The plains of Argun - SpellForce - Official Board

News:
08-17-2017, 15:02: SpellForce 3 Collectors Edition + Cinematic Trailer
05-18-2017, 15:52: SF3 Beta startet am 19.5. - Alle Informationen + Updates
01-17-2017, 20:52: alte Forenlinks "reparieren"
08-10-2015, 14:07: [Sammelthread] SpellForce 3 - Alle Infos / Release 07.12.2017
07-04-2012, 21:36: SpellForce-Datenbank ist wieder da - Ein WiKi soll entstehen
08-30-2009, 20:03: Patchübersicht

Herzlich Willkommen im offiziellen SpellForce Forum!

Du betrachtest das Forum zur Zeit als Gast, was deine Zugriffsrechte bei Diskussionen und anderen Dingen enorm einschränkt. Wenn du dich hier registrierst, was natürlich völlig kostenlos ist, dann wirst du Beiträge und Themen erstellen, Private Konversationen mit anderen Mitgliedern führen, bei Umfragen abstimmen, Inhalte uploaden und vielen andere Dinge können. Die Anmeldung geht schnell von Statten, ist enorm einfach und kostenlos, daher würden wir dich ersuchen, dich zu registrieren!

Falls es Probleme mit der Anmeldung oder dem Zugriff auf einen Account gibt, stehen wir dir gerne über die Kontaktseite mit Rat und Tat zur Verfügung.

SpellForce Newsletter
Gib deine E-Mail Adresse in das Feld ein, um immer über die letzten Neuigkeiten zu SpellForce informiert zu werden

Zurück   SpellForce - Official Board > SpellForce - English Forum > SpellForce 2 - Demons of the Past > Demons of the Past - Single Player Campaign
Registrieren Hilfe Benutzerliste Kalender Suchen Heutige Beiträge Alle Foren als gelesen markieren

Demons of the Past - Single Player Campaign *** SPOILER-Alert *** All questions around the Single Player Campaign of SpellForce 2 Demons of the Past

Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Alt 01-22-2014, 21:34   #1
Artimis
Lady knight

Benutzerbild von Artimis

The plains of Argun

I am really pleased to get the last map but I cannot deafeat any of nameless camps. I end up getting killed and I am running out if silver to keep remaking them. any and all help is appericated.
Alt 01-22-2014, 22:03   #2
Lornik
Super Moderator
Graue Eminenz
Fiara-Brigade

Benutzerbild von Lornik

RPG Character: Brahir
You should concentrate on the western camp first. It's far less fortified than the eastern base. Build Ravages to eliminate the Demon towers and then take on the Offender by shooting with Fire Gargoyles and freezing it with Shae (if you have her ^^) or hopefully any other Elemental mage you have in your party.
Necromancers are very helpful too as they generate new blockers (skeletons). Assassins can be helpful to eliminate immediate dangers like Bazuns or Erupts.
After the first base is gone, you'll get control over the Realm-troops and after the second base is gone you'll get control over the Shaikan troops and thus can build a far more powerful army.

Of course try to build a titan as soon as possible.

Good luck

Lornik

Wilhelm Busch
Lornik ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 01-22-2014, 22:16   #3
Artimis
Lady knight

Benutzerbild von Artimis

Oh, I got both there bases destroyed. I am finding this map really hard and expensive.
Alt 01-22-2014, 22:39   #4
Syko
Best SF-Screenshot

Benutzerbild von Syko

Zitat:
Zitat von Lornik Beitrag anzeigen
After the first base is gone, you'll get control over the Realm-troops and after the second base is gone you'll get control over the Shaikan troops and thus can build a far more powerful army.

Shortly after starting on the last map the Shaikan camp was destroyed by the Nameless.....and I thought that was a part of the game...lol...would have been easier with Shaikan troops, indeed...
Syko ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 01-23-2014, 02:27   #5
Epzaos

Benutzerbild von Epzaos

I pretty much leveled the main Nameless camp by placing three Ravages near each tower.
As soon as the towers were out of the way I sent my main force to finish them off.

I too had run out of silver the first time.
Epzaos ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 01-23-2014, 12:25   #6
Wyrmhero

I agree that the map seems to be very difficult, but only because of the lack of resources. I started on the eastern enemies, and then went on to the west. Your Shaikan ally definitely can't survive unless you help them, which might need fixing.
The map would be a lot easier with Shaikan allies (or if I'd thought to use Ravagers on the towers...), but for some reason I can't make any of their units other than Blademasters in the Barracks? The rest are coloured in, but clicking won't queue them. I had this problem in the Depths map as well.
Wyrmhero ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 01-23-2014, 13:51   #7
Lornik
Super Moderator
Graue Eminenz
Fiara-Brigade

Benutzerbild von Lornik

You can gather ressources from the bases of your allies there too, but ... honestly ... there are 20.000 of each ressource in your pact-camp. That's more than sufficient to produce tons of units, isn't it? And your hero-party, especially with Jorbal alongside can do much to tip the balance in your favour.
I've always played on very hard and it's really possible to do it - however, you have to take into account, that the Nameless are a special race and you have to modify your tactics for them.

Concerning the overall difficulty of the map - yes it's difficult, but remember other maps from previous games (e.g. Frostweaver rift, crystal wastes, Refuge) they were tough to beat too. I think it's possible and if you don't manage on very difficult or difficult then switch down a notch and go to normal or easy - that's definitely beatable.

Tactical advice: If you take on the second base (strongly fortified) at first, you'll get a group of very tough Clan-soldiers, who can help you through the next steps. And for the third base you can enlist Captain Halbeard and his undead, which work as tanks and spearhead for your attacks.

Concerning the Shaikan unit problem - try to build the same building again and upgrade it there. This will lead to you being able to build the respective units.

So long

Lornik

Wilhelm Busch
Alt 01-23-2014, 15:03   #8
Wyrmhero

It appears that I'm not able to build a Barracks at all on this map. Exiting/re-entering fixes the whole problem (though it obviously wipes my resources out completely).

I think the problem I had was that I spent a lot of my resources on Gargoyles, which are relatively flimsy. Would have been fine, except Frost Gargoyles seem bugged as well and so I had no defence against the Nameless sorcerers... I've posted that on the actual bug thread (as well as elsewhere first before finding said bug thread). I also took out the second base first, (I thought it'd be the less fortified one as it was closer), and lost a lot of units on it, so that can't have helped.

My heroes don't seem to do too well against the Nameless floating around though. If I wasn't using Benefactions and Healing Light continuously, don't know if my group could take them out. They can't take out the Nameless assaults on the Shaikan base alone without great difficulty.
I can't find the way to activate the towers either. Any advice on that?
Alt 01-23-2014, 16:48   #9
Lornik
Super Moderator
Graue Eminenz
Fiara-Brigade

Benutzerbild von Lornik

You have to activate Shaikan Upgrade in the HQ and if it's already activated there you'll have to build a new HQ for to build the Shaikan upgrade there - this will enable you to build a Barracks.
That's unfortunate, I know but giving several Factions as controllable comes with a price. Let's see, whether it's possible to fix this with an upcoming patch.

As a hint for your heroes - finish the Quest-arc of professor Twiddle and you'll have equipment more than suited for yourself or your heroes. And if you have at least five items from the Guardian-Elements-Set, this will give your Avatar a lot of power to turn the tides of this fight .

The towers have to be activated a) by a central control-mechanism and b) each one by a crystal.
The central control-mechanism is in the north, a little southwest from the third base.

So long

Lornik

Wilhelm Busch
Alt 01-23-2014, 18:37   #10
Wyrmhero

Yeah, I've been using the Guardian set and Twiddlium set, and while they are very nice, they can only really go on two/three heroes (Avatar has Guardians (and what a lot of power that is), mage has Twiddlium, ranger has Guardian Crossbow and Guardian Axe). I guess the problem wasn't a lack of items, just that I was slightly too level to use it at the beginning of the map, when heroes are most important.

I'm not surprised that the error there was caused by the additional factions (I am quite fond of being given them, I must say). As far as I can tell, that's the only bug I've found with extra factions.

I can't find the activation mechanism though. There was a comment some time ago in-game about a statue in the north-east, but that hasn't seemed to progress my quest at all, and the statue can't be interacted with, neither can the towers.
Alt 02-02-2014, 02:39   #11
Gert

I also have a problem in this map.

I kept building troops before doing an attack.

Now I cleared the whole map, activated the towers and such.

Problem is that I'm stuck...

The quest is open with "The last chapter" and I have to destroy the third nameless camp.

Defeated it ages ago... Been through te whole map. No nameless to be found.

What now?
Gert ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 02-02-2014, 02:55   #12
Sam Hotte
Super Moderator

You could upload a save game here for others to take a look and guide you or revert to an older save game where you are not yet stuck.
Or reveal complete map with help of cheats and see if you maybe overlooked something nameless in remote places.
Sam Hotte ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 04-07-2015, 11:57   #13
firebead

I fear ther are still some bugs in this map. I destroyed the first two nameless camp but the shaikan never joined my army. Then I reached the third base but captain Halbeard never showed up... Does someon knoes what can be causing the bug?
firebead ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 04-07-2015, 17:14   #14
Sam Hotte
Super Moderator

Zitat:
Zitat von firebead Beitrag anzeigen
I fear ther are still some bugs in this map. I destroyed the first two nameless camp but the shaikan never joined my army. Then I reached the third base but captain Halbeard never showed up... Does someon knoes what can be causing the bug?
As I said:
Zitat:
Zitat von Sam Hotte Beitrag anzeigen
You could upload a save game here for others to take a look and guide you or revert to an older save game where you are not yet stuck.
Or reveal complete map with help of cheats and see if you maybe overlooked something nameless in remote places.
Alt 04-07-2015, 18:22   #15
firebead

Thank you, but I finished the map. The cutscenes started playing one after anothere after I destroyed some random buildings in the last bases, very strange!
Unfortunately by then I didn't nedd nor Shaikan nor undead!
firebead ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 04-07-2015, 18:41   #16
Sam Hotte
Super Moderator

Zitat:
Zitat von firebead Beitrag anzeigen
Thank you, but I finished the map. The cutscenes started playing one after anothere after I destroyed some random buildings in the last bases, very strange!
Unfortunately by then I didn't nedd nor Shaikan nor undead!
Yeah, happens sometimes: Workers from Base #2 build something near/in Base #3. So player can only finally destroy base #2 when already fighting base #3.

Themen-Optionen