Tips - Seite 5 - SpellForce - Official Board

News:
08-17-2017, 14:02: SpellForce 3 Collectors Edition + Cinematic Trailer
05-18-2017, 14:52: SF3 Beta startet am 19.5. - Alle Informationen + Updates
01-17-2017, 19:52: alte Forenlinks "reparieren"
08-10-2015, 13:07: [Sammelthread] SpellForce 3 - Alle Infos / Release 07.12.2017
07-04-2012, 20:36: SpellForce-Datenbank ist wieder da - Ein WiKi soll entstehen
08-30-2009, 19:03: Patchübersicht

Herzlich Willkommen im offiziellen SpellForce Forum!

Du betrachtest das Forum zur Zeit als Gast, was deine Zugriffsrechte bei Diskussionen und anderen Dingen enorm einschränkt. Wenn du dich hier registrierst, was natürlich völlig kostenlos ist, dann wirst du Beiträge und Themen erstellen, Private Konversationen mit anderen Mitgliedern führen, bei Umfragen abstimmen, Inhalte uploaden und vielen andere Dinge können. Die Anmeldung geht schnell von Statten, ist enorm einfach und kostenlos, daher würden wir dich ersuchen, dich zu registrieren!

Falls es Probleme mit der Anmeldung oder dem Zugriff auf einen Account gibt, stehen wir dir gerne über die Kontaktseite mit Rat und Tat zur Verfügung.

SpellForce Newsletter
Gib deine E-Mail Adresse in das Feld ein, um immer über die letzten Neuigkeiten zu SpellForce informiert zu werden

Zurück   SpellForce - Official Board > SpellForce - English Forum > SpellForce 1 > General Discussion
Registrieren Hilfe Benutzerliste Kalender Suchen Heutige Beiträge Alle Foren als gelesen markieren

General Discussion General Discussion related to SpellForce.

Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Alt 10-15-2005, 10:15   #81
lord Tyrondus
The Troubled One

Benutzerbild von lord Tyrondus

RPG Character: Tarren Cergan
lord Tyrondus eine Nachricht über MSN schicken
Zitat:
Zitat von Kenji213
Many thanks for the advice, and I already check this thread.

as I think:
Stone Blade Mountain is "only" bonus map and my mission here is get Stone Blade (My avatar bring it every where until I get Blade of Light) and get bonus Tworsnik Shield (my Avatar bring it in to the SotP campaign). at the first My avatar Lvl. 17 HCA alone being ambush by Minotours, as far as I remember they have lv. 13, (it's because pointer mouse clicked in "dark" area minimap, blind scouting), about 7 or 8 of them, and My Avatar win with litle wounded. Te.. he.. why I must built huge army, when my Avatar can go alone destroy them?

Tips: Spell Force as RPG Game: Hit and Run and Hit Again , lol
Now theres your mistake: Spellforce is not, and I repeat, NOT an RPG. It cant be an RPG when at least 60% percent is strategy. Spellforce is a good, healthy mix of these two genres, which has been named RPS (role playing strategy).
And, as I said before: you miss an important portion of both experience and fun when you solo Stoneblade.

Also @Aragorn, I tend to solo Godwall as well, since the amount of experience (which could easily be identified with the number 0) does not weigh up to the difficulty of the map.

http://www.idealing.blogspot.com
lord Tyrondus ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 10-17-2005, 06:18   #82
Kenji213

Benutzerbild von Kenji213

I wrote : ... Spell Force as RPG Game...
I think it is defferent sentence and have different mean, if I wrote ... Spell Force is RPG Game ...
I love RPG part of SF
I love RTS part of SF
I love both ...

I think:
Discussion Board is the place, where I can share my own opinion or my own tric or my own tips without being judged : You wrong! or You right!
Fun it's defferent between one and another peoples. What I doing whith "my own" SF game very funny to me.

I do wrong? easy men, peace

Yha!
Kenji213 ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 10-17-2005, 17:04   #83
lord Tyrondus
The Troubled One

No, my mistake, I read spellforce is an RPG game. Now that I look again I see there is no 'is'.
My mistake, sorry.

Alt 10-17-2005, 17:27   #84
Travahar
Ice Wolf

Benutzerbild von Travahar

RPG Character: Equanox
Zitat:
Zitat von Kenji213
Tips: Spellforce as RPG Game: Hit and Run and Hit Again , lol

Tips: Spellforce as RTS Game: Create an 80+-army and take wave after wave until the exp bar explodes
Alt 12-18-2005, 19:59   #85
Aragorn-Elessar

Benutzerbild von Aragorn-Elessar

Just a small tip which most you may do anyway but, as you get spell scrolls you know you are for sure going to use in the future, enter them in your spellbook as soon as you get them.

This will make it more convenient, also it will reduce the chance of you selling a spell by mistake. Which I have did.

AE

Geändert von Aragorn-Elessar (12-18-2005 um 20:02 Uhr).
Aragorn-Elessar ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 12-20-2005, 20:59   #86
D.C. Darkling

Benutzerbild von D.C. Darkling

D.C. Darkling eine Nachricht über AIM schicken D.C. Darkling eine Nachricht über MSN schicken
and since the spellbook has infinate pages, I sort them on type of magic and lvl aswell.
Each lvl5 spell is on one page, and lvl6 on the next. Group by cattegory and place next to each other by subcategory.
also quite brilliant to see if you got the same spell on a working higher lvl
D.C. Darkling ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 12-20-2005, 21:04   #87
Travahar
Ice Wolf

I did the same, except that I only placed those that I could ever use. The others went to the merchants in exchange for gold.
Alt 12-20-2005, 21:52   #88
lord Tyrondus
The Troubled One

I simply tossed the spells I no longer use (lower level spells) and replaced them by theyr higher level counterparts.

You can't get any money for them, so, why bother to keep them?

Alt 12-23-2005, 16:16   #89
Albert-Wesker

Benutzerbild von Albert-Wesker

Hello vereyone, i am very new to the site but i am not new to the game. I finished the rift at level 19 but then had to swipe the pc. So, i need all the help i can get.
Albert-Wesker ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 12-23-2005, 18:51   #90
Travahar
Ice Wolf

Didn't you copy a savegame on a CDrom?

If so, just place it back in the savegame folder where you found it. If not, there's only one way and that's the hard way (or cheating with a trainer, or Artmoney,...)
Alt 12-23-2005, 19:28   #91
Albert-Wesker

Zitat:
Zitat von Travahar
Didn't you copy a savegame on a CDrom?
Did'nt think of that. thanks anyway. hopefully next i do it i'll rember.
Alt 12-23-2005, 19:29   #92
Travahar
Ice Wolf

Write it on your hand
Alt 12-23-2005, 20:17   #93
Albert-Wesker

thanks. But can you give me tips on how to level up better? i did most of it on my own last time and was level 19 at the end of the rift (almost level 20 ) . Please help me out here!
Alt 12-23-2005, 20:26   #94
Travahar
Ice Wolf

More than enough tips around here on the forum (you might wanna search on tips), but some basic stuff.

Take your time. Make a camp, protect it with towers and let the enemy kill itself against your towerwall. Easy-level gain, build your army up to 80 plus heroes plus titan(s) plus swarm units. Take out one camp after another, if your base is self-supporting (no workers running through danger zone constantly and the tower wall holds no matter what amount of enemies attack) you might consider the option to leave one building in each camp. That way you can come back later for even more exp (usually I destroy whole camps since better exp waits for me on the next island)

Finish a max amount of side-quest, especially in SotP these'll give fat exp bonusses.

That's it more or less, there are some cases of doubling the gain of exp. You know that mage who destroys everything near him with this mean killer spell? A griffonrider is needed to kill the dude, but you can do it on your own as well. First build towers out of the range of the mage (no workers getting killed, no towers getting destroyed), fetch the griffonrider's outfit and send him to the mage. It takes him awhile to fly towards the mage, during that time you can easily sacrifice a worker. When the mage spots the worker he'll advance in order to strike him down (with all the other ghost around you might wanna send ten workers), now they all are in the range of your towerwall but the towers are immune to his magic (and all other magic) so he goes mano y mano and will destroy one tower completely before the others finish him off.
Now you get exp for killing a lvl 30 enemy and when the griffon rider arrives on the spot he'll claim the victory and you'll get another bit of exp for completing a quest.
Alt 12-23-2005, 20:34   #95
Albert-Wesker

Thanks for the tips, i'll use those. Though very sadley i dont have SOTP (i'll have to go out and buy it ) thanks anyway!!
Alt 01-11-2006, 22:39   #96
Aragorn-Elessar

Benutzerbild von Aragorn-Elessar

Some of these tips are scattered thru this post but for new players I will list some things that will help you thru the game-
__________________________________________________ _______________

SAVE- Do FULL saves when-

Before you levelup
Before leaving a map
When first entering a map
When completing a major quest like Earthblade

Do quicksaves when-

Before a big fight
periodically in case of a bug/crash

Follow your logbook, most everything you need to know as to where to go and what to do is in there, this will save you many hassles.

Try to do the maps in their natural order again this saves hassles and keeps you on the right track, too many new players get ahead of themselves and end up too low a level for the map they are on. By following the natural order and logbook this won't happen.

Do all quests if possible when given to you or later always again check your logbook for quests that are still open. I have seen alot of players forget to do quests and miss out on good gear like Earthblade and Shadowpulse.

Take your time! Don't storm the map as soon as you have a handfull of troops, let the enemy come to you. Don't rush thru the map, one of the better ways to gain experience is to play a defensive game till the enemy spawns dry up then attack.

Towers are a very good thing in ToOd they can save your base and troops use them freely they can turn the tide of battle for you and yes you get experience from tower kills.

Before leaving a map double check the whole map many treasure areas like dead bodies are hard to spot, you wouldn't want to miss any, same with enemy troops.

When you do a Full save before leveling up this makes it possible if you want, to go back to a earlier save and redo your Avatars stats and skills if you messed up or just want to change his/her build.

Try to plan your Avatar out on paper, this helps any errors you may make when leveling and it gives you a idea of how your Avatar will progress thru the game.

Don't base your skills and stat points on reaching lvl 30 while you can hit that level (I have many times) its better to shoot for around clvl's 26-28 when planning your Avatar.

One of the more important saves Full save that is, is when you leave a map, in case the next map goes bad or has a bug you can always go back to that save and re-enter the map again, very important to do this.

Patches-

If you DO NOT have the 2 addons then use patch 1.11 if you DO have them then use either 1.38 or 1.52, makesure and patchup to the appropriate patch this will save you alot of grief.

Good luck and have fun.

AE

Geändert von Aragorn-Elessar (01-11-2006 um 22:44 Uhr).
Aragorn-Elessar ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 03-25-2006, 22:04   #97
Matthew

The tips are really helpful, I really like them, especially this one :

[Try to plan your Avatar out on paper, this helps any errors you may make when leveling and it gives you a idea of how your Avatar will progress thru the game.]
Matthew ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 06-01-2007, 17:34   #98
diplomatxe
Evil Genius

Benutzerbild von diplomatxe

before going into an unknown area, check inventory, stats etc to see whether u r at risk.

2. Stick to the main quests and come back to side quests at the end of each one. this means you have usually klled most enemies
diplomatxe ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 06-12-2007, 20:05   #99
Samurai Guard Maid

Benutzerbild von Samurai Guard Maid

Don't know if this has already been put but what the heck.. just in case.

building more than one forge for your races makes their units train quicker. i.e. human recruits take 5-6 seconds to train with one forge but with three it only takes 3-4. may not sound like much but if you need lots of units and fast, which is neccesary sometimes, it makes a hell of a difference.

SGM
Alt 08-14-2007, 10:47   #100
goron
Oberster Ork-Anführer

Benutzerbild von goron

excellent thread here

Another tip
It takes a lot of time to have 80 units, so allways try do do as much Farms that produces Food constantly, because that buildings are often small and they only need one worker!

If you need food and you have a lot of recources, make in the time you produce a titan with upgrade.

Never let the units battle alone. It is much much effetkiver if you attack one by one.

Allways reproduce units in the battle, so if you loose, youll have allready some troops in your camp.
Antwort

Themen-Optionen