Camera issue - SpellForce - Official Board

News:
08-17-2017, 15:02: SpellForce 3 Collectors Edition + Cinematic Trailer
05-18-2017, 15:52: SF3 Beta startet am 19.5. - Alle Informationen + Updates
01-17-2017, 20:52: alte Forenlinks "reparieren"
08-10-2015, 14:07: [Sammelthread] SpellForce 3 - Alle Infos / Release 07.12.2017
07-04-2012, 21:36: SpellForce-Datenbank ist wieder da - Ein WiKi soll entstehen
08-30-2009, 20:03: Patchübersicht

Herzlich Willkommen im offiziellen SpellForce Forum!

Du betrachtest das Forum zur Zeit als Gast, was deine Zugriffsrechte bei Diskussionen und anderen Dingen enorm einschränkt. Wenn du dich hier registrierst, was natürlich völlig kostenlos ist, dann wirst du Beiträge und Themen erstellen, Private Konversationen mit anderen Mitgliedern führen, bei Umfragen abstimmen, Inhalte uploaden und vielen andere Dinge können. Die Anmeldung geht schnell von Statten, ist enorm einfach und kostenlos, daher würden wir dich ersuchen, dich zu registrieren!

Falls es Probleme mit der Anmeldung oder dem Zugriff auf einen Account gibt, stehen wir dir gerne über die Kontaktseite mit Rat und Tat zur Verfügung.

SpellForce Newsletter
Gib deine E-Mail Adresse in das Feld ein, um immer über die letzten Neuigkeiten zu SpellForce informiert zu werden

Zurück   SpellForce - Official Board > SpellForce - English Forum > SpellForce 2 - Shadow Wars > Shadow Wars - Technical Support
Registrieren Hilfe Benutzerliste Kalender Suchen Heutige Beiträge Alle Foren als gelesen markieren

Shadow Wars - Technical Support For everything technical related (Crashes, installations problems, errors,...)

Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Alt 04-26-2016, 14:14   #1
Nighteyes

Benutzerbild von Nighteyes

Camera issue

Hey guys,
In the SW campaign, i recently encountered an old problem, which never actually went away. During cutscenes, the npc seem to be standing somewhat off the focus of the camera(for example, in Dun Mora, Io had half of her embedded inside a nearby pillar). The cutscene focus completely misses them as a result. This is happening in ALL cutscenes, and doesn't go away despite numerous computer hardware upgrades and re-installations.

Note - this is NOT the camera bug where post-cutscene the camera locks up and the game is unplayable. The game proceeds as usual following the cutscene. I resolved once and for all to get rid of this years-old issue.

Thanks ahead!(I hope this time the forums wont crash the instant i post this )

EDIT: I have spellforce 2 gold version installed.
Angehängte Dateien
Dateityp: txt DxDiag.txt (22,4 KB, 2x aufgerufen)
Dateityp: txt msinfo32.txt (1,91 MB, 0x aufgerufen)

Geändert von Nighteyes (04-26-2016 um 14:16 Uhr). Grund: forgot to mentiona deatail
Nighteyes ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 04-26-2016, 14:52   #2
Sam Hotte
Super Moderator

Usually this happens now and then, when you enter cut-scenes out of 3rd person's view or the NPC has been pushed around by somebody walking near or such; you know, when the participants of the conversation are not in the position the camera co-ordinates expects them to be.

If this happens to you always and everywhere, it could perhaps be due to widescreen resolution set and adapted FoV or some such.
Have you applied something like this?

Pls. post additional files:
Code:
...\Documents\SpellForce2\config.xml
and
...\Documents\SpellForce2\Diag\log.txt
Maybe somebody can find something in them ...

And have you patched according to current patch info (see news section atop the boards)?
Alt 04-26-2016, 15:25   #3
Nighteyes

Thank you for the quick reply!

Not sure what you mean by Fov, i searched the game's settings and tried with reduced resolution, had no effect.

i tried to apply the patch(2.01 i think), ran modify and repair options, seem to do nothing. I had the other camera-locking bug before, but it's been fixed long ago. I also checked the relevant file(.../spellforce 2 gold/base/pak/sf2_base24.pak) the numbers there are 300, not 333.

The issue happens every cutscene. most definitely not the result of someone walking through npc. For example, I'm now at the needle, and all npcs are still at the wrong place during the cutscene even though i haven't done anything in that map.

By new section, you mean perhaps the application which scans the game and update it automatically? tried running it, it couldn't scan my os disc for some reason and didn't find anything save SW(search engine error), and even there it didn't install anything(error: installation of the patch failed).

I attached the files you asked, your hope is also mine.
Angehängte Dateien
Dateityp: xml config.xml (1,9 KB, 1x aufgerufen)
Dateityp: txt log.txt (1,3 KB, 3x aufgerufen)
Alt 04-26-2016, 17:54   #4
Sam Hotte
Super Moderator

Zitat:
Zitat von Nighteyes Beitrag anzeigen
Not sure what you mean by Fov, i searched the game's settings and tried with reduced resolution, had no effect.
If you don't know what it is, you likely haven't messed around with this console setting. Never mind.

Zitat:
i tried to apply the patch(2.01 i think), ran modify and repair options, seem to do nothing. I had the other camera-locking bug before, but it's been fixed long ago.
You need to patch the gold edition with 2.01. Period.
(And the camera bug will only go away with this patch)
Your description, though, sounds like you had not the correct patch since AFAIR the patcher 2.01 does not offer repair options or such.

BTW, do you have the disc version or steam or what?

Zitat:
I also checked the relevant file(.../spellforce 2 gold/base/pak/sf2_base24.pak) the numbers there are 300, not 333.
What are you talking about? and could you point me, where this "advice" is from?

Zitat:
The issue happens every cutscene. most definitely not the result of someone walking through npc. For example, I'm now at the needle, and all npcs are still at the wrong place during the cutscene even though i haven't done anything in that map.
Well, there are some errors reported in your log.txt saying something about invalid co-ordinates and relocating some spawns or such.
Very likely this is connected with your issue.

Furthermore the log says, that your shaders are restricted. If you start the game and enter options/preferences right from the main menu screen (don't load/continue a game!), can you set the shader model to "maximum" (in the graphics tab there)?

Pls. do a save right before a typical wrong cut scene starts and attach it with next post; I'll load it into my gold edition and see what happens here.
(Saves are in ...\Documents\SpellForce2\save\campaign)

Zitat:
By new section, you mean perhaps the application which scans the game and update it automatically?
No. I just meant: Take a look in the news section of this forum here and find the post "current patch info" to find links and instructions for patching ...

However, applying the hardware fix, could be helpful anyway. If it doesn't work, it's usually because missing admin privileges, security software interfering or the game not being registered ok.

Though, don't try the hardware patch yet; we won't get anywhere if we tweak at too many different things at the same time without being able to determine what is influencing where.
Alt 04-26-2016, 19:23   #5
Nighteyes

Zitat:
You need to patch the gold edition with 2.01. Period.
(And the camera bug will only go away with this patch)
Your description, though, sounds like you had not the correct patch since AFAIR the patcher 2.01 does not offer repair options or such.
I think this is the thread you mentioned. The updated link is exactly the patching i tried, and launching the setup presents three options - modify, repair, remove. Only the first two were tested. Anyways, as i said, the bug does not appear anymore, at least it didn't in underhall.

Zitat:
BTW, do you have the disc version or steam or what?
Disc version.

Zitat:
What are you talking about? and could you point me, where this "advice" is from?
This is the source. Anyways, the camera bug mentioned there seems to be fixed.

Zitat:
Furthermore the log says, that your shaders are restricted. If you start the game and enter options/preferences right from the main menu screen (don't load/continue a game!), can you set the shader model to "maximum" (in the graphics tab there)?
I set the shader model, today, to 1.1 to see if it helps and forgot to revert it. It didn't help in any case.
Save file attached from sevenkeeps, right before entering the needle.
Angehängte Dateien
Dateityp: sav Megami~Sevenkeeps.sav (19,01 MB, 2x aufgerufen)
Alt 04-26-2016, 21:33   #6
Sam Hotte
Super Moderator

I get the same thing in this cutscene with your save as well.

Unfortunately, I cannot remember if this has always been like this, or maybe due to patch 2.01 and the camera fix, or if it is specific to your save ...
(have you cheated or such earlier in this campaign?)

Lets wait and see if somebody else has a clue or comment to this.
Alt 04-26-2016, 22:00   #7
Syko
Best SF-Screenshot

Benutzerbild von Syko

Zitat:
Zitat von Sam Hotte Beitrag anzeigen
I get the same thing in this cutscene with your save as well.
Same here. I do not remember the (correct) cutscene exactly, but it was definetly not the first time I watched that bugged scene. So my guess is that I had the same bug, at least in the scene you mentioned.

Playing on 2.01 (Gold).
Syko ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 04-26-2016, 22:19   #8
Nighteyes

Zitat:
Unfortunately, I cannot remember if this has always been like this, or maybe due to patch 2.01 and the camera fix, or if it is specific to your save ...
(have you cheated or such earlier in this campaign?)
Well, yea how did you know?

But no cheats were implemented at the first map, and i just verified with a fresh game that the cutscene bug occurs also in the 2nd cutscene(reviving leah).

Zitat:
Same here. I do not remember the (correct) cutscene exactly, but it was definitely not the first time I watched that bugged scene. So my guess is that I had the same bug, at least in the scene you mentioned
Do you mean to say that perhaps you had this issue and resolved it? if so, you have any recollection of the process?
Alt 04-27-2016, 00:51   #9
Sam Hotte
Super Moderator

Zitat:
Well, yea how did you know?
Cause cheats have sometimes unwanted side effects so that wrong co-ordinates could very well stem from cheating ...

Zitat:
But no cheats were implemented at the first map, and i just verified with a fresh game that the cutscene bug occurs also in the 2nd cutscene(reviving leah).
This one looks OK to me in my game. There's one Point, when Bor is speaking about we should head for home, where just a view into distance is shown, though, but this seems intended to me.
Alt 04-27-2016, 18:23   #10
Nighteyes

Well, i conformed at norimar that (lack of) cheats do not affect the cutscene bug. Both baron Ortbrandt and Falkmar were wongly positioned, i attached the save right before it.
I must admit though the iron fields scenes were fine. Couldn't determine whether in Ur's cutscene he was slightly off or it was just his size. Still stumped i suppose...
Angehängte Dateien
Dateityp: sav Testing~Norimar.sav (5,57 MB, 0x aufgerufen)
Alt 04-27-2016, 19:25   #11
Syko
Best SF-Screenshot

Benutzerbild von Syko

Zitat:
Do you mean to say that perhaps you had this issue and resolved it? if so, you have any recollection of the process?
No, I meant to say that I accepted the bug
Syko ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Antwort

Themen-Optionen