Installation failure - SpellForce - Official Board

News:
12-02-2013, 11:23: The Demons of the Past Advent calendar 2013
06-19-2013, 11:30: SpellForce 2 - Demons of the Past
04-08-2008, 19:57: Current Patch Info for SF1 & 2

Welcome to the official SpellForce board.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Spellforce Newsletter
To stay up to date with the latest news regarding Spellforce please enter your email address in the box

Go Back   SpellForce - Official Board > SpellForce - English Forum > SpellForce 2 - Shadow Wars > Shadow Wars - Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Shadow Wars - Technical Support For everything technical related (Crashes, installations problems, errors,...)

Old 09-12-2009, 18:19   #1
honeydew

Installation failure

Two error messages:
First = Windows will not accept drivers which are not digitally signed????
Second = Tages Drivers: Unable to proceed (error 577)

I find two applications of Spellforce 2: shadow wars on my hard drive. The first is in a JoWood folder, and the second is in a Spellforce folder. The patch installed itself in another folder.

I am not sure what to do next. I have read many posts, but none quite like what I see above.

I am using Windows Vista x64, fully updated.

honeydew
honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 22:13   #2
Free Flinker
Moderator a.d.

The game was written for 32 bit OS's so if you're using x64 OS then you need to visit the appropriate site (the Tages site, if that is the CP on your copy) and get the 64 bit version of it. However, IIRC that error number is a Windows report, usually to do with registry problems, though I understand it can be caused by the wrong CP version, 32 bit included on the disk, instead of 64 bit which you need for your OS. Worth mentioning though, just in case, because you should be able to google it for a registry fix if it does turn out to be that.

I hadn't heard of Windows requiring digitally signed drivers until someone posted that it was the case for Windows 7. I wasn't aware that x64 required them too, as far as I knew it doesn't, but if there is a problem with that then Tages may do a digitally signed version. Otherwise, scroll down to Lorniks post in this thread. I've included a link to the full thread as other posts in it might be relevant, in particular the OP's report on how Lornik's advice worked out.

Please note that game related questions should be asked via forum posting, not PMs. Thanks
Free Flinker is offline   Reply With Quote