hello ,please read,i started to remake campaign maps - SpellForce - Official Board

News:
08-17-2017, 15:02: SpellForce 3 Pre Order Collectors Edition + Alle Trailer | Release: 07.12.2017
01-17-2017, 20:52: alte Forenlinks "reparieren"
08-10-2015, 14:07: [Sammelthread] SpellForce 3 - Alle Infos
07-04-2012, 21:36: SpellForce-Datenbank ist wieder da - Ein WiKi soll entstehen
08-30-2009, 20:03: Patchübersicht

Herzlich Willkommen im offiziellen SpellForce Forum!

Du betrachtest das Forum zur Zeit als Gast, was deine Zugriffsrechte bei Diskussionen und anderen Dingen enorm einschränkt. Wenn du dich hier registrierst, was natürlich völlig kostenlos ist, dann wirst du Beiträge und Themen erstellen, Private Konversationen mit anderen Mitgliedern führen, bei Umfragen abstimmen, Inhalte uploaden und vielen andere Dinge können. Die Anmeldung geht schnell von Statten, ist enorm einfach und kostenlos, daher würden wir dich ersuchen, dich zu registrieren!

Falls es Probleme mit der Anmeldung oder dem Zugriff auf einen Account gibt, stehen wir dir gerne über die Kontaktseite mit Rat und Tat zur Verfügung.

SpellForce Newsletter
Gib deine E-Mail Adresse in das Feld ein, um immer über die letzten Neuigkeiten zu SpellForce informiert zu werden

Zurück   SpellForce - Official Board > SpellForce - English Forum > SpellForce 1 > Editor
Registrieren Hilfe Benutzerliste Kalender Suchen Heutige Beiträge Alle Foren als gelesen markieren

Editor Everything related to the Editor.

Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Alt 07-05-2012, 21:05   #1
alvin1975

hello ,please read,i started to remake campaign maps

Hi ,i started to expand spellforce maps of the campaign(i am not english talker ,spoker ,watever ,so pls dont bully me with my grammar ,spelling,thnx)),becouse this game toooo cool to be forgotten.My problem is the editor heighmap tool of the terrain kind of sux,is maybe anather editor of some kind i can use to make only my terrain map and after to use spellforce editor?I made a huge greyfell.map 512 x 512 all squares with many lakes and amazing places but ,terrain tool SUX,so if you know something to help me pls tell me,i searched the net and didnt find a editor capable of editing .map file extension
alvin1975 ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 07-06-2012, 15:25   #2
reknak
Ouboudah

Benutzerbild von reknak

This some a random quess since it was a long time ago that I worked with Spellforce map editor, but the following is possible with alot of other map editors for games so maybe for the Spellforce map editor too.

You can can create a "heightmap" in paint programs like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro etc. A heightmap consists is black/white (/colorless) where IIRC black is the lowest altitude/height and white is the heighest altitude/height (e.g. for mountains). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heightmap

So maybe you can create the heightmap in e.g. photoshop and import it in the Spellforce map editor.

A simple example of what a heightmap with one mountain looks like:

Cool idea btw, Spellforce 1 is and will stay one heck of game . I will certainly play your maps .
reknak ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 07-06-2012, 22:12   #3
alvin1975

editing of greyfell map.

000_Greyfell.map tell me how is the start,1 day of work(fun),if wanna see it just paste in your campaign director and start a new char. Open console and make the map visible
Alt 07-08-2012, 17:38   #4
reknak
Ouboudah

Benutzerbild von reknak

Thumbs Up

Zitat:
Zitat von alvin1975 Beitrag anzeigen
Anhang 22843 tell me how is the start,1 day of work(fun),if wanna see it just paste in your campaign director and start a new char. Open console and make the map visible
, I tried it and you dont need to open the console btw, you can just replace it with the standard 000_Greyfell.map (do make a backup of the old one ofcourse).

It is a good start and idea. I have alot of suggestions though, I think it has way more potential than as it is now:
  1. The scripted events in campaign make this annoying, but it would be alot cooler if you could make the map more open and less lineair. The Coop_Megamap_Illumi_rpg.map is a great example of this. You have alot of freedom and choices where to go.
  2. The additional merchants is a good idea, though placing them at the beginning is rather useless since you have no money to spend. Place them somewhat later on the path and add some more chests so you can sell items to gain money.
  3. The new added terrain looked good. The snowy mountains have somewhat ugly tops though, too sharp. Try to make those mountain tops more round.
  4. Add some more different enemies and locations. Maybe a village infested with spiders or a mountain inhabited by goblins. Maybe you can even place doodads in someway that looks a bit like you are in a cave. Or a large piece of the map in shallow water (that would a cool thing to have in Eloni) with all kinds of aquatic plants and creatures.
  5. I found the beginning a bit too difficult with all those lvl 3 spiders (I began with a shield), I like when the difficulty is raised gradually though, so you can get used to it.

Also save time by placing most doodads like vegetation and trees in a rough way, while position buildings, villages, camps, mountains etc carefully. This is something more generally speaking is important as alot of great projects/mods die because of the huge work they require and the creators pay too much attention to tiny details.

Please continue on it, just take a good look at Coop_Megamap_Illumi_rpg.map and you will get something great .
Alt 07-08-2012, 19:26   #5
alvin1975

thnx for info and check this out

making heightmap terrain freaking easy(with your sugestion at start i searched internet to understand some things),and simpliest way is>>> google earth make some screenshots,adobe photoshop make some changes and convert image in format .png and import with spellforce editor format .png marte.map marte screenshot
Alt 07-08-2012, 21:26   #6
reknak
Ouboudah

Benutzerbild von reknak

Zitat:
Zitat von alvin1975 Beitrag anzeigen
making heightmap terrain freaking easy(with your sugestion at start i searched internet to understand some things),and simpliest way is>>> google earth make some screenshots,adobe photoshop make some changes and convert image in format .png and import with spellforce editor format .png Anhang 22845 marte screenshot
, you good sir gave me one hell of an idea. I am a gamemaker myself and the heightmap thingy you just did there can also be done with what I work with, I can make epic terrains woohoo .
Antwort

Themen-Optionen