Windowed mode - SpellForce - Official Board

News:
08-17-2017, 15:02: SpellForce 3 OUT NOW! + Alle Trailer | Update: Alle Patchinfos
01-17-2017, 20:52: alte Forenlinks "reparieren"
07-04-2012, 21:36: SpellForce-Datenbank ist wieder da - Ein WiKi soll entstehen
08-30-2009, 20:03: Patchübersicht

Herzlich Willkommen im offiziellen SpellForce Forum!

Du betrachtest das Forum zur Zeit als Gast, was deine Zugriffsrechte bei Diskussionen und anderen Dingen enorm einschränkt. Wenn du dich hier registrierst, was natürlich völlig kostenlos ist, dann wirst du Beiträge und Themen erstellen, Private Konversationen mit anderen Mitgliedern führen, bei Umfragen abstimmen, Inhalte uploaden und vielen andere Dinge können. Die Anmeldung geht schnell von Statten, ist enorm einfach und kostenlos, daher würden wir dich ersuchen, dich zu registrieren!

Falls es Probleme mit der Anmeldung oder dem Zugriff auf einen Account gibt, stehen wir dir gerne über die Kontaktseite mit Rat und Tat zur Verfügung.

SpellForce Newsletter
Gib deine E-Mail Adresse in das Feld ein, um immer über die letzten Neuigkeiten zu SpellForce informiert zu werden

Zurück   SpellForce - Official Board > SpellForce - English Forum > SpellForce 2 - Shadow Wars > Shadow Wars - General Discussion
Registrieren Hilfe Benutzerliste Kalender Suchen Heutige Beiträge Alle Foren als gelesen markieren

Shadow Wars - General Discussion Discuss here all general things that belong to SpellForce 2

Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Alt 04-13-2006, 19:17   #1
Timgarbim

Windowed mode

Hello, spellforce 2 is a good game, but I miss a windowed mode in the video config . -windows and -w don´t work in the shortcut....Is there a way to do it ? thx
Timgarbim ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 04-13-2006, 20:54   #2
Travahar
Ice Wolf

Benutzerbild von Travahar

RPG Character: Equanox
If it is in the manual there should be a way to do it ... if not ... maybe one of the computerwizards will create a way, but that won't be for tomorrow, I suppose
Alt 04-13-2006, 21:03   #3
Timgarbim

hum...in spellforce 1 it is possible to run in windowed mode...
Timgarbim ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 04-13-2006, 21:42   #4
Travahar
Ice Wolf

Benutzerbild von Travahar

RPG Character: Equanox
I keep learning new things today, I never knew that.
Does a windowed mode enables you to minimalize quicker? Does the window take much place in the screen?
Alt 04-13-2006, 22:17   #5
lord Tyrondus
The Troubled One

Benutzerbild von lord Tyrondus

RPG Character: Tarren Cergan
lord Tyrondus eine Nachricht über MSN schicken
That's the whole point of a window, it has the size you want it to be
But I assume that, unless you want to scroll every five seconds, it'll have to take the complete screen...

http://www.idealing.blogspot.com
lord Tyrondus ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 04-14-2006, 00:14   #6
Kubi
Resurrected

Benutzerbild von Kubi

Hi

The Window mode was disabled in the demo and in the full version. At the moment I cant say if we ever get it.

Greetings
-kubi

Kubi ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 06-27-2006, 04:52   #7
Vaskal

Not sure if you take requests, but this gamer would certainly like to see a window mode, or at the very least the ability to access other programs while playing SpellForce 2.
Vaskal ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 06-27-2006, 08:56   #8
LennyLen
Resident Lenny

Benutzerbild von LennyLen

LennyLen eine Nachricht über MSN schicken
Zitat:
Zitat von Vaskal
or at the very least the ability to access other programs while playing SpellForce 2.
Does Alt-Tab not work for you?
Alt 06-27-2006, 15:08   #9
Vaskal

It wasn't working, but then I changed the resolution then changed it back, and now it works. That happened in another game I played, though I'd forgotten about it. Perhaps it's just something screwy with my computer. Ah well.
Vaskal ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 06-22-2008, 00:36   #10
ItzaMaish

Actually, it's possible to do this!

Thanks to the hints from these guys:

http://www.onrpg.com/ftopic11507.html

I'll preface that with saying that it's a little finnicky for Spellforce 2, though. With any non-standard resolution (i.e. if you modify the config.xml manually to use widescreen, etc.), you are likely to face a weird issue with the "hot button regions" of the game's interface being abnormally placed. For example, when you roll-over interface buttons, you may have to position the mouse slightly above where you normally would. This issue seems to be a "coordinates displacement" issue; the distance by which "the buttons are off kilter" seems to be related to the height of the frame in windowed mode.

That being said, if you are using a standard resolution that you selected from the drop-down menu within the game, this works pretty damn well!

Download 3D-Analyze v2.36 from ToMMTi Systems; it is an awesome tool:

http://www.tommti-systems.de/go.html...ien/files.html

Run 3D-Analyze and click the big "SELECT" button near the top-left of the application Window. Browse to your Spellforce 2 executable, which, by default, is located at:

C:\Program Files\Spellforce\Spellforce 2 Gold\spellforce2.exe

(of course, if you don't have SF2 GOLD, you would browse to the appropriate location instead)

Here's where the magic happens. In the "Performance" area of the 3D-Analyze options, tick-on "force windowed mode".

At this point, I'd recommend that you click "Save batch file!" at the bottom of the interface, which will allow you to launch Spellforce 2 in windowed mode without having to go through this process each time.

Final points of note: 1) the game will run a lot slower in windowed mode on the average system, 2) you may experience weird gamma issues (which can be corrected, either in your graphics driver software, or the game settings), 3) there is a weird problem with the keyboard ceasing to work in Spellforce 2. The only way to fix this seems to be to quit-out of the game. Unfortunately, the issue also seems to be related to "alt-tabbing". Windows key + R will also free up any "mouse lock" you experience.

Report back with success/failure rates...
ItzaMaish ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 07-27-2013, 05:23   #11
Nirran

Benutzerbild von Nirran

I found this :

Spellforce 2 Windowed.zip

No idea who the author is,works tho
Nirran ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 05-17-2016, 02:16   #12
Richardcuh

Windowed mode

For me adding "-windowed" to the shortcut does not work. I have a laptop with Vista. But Im used to playing it full screen. On my desk puter with XP I manage to get it on Windowed mode.
Richardcuh ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 05-17-2016, 10:46   #13
Xylia

Benutzerbild von Xylia

For window mode see: http://forum.spellforce.com/showpost...05&postcount=6
Xylia ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 05-17-2016, 15:15   #14
Sam Hotte
Super Moderator

Zitat:
Zitat von Xylia Beitrag anzeigen
Unfortunately, there is no config.lua for SF 2, so that this link applies to SF1 only.

There are switches for windowed in config.xml for FiD and DotP; but I'm unsure if this works for SW/DS, too.

Themen-Optionen