crossed ...

If it still won't work, I could make you an "Herald" for DS and you could see how far you can get with it.

If you get frustrated, blame it on "your system is not featuring supported graphics for the game" and better move on to another game or some :drink: to have fun again.

Alle Zeitangaben in WEZ +2. Es ist jetzt 22:35 Uhr.