News from GamesCom - SpellForce - Official Board

News:
05-18-2017, 14:52: SF3 Beta startet am 19.5. - Alle Informationen + Updates
01-17-2017, 19:52: alte Forenlinks "reparieren"
11-26-2016, 17:53: [2017-06-22] Spellforce Sale @steam
08-10-2015, 13:07: [Sammelthread] SpellForce 3 - Alle Infos / Release 07.12.2017
07-04-2012, 20:36: SpellForce-Datenbank ist wieder da - Ein WiKi soll entstehen
08-30-2009, 19:03: Patchübersicht

Herzlich Willkommen im offiziellen SpellForce Forum!

Du betrachtest das Forum zur Zeit als Gast, was deine Zugriffsrechte bei Diskussionen und anderen Dingen enorm einschränkt. Wenn du dich hier registrierst, was natürlich völlig kostenlos ist, dann wirst du Beiträge und Themen erstellen, Private Konversationen mit anderen Mitgliedern führen, bei Umfragen abstimmen, Inhalte uploaden und vielen andere Dinge können. Die Anmeldung geht schnell von Statten, ist enorm einfach und kostenlos, daher würden wir dich ersuchen, dich zu registrieren!

Falls es Probleme mit der Anmeldung oder dem Zugriff auf einen Account gibt, stehen wir dir gerne über die Kontaktseite mit Rat und Tat zur Verfügung.

SpellForce Newsletter
Gib deine E-Mail Adresse in das Feld ein, um immer über die letzten Neuigkeiten zu SpellForce informiert zu werden

Zurück   SpellForce - Official Board > SpellForce - English Forum > SpellForce 3 > SpellForce 3 - General Discussion
Registrieren Hilfe Benutzerliste Kalender Suchen Heutige Beiträge Alle Foren als gelesen markieren

Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Alt 08-08-2015, 08:14   #1
C oNe
Super Moderator
Zarachs Flamme

Benutzerbild von C oNe

News from GamesCom

There are only this 3 new screenshots until now.

Greets
Alt 08-08-2015, 08:42   #2
Rakun

Benutzerbild von Rakun

Zitat:
Zitat von C oNe Beitrag anzeigen
There are only this 3 new screenshots until now.

Greets
Cool, the design of it sort of does remind me of SF1 design (the way stuff has been done) And the graphics seem cool too
Rakun ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 08-08-2015, 12:14   #3
D41V30N

The screenshots look great, but I can't be much hyped about it because it doesn't feature any character designs or anything about the story or gameplay. I think I've said this before, and I'll say it again: hopefully, they ditch the 3rd-person mode so that WASD keys can be used as hotkeys (e.g. "A" for Attack Move, "S" for Stop).

Also, bouncing back from previous Spellforce games, although they are some of my favorite games of all times (minus Demons Of The Past), the games aren't exactly best in the "optimization" department (e.g. framerate issues). I'd simply recommend the good folks at Grimlore don't rush the project and properly optimize the game before release.

Also, I heard the game materials will only be shown to press only. Can someone verify whether it's true or not?
D41V30N ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 08-08-2015, 13:41   #4
mordo

Benutzerbild von mordo

RPG Character: BPOO
i like the graphics of SF3, it avoid the plastic smell of SF2,
but the tree's worries me,
u see, in DA:O, almost every last fight took place
with tree branches, roof-tops, or any other junk,
between my eyes/camera and the avatar
Alt 08-08-2015, 13:47   #5
tusalm

Benutzerbild von tusalm

Well for those who can understand German, the facebook page of Spellfroce has just posted this, and it´s sounding pretty good

unfortunatly I can´t post links yet (lack of posts made) but the video on Youtube is called:
SPELLFORCE 3 - Gameplay-Änderungen, Story und Ausblick - Gamescom 2015

And you can find it on the SpellForceOfficial facebook page
tusalm ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 08-08-2015, 14:06   #6
Sam Hotte
Super Moderator

Here's the video (german voice, though):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRx9HL2ipsg

<Edit>

Summary of information given about SF3

General setting:

Will take place ~500 years before convocation => no islands, but continents => no portals.

Base building and economy:
More complex (even compared to SF1): There will be areas to conquer and control and you'll have to transport somehow raw materials and products from e.g. the mine (ore) to smelter (iron), onwards to blacksmith (weapons), then further to barracks where the things are given to units trained. Something like that (but not as complex as in e.g. the anno series).

Figthing/RTS:
- 3 playable races/factions: Humans, Elves, Orcs.
- Each race's army consists of 4 basic unit types (race specific but comparable): swordsmen, bowmen, spearmen, cavalry.
- additional race specific special units: e.g. human paladin, elven magician.
- And Titans of course.
- more emphasize on tactical battlefields and combined arms, need for tactical unit placement (e.g. you have to protect archers from being overthrown by cavalry; winning by sheer numbers shall no longer work)

RPG:
- Ava will be more customizable (If also different races to choose from is still unknown)
- Heroes/companions similar to SF2, they also level up and develop; have specific background to discover during campaign (like in Dragon Storm).
- You will meet known characters from previous games.
- Rumors have it that you may even have a young, future Circle's Magician as playable Hero/Companion!

Story and specific settings:

- story will start in Nortander.
- you will meet and "work" for different houses there in a Game-of-Thrones like story of intrigues and such
- Along with Player's character growing stronger the story evolves to more epic dimensions, e.g. exploring ruins from the Shapers and many more things not to be spoiled yet ...

Graphics, atmosphere, gameplay:
- more "adult", more "real" than SF1 and 2.
- deeper gameplay in every dimension
- 2 player co-op campaign!
- many multiplayer modes (like SF2 DotP)

Release:
- When it's done and bug free(!), probably end of next year.

TL;DR:
Worthwhile waiting for and really looking forward to SF3.

Geändert von Sam Hotte (08-08-2015 um 15:15 Uhr).
Sam Hotte ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 08-08-2015, 15:40   #7
D41V30N

Excellent, I was waiting for news like this to bite my teeth into for the time being. The story setting, I think, is exactly everything that Spellforce fans wanted: a story before the convocation war.

The base building is something that could make or break the game, to be honest. I'm really not sure about the requirement of artisans to carry raw materials and products to specific buildings. It is something that definitely works in city-building games (e.g. Zeus, Pharaoh), but I'm not sure how it will work in an actual RTS game. If it is necessary to carry, for example, weapons from blacksmith to barracks, it hinders the possibility of building forward bases. Furthermore, if I have resource structures far away, does it mean they'll have to carry all those resources back to my base before I can use them. Hmm.

"Conquer and Control" could be fun. One problem with SF2 is that you can build structures all over the map in every map, but there's no use for them once you're done with the level. Hopefully, there's a bandit/unrest/corruption system implemented in the game where certain roads can show bandit activity and if you build towers in the area, it will prevent bandit activity. That is, unless you allow them to travel through for a hefty tax system .

I like the Fighting/RTS part Sam Hotte mentioned as well, especially the last point. Here's hoping there will be hotkeys, attack and stop commands this time around. After all, I don't want my Warlock to waste mana on a Death spell only to kill a Small Forest Spider.

The most interesting part of the summary is probably this part:
Zitat:
Zitat von Sam Hotte Beitrag anzeigen
- you will meet and "work" for different houses there in a Game-of-Thrones like story of intrigues and such
If I'm not mistaken, it is similar to the Gothic games? For example, in Gothic 3, you can increase your reputation with many different factions (e.g. Rebels, Orcs, Hashishin, Rangers) by doing quests for specific factions. If so, then this could be the best feature to enhance the RPG aspect of the game yet. Furthermore, if they want to take it one step further, they can utilize this aspect with the "control and conquer" aspect to allow you to charge certain factions taxation if they want to travel through certain areas. That could be interesting.

The biggest fear I have, though, is how are they going to handle a two player co-op campaign without taking you out of the story? For example, my cousin and I play a lot of co-op games. If we start SF3 together then reach the part where I get my first companion, will there be 2 companions for the 2 players with the same name? Or will the main player get the main companion and the second player can then hire a generic adventurer companion from a tavern or something? That would make more sense, after all.
Come on, Grimlore. Hire me. I'll give you ideas .

At any rate, I hope they take their time. FURTHERMORE, I hope they optimize the game for Xbox One. Microsoft just announced Halo Wars 2 for Xbox One and apparently, Microsoft will work to accommodate more strategy games for the console. Therefore, if SF3 can get into the xbone market, it has a higher chance to succeed; that is, if the porting isn't too expensive. Just want the game to not only be great, but also financially successful.
D41V30N ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 08-08-2015, 15:41   #8
mordo

Benutzerbild von mordo

Zitat:
Zitat von sam hottie
- Heroes/companions similar to SF2, they also level up and develop; have specific background to discover during campaign (like in Dragon Storm).
i've been watching "tethered" on discovery lately,
do you know if the heroes are tethered to the avatar
or can be separated ?

i.e the difference between SF1 vs SF2 ?
Alt 08-08-2015, 15:45   #9
tusalm

Benutzerbild von tusalm

On the one hand, I'm a bit dissapointed that you can't play all six races like in SF1, but I kind of understand it too, seeing as Troll's aren't very likely to make big civilizations, and Dwarf's usually only build their cities in the mountains. Not sure about Dark Elves though, maybe they only build in sacred to them places but that seems a bit far-fetched.

I wonder how far you can go with making a complex town/city, because they make it sound like you can go pretty far.

Another question I have is how would they explain the avatar? Seeing as it is before the time of the circle, the avatar won't be a rune warrior, and I think it is safe to say it's not a shaikan either, 'cause I vaguely remember them being made during the time of the circle (the 500 years). So I wonder, how will they explain your avatar returning from the dead? (something which was possible in both SF1 & SF2)

Nevertheless, it's still looking good and I'm looking forward to it, even if we'll probably have to wait until next year.
Alt 08-08-2015, 15:56   #10
mordo

Benutzerbild von mordo

its not exactly impossible orks will employ a few heavy duty trolls,
like in Lord of the Ring.

game mechanic about returning back from the dead isnt an obstacle either,
either just a quicksave if a hard fight coming up,
or a spell
Alt 08-08-2015, 16:20   #11
tusalm

Benutzerbild von tusalm

whilst it is not that big of a problem to restart from a previous save, but in SF so far, you never had to worry about your avatar dying (other than losing exp), so it would be strange to change that game mechanic (not that I died that often anyway ). The spell you mention would either be an extremely powerful spell/curse that has been cast over the avatar, considering that according to the lore "only the blood of a god can restore life", then again, the creation of the shaikan had nothing to do with a god; but I'm not sure whether shaikan are still considered cannon, with the ending of Demons of the Past, but that's another discussion.
Alt 08-08-2015, 16:45   #12
Sam Hotte
Super Moderator

Yikes, don't ask me so many questions that fast ...

Pls. note, that I just tried to translate and sum up the German text from the Video - I don't have any more Information myself.

Pls. note² that the video is no official footage but just a summary of the things the author thought he understood during the presentation and from the press kit he got.

=> There are 2 sorts of errors or wrong info possible in what I wrote:
1. video's author got something wrong and was telling unintentional nonsense; hence I translate the wrong info for you.
2. I got the video wrong and messed my translation up by this.

With this being said, I try to answer your comments as far as I understood the german video.

@Resources and economy
It's not made clear how exactly this will work. It's said that there won't be a global resource account any more, meaning that you cannot immediately use resources gathered in the north of a given map when the building needing the resources is in the south. And it's said that you don't direct your artisans directly to and fro, but assign them to tasks somehow; like you say "5 workers go to the mine, 2 into the smeltery" or something like that. And then there will be some sort of transport chain from raw material's source to drain of end products. Probably (= what I'd think of) the thing of controlling areas has something to do with this, like as was said by you, you have to build towers or some such in order to protect caravan of carriages going from mine to smeltery to blacksmith to barracks. If you lose control over a sector along the way (e.g. control building destroyed/captured by mobs or enemy), you can no longer use the resources from the north in the south.

That's what I imagine this to work - but it's not made officially clear yet.

There was also no word about if there would be complex city building capabilities; only that it won't be as complex as in dedicated "building games" like anno or settlers series.

@GoT like story:
Quite possible that you misunderstood this. It could be as you imagine this, but it could also mean that there is some sort of more or less linear story with some turns and twitches, leading your way from working for house X, then "deflecting" to house Y thus opposing the goals and ways of house X from now on.

Naturally this hasn't ben spoiled by the video yet.

@ Co-op campaign:
There was just one sentence in the video stating this; so we have not the slightest clue yet, how this will be supposed to work.

@Heroes, party:
There was nothing else said but "it is similar to SF2, the companions having their own history and quests to play".
Don't know, if you can hire and fire, or choose from different ones, or if it was tied to the house you work for or whatever.
Personally, I'd think that they are "tethered" to the Ava giving you a controllable party of X chars to play. I doubt that you still could solo the game, mordo. So rather SF2 than SF1 in this respect, I'd assume.

@Avatar
It's not being said if the Ava would be immortal or mortal at all. So everything is possible from "if Ava dies = game over" to "Ava can be revived by whatever magic or technique"; we don't know yet.

@Races and units:
Maybe - just my guess, hasn't been said in the video - Trolls are the special unit to the Orc race?

And nowadays there is always the possibility that a "dwarven campaign" and such are subject to future add-ons or DLCs.
Let's wait and see.

Geändert von Sam Hotte (08-08-2015 um 17:14 Uhr).
Alt 08-08-2015, 16:53   #13
Billsone3

Zitat:
Zitat von D41V30N Beitrag anzeigen
At any rate, I hope they take their time. FURTHERMORE, I hope they optimize the game for Xbox One. Microsoft just announced Halo Wars 2 for Xbox One and apparently, Microsoft will work to accommodate more strategy games for the console. Therefore, if SF3 can get into the xbone market, it has a higher chance to succeed; that is, if the porting isn't too expensive. Just want the game to not only be great, but also financially successful.
Nah, there's a reason why XCOM 2 cancelled their console versions as of now and Civ Rev 2 was handheld only, console users don't buy strategy games for some reason. That is unless they have Halo in the name. I'd rather money be spent making a great PC version than wasted on expensive port versions that no-one will buy. Hell, even Halo Wars 2 is going to be on PC now.
Billsone3 ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 08-08-2015, 17:13   #14
Sam Hotte
Super Moderator

Zitat:
Zitat von D41V30N Beitrag anzeigen
I think I've said this before, and I'll say it again: hopefully, they ditch the 3rd-person mode so that WASD keys can be used as hotkeys (e.g. "A" for Attack Move, "S" for Stop).
That's already officially been decided and announced
that the 3rd-person mode is gone.
(However nothing known about hotkeys yet)
Alt 08-08-2015, 17:17   #15
mordo

Benutzerbild von mordo

Zitat:
Personally, I'd think that they are "tethered" to the Ava giving you a controllable party of X chars to play. I doubt that you still could solo the game, mordo. So rather SF2 than SF1 in this respect, I'd assume.
i like "survivor" more than "tethered", a lot more
Alt 08-08-2015, 17:27   #16
Sam Hotte
Super Moderator

Zitat:
Zitat von mordo Beitrag anzeigen
i like "survivor" more than "tethered", a lot more
Hm? Maybe I don't really get what you mean by "tethered" vs. "survivor", but I didn't say, they live and die with the Ava or so.
I don't know if heroes live and die on their own. Don't know if you have to have one or some of them or not.
However, it's pretty obvious that the rune is gone, so likely there won't be "summoning whomever you want to have whenever you need" by just using one of the runes you've got.

That's all I know in this respect.

Geändert von Sam Hotte (08-08-2015 um 17:35 Uhr).
Alt 08-08-2015, 18:19   #17
mordo

Benutzerbild von mordo

ok, just that i dread the rubber band attaching a team
for no good reason.
in SF1 it was possible to make others follow a unit,
but it wasnt compulsory, it wasnt even default
Alt 08-08-2015, 18:40   #18
Sam Hotte
Super Moderator

Zitat:
Zitat von mordo Beitrag anzeigen
ok, just that i dread the rubber band attaching a team
for no good reason.
There is always a reason - but, naturally, the judgement, what's considered "good" lies in the eye of the beholder.

Zitat:
in SF1 it was possible to make others follow a unit,
but it wasnt compulsory, it wasnt even default
JFTR: Just the same as in SF2. All parts. (If you refer to gameplay within a given map).
So I'd think they'll keep it this way, that you can move every person/unit under your direct control on the map to different places and make it stand their ground there and such.
Alt 08-08-2015, 19:02   #19
Doromeo

Benutzerbild von Doromeo

RPG Character: Assassin
Again without runes. The very last thing I expected.
Doromeo ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 08-08-2015, 19:19   #20
mordo

Benutzerbild von mordo

Zitat:
There is always a reason - but, naturally, the judgement, what's considered "good" lies in the eye of the beholder.

JFTR: Just the same as in SF2. All parts. (If you refer to gameplay within a given map).
So I'd think they'll keep it this way, that you can move every person/unit under your direct control on the map to different places and make it stand their ground there and such.
its many years since i played SF2, and i'm doing my best to forget it, but from what left i remember, i couldnt detach them to work
at some other corner of the map,
lest i place them on Hold which makes them entirely immobile
and thus unusable, so i was stuck with the buggers
Antwort

Themen-Optionen