Tips - Seite 2 - SpellForce - Official Board

News:
08-17-2017, 15:02: SpellForce 3 Collectors Edition + Cinematic Trailer
05-18-2017, 15:52: SF3 Beta startet am 19.5. - Alle Informationen + Updates
01-17-2017, 20:52: alte Forenlinks "reparieren"
08-10-2015, 14:07: [Sammelthread] SpellForce 3 - Alle Infos / Release 07.12.2017
07-04-2012, 21:36: SpellForce-Datenbank ist wieder da - Ein WiKi soll entstehen
08-30-2009, 20:03: Patchübersicht

Herzlich Willkommen im offiziellen SpellForce Forum!

Du betrachtest das Forum zur Zeit als Gast, was deine Zugriffsrechte bei Diskussionen und anderen Dingen enorm einschränkt. Wenn du dich hier registrierst, was natürlich völlig kostenlos ist, dann wirst du Beiträge und Themen erstellen, Private Konversationen mit anderen Mitgliedern führen, bei Umfragen abstimmen, Inhalte uploaden und vielen andere Dinge können. Die Anmeldung geht schnell von Statten, ist enorm einfach und kostenlos, daher würden wir dich ersuchen, dich zu registrieren!

Falls es Probleme mit der Anmeldung oder dem Zugriff auf einen Account gibt, stehen wir dir gerne über die Kontaktseite mit Rat und Tat zur Verfügung.

SpellForce Newsletter
Gib deine E-Mail Adresse in das Feld ein, um immer über die letzten Neuigkeiten zu SpellForce informiert zu werden

Zurück   SpellForce - Official Board > SpellForce - English Forum > SpellForce 1 > General Discussion
Registrieren Hilfe Benutzerliste Kalender Suchen Heutige Beiträge Alle Foren als gelesen markieren

General Discussion General Discussion related to SpellForce.

Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Alt 12-13-2004, 15:21   #21
Aragorn-Elessar

Benutzerbild von Aragorn-Elessar

Another tip most you may know some may not.

When comparing weapon damage remember besides speed, that many times the minimum damage is more important than the maximum.

You will always get at least the minimum damage but not always will you get the maximum, or even close to it.

Also the spread between the minimum and maximum is very important.

Example-

Sword A-damage 5-12 total damage-17 spd-100%
Sword B-damage 7-9 total damage-16 spd-100%

Although sword A does more overall damage sword B has a higher minimum and closer spread between min and max so overall with speed being the same, it would be better.

For obvious reasons a tighter damage range is much better than a high separtion.

Example-

Sword A- damage-4-10
Sword B- damage-6-8

Obviously Sword B would be better.

AE
Alt 01-01-2005, 22:43   #22
slayer07

Benutzerbild von slayer07

Help

I just bought the game yesturday brand new. The game installes right, But when I go to play the game it says Not Responding! is there some thing I am doing wrong plz give me some tips!
Alt 01-01-2005, 23:37   #23
Aragorn-Elessar

You should post in the Tech Forum don't know why that would be happening does your CD drive run the disc at all?

AE
Alt 01-02-2005, 01:04   #24
slayer07

Benutzerbild von slayer07

yes it installed the game i just cant play the game.
Alt 01-16-2005, 01:19   #25
Aragorn-Elessar

Tip for casters

If you plan on doing any Magic such as a Mage, or Paladin, try before you get to Leafshade to get at least slvl 3 in your chosen school of Magic.

The reason being is that generally you will get alot of spells in Leafshade, more than all maps to this point in the game and more then you get for sometime.

These are mainly slvl 1-3 spells that drop, and I have tested characters only having say, one level of Elemental Magic vrs those with 3 levels and the ones with 3 got way more Elemental spells overall.

Also if you are playing a Pally, you get the Sceptre Of Light a good one-hander with having White Magic 4 so try to have that level when you are near the end of Leafshade, if you want to use the weapon right away.

AE
Alt 01-16-2005, 16:29   #26
nick

Benutzerbild von nick

a few handy key commands for creating army groups and specific attacks:-

after selecting a group and assigning them a number using ctr + number. to add to this group, select the units you wish to add, hold select + number to select all those units. and then crt + number to reassign to the designated number. handy when replenshing your army.

right clicking on a designated group tab centres them on screen.

in order to take out the more dangerous enemies, press tab to scroll through the baddies to find the desired one, and then click on the sword icon of the group/s you wish to attack him with. this can also be used to get you heroes to use their spells on the enemy by clicking on their spell icons.

a variation of the above to help heal units; select the unit to be healed (manually/ by number/ by clicking on their tab) and then the spell icon of your preist.

F1 - F6 are keys designated for quick selection of your avatar and heroes.

crt left clicking of a designated sub group selects all sub groups. handy when quickly moving you whole army.
nick ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 01-19-2005, 23:18   #27
Aragorn-Elessar

Just a couple of things-

You get copper for every kill made watch your money rise with each slain enemy.

When building towers to defend your base try to put them in a bow shape or semi-circle.

Reason being this sets up a much more effective "kill zone" since enemies are taking arrows/bolts etc from 3 sides where as with towers all straight in a row you will miss many enemies.

Also in maps where your base is constantly rushed try building a few buildings in front of your towers, the enemies will go for it and meanwhile take hits from your towers while they try to wreck a empty building.

This also slows down their advance and helps save the towers from a beating.

You can also have a safe "fallback area" in case the crap hits the fan, this area would again be protected with towers and empty buildings.

If you really get heavy pressure you can place around your main buildings what I call "dummy buildings" these are empty and used to, again slow the enemy down and to help protect your main buildings.

Few things on "camping"-

Build at least one tower almost on the spawn point this really helps the spawn rate especially when it starts to slow, why it does I am not sure, but it does.

The same goes for repairing damaged towers, it seems that any thing you do around the spawn point activates spawns, again I don't know why but have observered this many times.

If you don't camp or think it is taking advantage of the game then disregard, although I am of the opinion that any game that has re-spawning enemies it is not cheese thing to camp.

AE
Alt 02-01-2005, 14:51   #28
Travahar
Ice Wolf

Benutzerbild von Travahar

RPG Character: Equanox
When you're building your camp try to be as effective as possible with space.

Linked buildings ( woodcutter's hut and sawmill, farm and storehouse, ... ) get a green circle around it when you build.

I'm playing SF over more than half a year and only discovered this recently
Why didn't anyone mention this?

Anyway, it can help you in seeing if the linked buildings are in reach. Usually (sawmill woodcutter) this doesn't really matter cause you'll have one of each next to eachother.
But when placing farms and fisher guilds and hunting guilds around a storehouse
you'll have the storehouse in the middle and the others around it in circles.
If you rotate the dwarven pig farms enough you'll notice that you can have a double circle of pigfarms around one storehouse. I haven't checked yet but it seems to me that all workers (craftsmen) have the same max walking distance. Races with small buildings are far more efficient in this.
Humans take the most space, dark elfes have generally large buildings to but they rather become high instead of large.

Greetings
Alt 02-01-2005, 20:41   #29
lord Tyrondus
The Troubled One

Benutzerbild von lord Tyrondus

RPG Character: Tarren Cergan
lord Tyrondus eine Nachricht über MSN schicken
I think trolls have the largest structures, then humans. Dwarves last.

http://www.idealing.blogspot.com
lord Tyrondus ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 02-02-2005, 08:14   #30
Travahar
Ice Wolf

Defenitely not, humans are the biggest.

then trolls
dark elves
elves
orcs
dwarfs
Alt 02-05-2005, 23:25   #31
Aragorn-Elessar

Another tip- When buying things shop around, just like in real life prices vary from merchant to merchant, sometimes by a great deal.

I try keep a log of merchants and who has what at what price, mainly in Greyfell and some other select places very helpfull.
Since most things are very high priced its worth the time and effort to shop around.

Also in early game try not to sell much till Merchant Valdis is open since she gives the best price for goods sold.

She opens after you get the package from the Shiel usually around clvl 12, its tied to the Wound Ticture quest, after Wildland pass and Flan Gunderson (spl?)

Its well worth the wait since she pays alot more for goods.

AE

Geändert von Aragorn-Elessar (02-05-2005 um 23:28 Uhr).
Aragorn-Elessar ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 02-10-2005, 19:48   #32
Griffin

Benutzerbild von Griffin

Hi I'm new I think all these tips are great but I can't use most of them since i have no idea how to rotate buildings and I don't know most of the hotkeys , so can some one inform me about them?
Griffin ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 02-10-2005, 22:25   #33
Aragorn-Elessar

To rotate buildings select worker/workers hold down CTRL and with your mouse wheel rotate till you have it where you want then plunt it down.

Try to have the circles locking mainly for food buildings, ie grain farms and food store.

HotKeys are in the back of your owners manual but here are the main ones-

H-holds troops in place they still will fight in place, one of the most used keys imo.

Select Avatar/Heros F1-F6

Assign unit numbers hold down CTRL and then a number 1-6

Inventory-I

Kill own unit ( when upgrading them) K

Quicksave-F7

Quickload -F9

Zoom in and out mouse wheel

Send group to destination- leftclick

Send group to destination but attack on the way any enemies CTRL/leftclick

Waypoints Shift/rightclick little flags appear and a large one on the final destination.

C- stops action troops will do nothing at all.

Hope this helps

AE

Geändert von Aragorn-Elessar (02-10-2005 um 22:28 Uhr).
Aragorn-Elessar ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 02-10-2005, 23:11   #34
Griffin

Benutzerbild von Griffin

Thanx alot.
Griffin ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 04-10-2005, 02:09   #35
Aragorn-Elessar

A few things-

Earthblade you can get it fairly early by killing Arz'ach in Mulandir and you only have to dodge a couple Medussas to get to him.

Hit the Bindstone in the "University" area and go to S Windwall and give the componets to the dwarf and you get your Earthblade.

This however will leave you short one Stone Of Eternal Fire, but you can get that at the Rift then go back later to Farlorns and have the portal blasted.

Shadowpulse Armor, you can also get fairly early, soon as you get to Farlorns Hope talk to Rigor and you will get the "true" shadow ring, then on to N Windwalls and kill the Shadows.

If your Avatar is strong enough he can take them out one by one, if not build a small Elf army.

Then on to Howling Mounds Fortress and get the crystal out of the wall.
Lastly to Greyfell and Castagir and wait 5 minutes or so and you get Shadowpluse, you then can return to Farlorns and start the map with some super armor.

Mulandir- handling the Medussas, have your weakest hero equipped with Magic Pants, then send him/her to a Medussa meanwhile have your heros gather around a couple gargolyes then kill them when they come alive.

Rinse and repeat till all Gargs are dead then kill the Medussas, not untill the gargs are dead since they give high exp not the Medussas.

A easy way for the Rift is to equip your Avatar with magic pants and anything that increase walking speed, if he has Aura Of Fast Walking it makes it all the easier.

Do NOT activate the Bindstone or Orc Monument!

After talking to Talia run and DO NOT STOP to the East side of the valley, run and dodge around the enemy but do not engage or you will be swamped.

Once at the east side kill Ulather get the key, hit the Bindstone and run back to the West and the Orc base, you can then either go to Mulandir and complete the Phoenix quest or go to Farlorns and complete the blasting quest ( you now have another Stone Of Fire) or do both.

Then return if you want and build a Orc and Troll Army and clear the map if you are high enough level since it is hard.

AE
Alt 04-10-2005, 10:30   #36
Travahar
Ice Wolf

I kinda did that once, but the problem with rushing this maps is that all those lvl 25 demons that appear after Ulather's death will stick around those lvl 20 spawnpoints, it became very difficult for me to take out the lvl 25, cause my army got always blocked by these lvl 20 demons, while the others did extinction and mind attacks

Greetings
Alt 04-10-2005, 15:13   #37
Aragorn-Elessar

You have to wait till after they "try" to attack the Orc base, they will slowly move back into the side valleys, I should have mentioned that I guess. That is the reason you don't activate the Orc base till after Ulander is dead the high level demons go to the base but do not destroy anything.

You will still have some chasing you but if you run fast enough and near the Orc base they will stop giving chase.

You can then buildup the Orc base, set some Totems to guard the ramp entrance.

Then have your Tar take the Bindstone to the East and start the Troll camp.

Once both armies are set and your Heros summoned you can slowly and carefully start destroying the spawn points.

It for sure is hard but you get alot of exp and loot.

AE
Alt 04-24-2005, 08:31   #38
GameKing

Benutzerbild von GameKing

Quest help

Just started playing a few days go. This thread has really helped. People like Aragorn provide a super service to people like me. (67 yrs old, but gaming since old Apple ][ days!).

Is there anywhere I can get specific help. e.g. on one of the early maps I need to get into an area that is guarded with a locked door. Game says I need a red key. I thought I had spoken to everyone, killed everyone, opened every chest. etc. but no red key. So now I need help. In some larger games (eg SWG) there are sites where every NPC, etc is listed.

Also, and this pbly seems dumb, how on earth do I know which map I am on? I took a short break, and logged on and quest log said I had to deliver <whatever> to <whoever> in <whereever> but try as I may, I couldn't be sure where I was at that moment. There has to be a simple answer to this one!

Again .. thanks to all who have contributed to this thread.
GameKing ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 04-24-2005, 10:30   #39
Travahar
Ice Wolf

Red key ... hmmm ... red key ... you haven't accidently been on the shiel map where you need to find the antidote for a general? If you have been there, then you should go (up north, I believe) destroying four or five minotaurs on your own (don't need to do them all at once, and you may wanna leave the buildings for later) and take the portal to Liannon.
Then talk to the healer girl in the village (darn, forgot her name, something with a Sh... I think), she'll tell you to fetch her the antidote ingredients in the part of the map which has been locked. You receive the red key, take your heros and destroy the goblin spawns inside this area ... shouldn't be to hard ... give her the ingredients and she'll make a potion out of it. Return the potion to the general and he'll give you some troops to atteign a monument from which you have to build your army and secure the area until all orcish troops have been chased.

Of course al of this can only been done if you've already spoken to the general (or one of his luitenants, cause he's to weak) if you haven't visited that place yet you should continue your quest and other bussinesses until you meet their camp.

Move your mouse over the portal, above the portal you should read white letters with destination. Of course this only lets you know where you'll end up, won't tell you where you are; and changing maps to read the sign on the other side is quite dumb (since you'll lose all resources and buildings by changing maps).
You can of course activate a bindstone and just check the list of places you've visited; usually it'll read:
Greyfell - near human monument
Greyfell - Quarter of the Order
... etc
So unless you've been returning on your steps the last bindstone in the list can tell you where you are ...
I'll add a map with all the islands, this might be a little bit of a spoiler though
and since I'm playing a french version of SF I only kept the french map. Most of the names will be similar ...

Raah, files too big, will try later on

Greetings
Alt 04-25-2005, 04:58   #40
Aragorn-Elessar

You may want to post this on the OOD Single Player Mission Forum.

Check this site here for a very good walkthru and other very good info about SF-

http://www.planetspellforce.com/index.php

Talk to Shan Muir (in Liannon) about the Lords sickness then go straight and there is a guard there who will give you the keep to open the gate kill all the Gobs and the Alfalas is in one of the chests.

AE

Themen-Optionen