Tips - Seite 4 - SpellForce - Official Board

News:
08-17-2017, 15:02: SpellForce 3 Collectors Edition + Cinematic Trailer
05-18-2017, 15:52: SF3 Beta startet am 19.5. - Alle Informationen + Updates
01-17-2017, 20:52: alte Forenlinks "reparieren"
08-10-2015, 14:07: [Sammelthread] SpellForce 3 - Alle Infos / Release 07.12.2017
07-04-2012, 21:36: SpellForce-Datenbank ist wieder da - Ein WiKi soll entstehen
08-30-2009, 20:03: Patchübersicht

Herzlich Willkommen im offiziellen SpellForce Forum!

Du betrachtest das Forum zur Zeit als Gast, was deine Zugriffsrechte bei Diskussionen und anderen Dingen enorm einschränkt. Wenn du dich hier registrierst, was natürlich völlig kostenlos ist, dann wirst du Beiträge und Themen erstellen, Private Konversationen mit anderen Mitgliedern führen, bei Umfragen abstimmen, Inhalte uploaden und vielen andere Dinge können. Die Anmeldung geht schnell von Statten, ist enorm einfach und kostenlos, daher würden wir dich ersuchen, dich zu registrieren!

Falls es Probleme mit der Anmeldung oder dem Zugriff auf einen Account gibt, stehen wir dir gerne über die Kontaktseite mit Rat und Tat zur Verfügung.

SpellForce Newsletter
Gib deine E-Mail Adresse in das Feld ein, um immer über die letzten Neuigkeiten zu SpellForce informiert zu werden

Zurück   SpellForce - Official Board > SpellForce - English Forum > SpellForce 1 > General Discussion
Registrieren Hilfe Benutzerliste Kalender Suchen Heutige Beiträge Alle Foren als gelesen markieren

General Discussion General Discussion related to SpellForce.

Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Alt 08-24-2005, 23:21   #61
Aragorn-Elessar

Benutzerbild von Aragorn-Elessar

Best way to deal with the Minotaurs at that narrow space is to first have some towers then Upgraded Windarchers, and Upgraded Healers, and then the Elf Titan.

Put all on Hold have the Titan out front tanking, the Healers keeping him healthy, while the archers chew up the Minotaurs. you don't need alot of towers a few Frostbringers and some arrows to help the Windarchers.

The Troll Hurlers are a royal pain, don't try to fight them with your Avatar, no matter how strong he/she is since they do about 18 damage each rock and never miss also they can throw almost a screen away, alittle overpowered imo.

Just use your Avatar to take the heat off the towers and lure the Hurlers into the tower area. Then get him out of reach. Have plenty of workers to keep the towers repaired.

As I have mentioned in this post try to place your towers in a bow or half-circle this creates a good killing zone the trolls take damage from 3 sides.

By the creekbed on each corner put 2 Frostbringers to slow them and a cluster of 8 or so arrow towers, then do 3 rows in a bow shape for the rest.

The Frost is mainly to slow them while the arrows do most the damage so have quite a few more arrow than frost towers.

AE
Alt 08-26-2005, 01:24   #62
Aragorn-Elessar

Another small tip (wish I could just edit these as I go)-

When you have Healers make sure and have plenty of food and as many foodstores as you can build, this speeds their mana regeneration and also the troops health regeneration.

Mentioned elsewhere in this post make sure and check all over a map for treasure areas, chests dead bodies etc.

Just today I was at South Windwalls and for the first time noticed a chest near the pond as you go thru the gate into the Coldmark, straight ahead by the pond, back in the corner almost out of sight.

It had some Gems and a lvl 7 spell in it, I have did this map many, many times and never have seen it before, the sun was shining there and it caught my eye.

There is one in Greydusk Vale (by the Elf base) hidden by the water where the Southern Lenya field is, I found it by mistake also.

Anyway it pays to check all over a map, also before you leave it.

Try to kill Udwin the ghost in Liannon, before you head to Wildland pass since his ring gives among other good stats, +20 to fire resists, very handy at Wildland.

Don't forget to use the Titans all give usefull auras and can really help as a meatshield.

All for now.

AE
Alt 08-26-2005, 05:12   #63
Reed

Reed eine Nachricht über MSN schicken
well, the plan of using the titan as a shield against the minotaurs and then having the avatar as a shield for trolls, then massive healer and windarcher army to mow em down is ok for a defence. In the end though, the bit I find most hard is to go on the offence while your defending the base, cause thats what I find to be the worst part of bladerock There is actually quite many problems which cause this:

Two entrances to your base, which both are narrow and cant really support a large tower defence(I dont think towers are that effective at stoping anything at all anyway)
Two enemy forces which are stronger than your elven army, in my opinion. And that they attack from diffrent entrances.
Then you have the problem with your elven army, which already is at a disadvantage cause they are weaker than the troll's and minotaurs. How many should you leave to defend your base, and how many should attack. And when you attack, should you send the avatar along?^^

Quite intriguing!!(spelling?) I'd say, the hardest map in the game unless you go in and kill one of the camps before activating the monument. Now, there are many more maps like this of course, but I dont think any are as hard as this one to go in solo, simply because your avatar still isnt all that strong. In many cases anyway. When I created my last avatar it was pure heavy wepon and armory, and I loaded every game over again if I died XD So the avatar was able to kill everything on the map except the minotaur boss and one hut, and the troll boss and one of it's hut's. Thus I managed to control the attacks. But, I guess I'll add that this was extremely boring, and because it wasnt my first time, the Braga Kraga thing and all that didnt really spice up the map in any way. It all felt like the same So, in the end I think the only thing you can do in bladerock is to leave as little troops to defend with your avatar as possible, cause the avatar is the only one who can defend one of the entrances almost solo once you send your attacking army out from the other entrance. Then, if your attacking army die before you can summon enough new warriors for a second attack, you probably did something wrong^^ I would also probably go for attacking the minotaur's first, cause of the hero monument becomming available.

Once bladerock is over, your avatar probably is strong enough to do more things by her/himself. Then you will be able to take out enemy forces which are a threat from more than one entrance to the base area, before you actiave the monument Bladerock is in many ways a turning point. I would never do any map after bladerock without scouting and destroying enemy bases before building up my own army.
Reed ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 08-26-2005, 10:02   #64
Travahar
Ice Wolf

Benutzerbild von Travahar

RPG Character: Equanox
A tower defense in the right place can stop both attack waves (if supported by elven units on the right places; titan up front with minotaurs and healers in the back; windarchers among the towers with the trolls)
I always wait till the very end, after an hour or two pressure diminishes on both entrances. Finally attacks will come to a stop and then you can move in with a 40-army
Alt 08-26-2005, 15:36   #65
Aragorn-Elessar

I should have mentioned a important thing and that is to NOT activate the Dwarf base, since that starts the Trolls attacking in full force since they notice you are there.

You can stay at your Elf base for quite awhile and a stray Troll will come up once in awhile but not in full force.

Once you have the Minators set then move your Avatar, some Healers and at least 9 workers to the East.

Still do not activate the Dwarf Monument, since you don't need them, just some Iron for the EB quest.

Have your Avatar by the riverbed and have the workers start on the towers, you will have plenty of time to get the towers up till the Troll scouts see you are there.
They will then start the attack waves.

Then its just a matter of keeping the towers repaired and your Tar healthy, thus some Healers, or like me I always play Hvy Combat- based Paladins so healing is no problem.

Have your Elf workers switch to Hunting for food but only have a few otherwise the game runs out and they stray, this way you can keep building up your Elven army and have them help handle the Minators.

I have did this map several, well many times and only the first time did I lose any towers, after I learned where and how to put them, I haven't lost any, nor any troops (on hard setting).

Once the attacks slow then have some Dwarfs harvest some Iron and start some Pig Farms for food, you don't need any Dwarf troops.

You can then move out with the Elven army and finish the map as you please.

Since the main attacks have stopped the rest is pretty easy to do with the Elven army and your Heros.

AE

Geändert von Aragorn-Elessar (08-26-2005 um 15:38 Uhr).
Aragorn-Elessar ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 08-27-2005, 01:03   #66
Aragorn-Elessar

Too late to edit, I should also mention that IMO, its better to do Greydusk Vale before Stoneblade for these reasons-

Your Avatar will be at a higher level.

If you take Hvy Armor, you can then use the Dawn Helmet and Greaves at HA 7.

You will beable to use Rune Hero Bael (lvl 17 req you can buy him in Greyfell) who is a great help.

I always do Greydusk before Stoneblade for the above reasons and just like to have more exp going into Stoneblade.

As for leaving your base unguarded, once the towers are up to stop the Trolls and their rush is over you don't have to worry about the East side.

Then all you have to worry about is the Minators and a few Beastmen, which your now full strength Elven army (80) plus your Avatar and Heros can handle easily.

Just make sure and build some towers to the East in the large open area by the Hero Monument since once activated, Trolls will stray towards it.

This map is also easy to Camp on although at the Troll bases you need alot of towers and have to repair them quite a bit.

Myself I think The Rift is one of the hardest to clear, especially if you let the high level Demons such as Red Deaths spawn, and play on Hard setting. By killing Ulather right off it sets the spawning in motion, along with activating the Orc and Troll Monuments.

It is though a great place to "Park" on the Demon ramp leading up the South Mountain where most the Demons spawn from. You can easily gain 2 levels here.

AE
__________________________________________________ ______________
One more thing lately I have read about some players having troubles on maps entering the wrong portal and such. Please follow the game as it is meant to be, and listen to what is said during dialog and read your log book. Doing so will save you time, aggravation and missed quests.
__________________________________________________ _______________

Geändert von Aragorn-Elessar (08-27-2005 um 01:13 Uhr).
Aragorn-Elessar ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 08-27-2005, 01:07   #67
lord Tyrondus
The Troubled One

Benutzerbild von lord Tyrondus

RPG Character: Tarren Cergan
lord Tyrondus eine Nachricht über MSN schicken
Another reason for doing greydusk first is that you now have the plans for the dwarven pigfarm, which is imo an important source of food for your elven army (bushes are depleted to fast and hunters go to far to get sighted by minotaurs, only to trigger greater mino rushes earlier on).

http://www.idealing.blogspot.com
lord Tyrondus ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 08-27-2005, 12:00   #68
Reed

Reed eine Nachricht über MSN schicken
I agree that it's not "impossible", and that there is a way to do it which will ensure that you dont get your army wiped and monuments disabled etc. However tho, I think stoneblade is the natural place to go for a person who just cleared coldmark, and everything else on the map. Which will mean that they go there before Greydusk , and that they go there before getting the, maybe, much needed xp on their avatar. So, that is why I think it's the most challenging map of the game
As for the rift, if you use the right orc unit's it should be a piece of cake. I found orc totems to be pretty good for almost everything. It's like with human paladin's, and elven druids against blades and undead. If you have like 10 in a army made out of many diffrent units, you wont get a very good effect. Mostly because they cant kill the monsters before the mana run out. But if you have a army made out of paladin's, druid's or in my case when I played the rift, orc totems. It's a entierly diffrent story^^
I wont say elven druids and human paladin's will work as single army unit's in places like whisper and so on, when I havent tried it myself. But seing how the orc totems more or less eat up entire demon spawns and Ulather himself in only a few seconds, I would think it should work in pretty much the same way It's similar in all games, there is always some unit which is a bit overpowered, and in a huge mass becomes a god unit. Red Alert 2 had the those prism tanks, and in age of empires 2 the teutonic knights were cheap and deadly effective>)

Geändert von Reed (08-27-2005 um 12:04 Uhr).
Reed ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 10-12-2005, 12:35   #69
Kenji213

Benutzerbild von Kenji213

Stone Blade Mountain

Level difficulty: Low
My avatar go alone destroy Minotour and Troll camps.
Level difficulty: Normal
Alone destroy Monitours camp and I need help from 4 summoned Heroes to destroy Trolls.

Tips: never activated Elfen or Dwarf monument, before all their camps has been destroyed.
Kenji213 ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 10-12-2005, 14:12   #70
lord Tyrondus
The Troubled One

Benutzerbild von lord Tyrondus

RPG Character: Tarren Cergan
lord Tyrondus eine Nachricht über MSN schicken
You do know that activating (at least one of) the monuments in the area is a key to a mayor source of exp? Yes, ofcourse it takes you hours before you can launch a decent offense, but still, those were some of the most fun hours in my entire spellforce career (and the joy and satisfaction it gives when you can say 'Yes, I beated Stoneblade mountain on hard setting, without cheats'. That only returns a few times in the game, like the rift, breathing forest and onyx bay).

http://www.idealing.blogspot.com
lord Tyrondus ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 10-12-2005, 15:14   #71
Aragorn-Elessar

I agree first time I beat Stoneblade on High setting was a complete thrill much as with the Rift. These 2 maps are the only ones now that really get me excited, Stoneblade more than the Rift even since you are pressed for time. Mulandir is also another that is very fun and you feel a big sense of accomplishment when it is cleared on High. Should mention I play all maps on High for max experience.

The only time I solo maps are the last ones-

S Godmark
Nightwhisper Dale
Breathing Forest
Sharrowdale

Since my Avatars are all about lvl 28-29 by S Godmark, so I know they will hit 30 by beginning of Sharrowdale.
Alt 10-12-2005, 16:18   #72
Artimes
Lionheart

Benutzerbild von Artimes

RPG Character: Artimes
Artimes eine Nachricht über AIM schicken Artimes eine Nachricht über MSN schicken Artimes eine Nachricht über Yahoo! schicken
Hi @ Kenji 213 if you need any help or info or any tactics at all aobut stoneblade look at this thread. Aragorn and free flinker give gd advice and aid on this map.

http://spellforce.jowood.de/forum/sh...blade+mountain

Cheers
Artimes ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 10-12-2005, 20:25   #73
LennyLen
Resident Lenny

Benutzerbild von LennyLen

LennyLen eine Nachricht über MSN schicken
Zitat:
Mulandir is also another that is very fun and you feel a big sense of accomplishment when it is cleared on High.
It doesn't really matter what setting you play Mulandir on since there are no spawn points.
Alt 10-12-2005, 20:32   #74
Artimes
Lionheart

Benutzerbild von Artimes

Artimes eine Nachricht über AIM schicken Artimes eine Nachricht über MSN schicken Artimes eine Nachricht über Yahoo! schicken
Hi @ Lenny len, yes but depending on the lvl of difficulty obiously the lvl and toughness of your enemies is going to be differant. And i think when aragorn said on a high he meant a high lvl and believe me its not easy! Aspecially the medusas on a high lvl of difficulty lets put it this way its a little more difficult!

Cheers
Alt 10-13-2005, 05:06   #75
LennyLen
Resident Lenny

Zitat:
Zitat von artimes
Hi @ Lenny len, yes but depending on the lvl of difficulty obiously the lvl and toughness of your enemies is going to be differant. And i think when aragorn said on a high he meant a high lvl and believe me its not easy! Aspecially the medusas on a high lvl of difficulty lets put it this way its a little more difficult!

Cheers
Monsters don't get tougher as you increase the difficulty level, they only spawn faster.
Alt 10-13-2005, 09:02   #76
Travahar
Ice Wolf

How many times will we have this discussion overand over again?
The last three times we looked at this subject we agreed that the only things that changes is a decrease of the chances that you hit an ennemy and an increase of them hitting you. Final stop
Alt 10-13-2005, 10:29   #77
Kenji213

Benutzerbild von Kenji213

Zitat:
Zitat von artimes
Hi @ Kenji 213 if you need any help or info or any tactics at all aobut stoneblade look at this thread ...
Many thanks for the advice, and I already check this thread.

as I think:
Stone Blade Mountain is "only" bonus map and my mission here is get Stone Blade (My avatar bring it every where until I get Blade of Light) and get bonus Tworsnik Shield (my Avatar bring it in to the SotP campaign). at the first My avatar Lvl. 17 HCA alone being ambush by Minotours, as far as I remember they have lv. 13, (it's because pointer mouse clicked in "dark" area minimap, blind scouting), about 7 or 8 of them, and My Avatar win with litle wounded. Te.. he.. why I must built huge army, when my Avatar can go alone destroy them?

Tips: Spell Force as RPG Game: Hit and Run and Hit Again , lol
Kenji213 ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 10-13-2005, 14:22   #78
LennyLen
Resident Lenny

Zitat:
Zitat von Travahar
How many times will we have this discussion overand over again?
The last three times we looked at this subject we agreed that the only things that changes is a decrease of the chances that you hit an ennemy and an increase of them hitting you. Final stop
Define 'we' in a contextual sense.
Alt 10-13-2005, 14:23   #79
Travahar
Ice Wolf

We = those who were around here on the forum when the last three discussions on this subject took place.
Alt 10-13-2005, 21:35   #80
Artimes
Lionheart

Benutzerbild von Artimes

Hi, @ Lenny Len write then what about mulandir the number of spawns dont increase the enemies are toughter. And the amount of spawns all depend on how much time you give them to spawn there units and when you are going to take there whole base out. And the same goes for there units more spawn when you destroy them. So it all depends on your timing and actions.

Cheers
Antwort

Themen-Optionen