The Spellforce Lore Thread - SpellForce - Official Board

News:
08-17-2017, 15:02: SpellForce 3 OUT NOW! + Alle Trailer | Update: Alle Patchinfos
01-17-2017, 20:52: alte Forenlinks "reparieren"
07-04-2012, 21:36: SpellForce-Datenbank ist wieder da - Ein WiKi soll entstehen
08-30-2009, 20:03: Patchübersicht

Herzlich Willkommen im offiziellen SpellForce Forum!

Du betrachtest das Forum zur Zeit als Gast, was deine Zugriffsrechte bei Diskussionen und anderen Dingen enorm einschränkt. Wenn du dich hier registrierst, was natürlich völlig kostenlos ist, dann wirst du Beiträge und Themen erstellen, Private Konversationen mit anderen Mitgliedern führen, bei Umfragen abstimmen, Inhalte uploaden und vielen andere Dinge können. Die Anmeldung geht schnell von Statten, ist enorm einfach und kostenlos, daher würden wir dich ersuchen, dich zu registrieren!

Falls es Probleme mit der Anmeldung oder dem Zugriff auf einen Account gibt, stehen wir dir gerne über die Kontaktseite mit Rat und Tat zur Verfügung.

SpellForce Newsletter
Gib deine E-Mail Adresse in das Feld ein, um immer über die letzten Neuigkeiten zu SpellForce informiert zu werden

Zurück   SpellForce - Official Board > SpellForce - English Forum > SpellForce 2 - Shadow Wars > Shadow Wars - General Discussion
Registrieren Hilfe Benutzerliste Kalender Suchen Heutige Beiträge Alle Foren als gelesen markieren

Shadow Wars - General Discussion Discuss here all general things that belong to SpellForce 2

Thema geschlossen

Themen-Optionen
Alt 01-16-2006, 20:25   #1
Egalmoth

Benutzerbild von Egalmoth

The Spellforce Lore Thread

Hello to all Spellforce fans.

In every good fantasy or sci-fi themed RPG or RTS forum there is a popular thread about the ingame lore. The Warcraft thing has it, the Age of Wonders thing has it, anyway pretty much every self respecting strategy and it's kinda sad that the Spellforce fans (at least non-german speaking ones) don't discuss the Spellforce lore that much, and the fact that Spellforce has a rich, detailed, complex and I would even dare to say philosophic mythology, cosmogony, race relations, geography makes it even more desirable to have such a topic.
I (and not only I) would be glad if the fans would discuss the history,the tales and details of Eo. It would be really cool and plus would prepare us to the upcoming SF2 - letting us to feel its mood and atmosphere even more

P.S. If this thread becomes popular, I'm pretty sure we will attract Mortannon to post here - and he is not a mere chap, I want to tell you. He is the creator of Eo and one of the main guys in Phenomenic, leading the whole art direction there He used to post on forum two years ago...
Egalmoth ist offline  
Alt 01-16-2006, 21:02   #2
Kubi
Resurrected

Benutzerbild von Kubi

Hi

Well, I think thats a good idea. So start something and I am sure that some users will follow your call .

Btw: Mortannon is not the Art Director. He is just the story writer and the mastermind of Eo. Besides that he was Lead Level Designer of SpellForce 1. He used to watch the forum very clearly and he has more than 500 posts (mostly in the german forum but if something concerns him here he will also post - at least when I give him a hint ). Oh and the companies name is Phenomic .

Greetings
-kubi

Kubi ist offline  
Alt 01-16-2006, 21:51   #3
lord Tyrondus
The Troubled One

Benutzerbild von lord Tyrondus

RPG Character: Tarren Cergan
lord Tyrondus eine Nachricht über MSN schicken
the main problem is theres not much lore released (yet). All we know is of the stories on the ood site, what is told ingame and the tiny bits in the manuals.
What would really be useful is a detailed timeline, like the world of warcraft has for azeroth.
Or a detailed description of how the forming and breaking of the circle and convocation wars went (the greatest event we dont know nothing about in the the world).

(kubi, thats a hint, go and give a hint now )

http://www.idealing.blogspot.com
lord Tyrondus ist offline  
Alt 01-16-2006, 22:22   #4
Egalmoth

yes, Kubi, do it for us! summon the mighty worldsmith back to English-speaking part of this realm

Before that, let's find a topic to discuss. I suggest to begin with such an enigmatic so little known, yet very important as I understan conflict as the War of the Six Races, mentioned so many times in online stories and games themselves, but it was never really explained what it was about. All we know is that in this war the dark gods were defeated and were exiled from Eo. I must also admit that I never really passed BoW untill the end , so there might be other info in later maps that I never aquired.

but anyway, this is more complicated matter. let's start from the simple thing - the convocation war. We never really had the names of all circle mages. Rohen Tahir (that was his surname, right?), Hokan Ashir, Isegrimm, Ianna, Uram the Red... I don't remember if there were any others.

Zitat:
Oh and the companies name is Phenomic
maybe, but I call it Phenomenic I don't know really why

Geändert von Egalmoth (01-16-2006 um 22:30 Uhr).
Egalmoth ist offline  
Alt 01-17-2006, 05:25   #5
atomic gopher
Fireshade Mage

Benutzerbild von atomic gopher

RPG Character: Feranimstilles
Sounds pretty cool. I would like to keep up with this.
Alt 01-17-2006, 09:22   #6
Travahar
Ice Wolf

Benutzerbild von Travahar

RPG Character: Equanox
Zitat:
Zitat von lord Tyrondus
What would really be useful is a detailed timeline, like the world of warcraft has for azeroth.
And what are we supposed to do with the timeline that we started constructing in the RPG-forum?

At the end of SotP you'll battle them all (or at least their ghosts) so we do get all the names. They are around here somewhere ... got them!

Yria, nature
Silverhand, Mirror master (enchantement)
Raith Skaddar the Dark (malédiction)
Flute player, life
Ianna, defensive
Isgrimm the forgeron (bénédictions)
Undergast the weaver, terre
Gor le polymorphe (enchantement)
Shar from the islands (offensive)
Zahaar the Snake, death
Hokan, necromance
Uram, fire
Rohen, ice

There you go, I translated their titles from french (couldn't find an english list) so there names might be a tiny bit different
Alt 01-17-2006, 10:22   #7
Egalmoth

very well then, thank you very much , Travahar

then, I have another question. About Xu it is mainly. We know there are humans inhabiting in Xu. There are Empyrian humans and there are the Hazim and the Kathai. The SotD unit description sais that the Hazim and the Kathai are the original inhabitants of this land and don't have a common ancestry with the Empyrians, who seem to be akin to the Fiaran humans. Does that mean that the Hazim and the Kathai aren't humans at all?
and generally, let's talk about the continent of Xu in general - the significance and geography of this land in Eo
Egalmoth ist offline  
Alt 01-17-2006, 10:35   #8
Travahar
Ice Wolf

Well in the end we all originate from three women and a dude (lucky man that guy ) but I think that here they mean that for some reason a group of humans ended up in the desert and lived isolated for a long time. Eventually they became the Kathai and Hazim and when their numbers increased they needed a larger territory and that's when they met the Empyrian humans again (I guess a century or five must have passed since they entered the desert then "met" the Empyrials again)
They are one race, all humans IMO, but their life-style and habits are different (much like the english and dutch people are both human but still completely different )
Empyrians are more mind/white magic orientated (more or less like most humans in Fiara) while the Hazim and Kathai became more practised in fire magic.
Alt 01-17-2006, 10:43   #9
Egalmoth

apparently, in the world of Spellforce not all humans are considered to be ''humans''. In SF2, for example, we have the barbarians in the clans faction, while the humans of the realm are called ''humans'' only.
Maybe the situation is the same for the Hazim and Kathai?
Egalmoth ist offline  
Alt 01-17-2006, 10:49   #10
Travahar
Ice Wolf

I think they still are one race but humans tend to be more develloped (sofisticated magic, range attack, ...) while the barbarians are more sword fighters. In due time they might become separate races but for the moment I think that every human would quickly adopt himself when living among barbarians (and vice verse)
Alt 01-17-2006, 13:06   #11
Egalmoth

Zitat:
Well in the end we all originate from three women and a dude (lucky man that guy
heh, that means we are relatives at some point

Zitat:
think they still are one race but humans tend to be more develloped
But I also suppose that the Barbarians, who fight alongside the Orcs and Trolls in the Clans faction, in fact should be worshipping Zarach. That justifies their unity with the Zarach's creations, otherwise it would be hard for one group of humans fight another humans.
I also somehow observed that the factions of SF2 are not very solid. I mean we have these Zarach's cretions - Orcs and Trolls + barbarian humans. We also have Dark Elves with the enslaved gargoyles and allied Shadows and the alliance with the Shadows is pretty fragile.
I think that the plotline of Spellforce 2 will lead us to scattering of these alliances - so we're gonna have good old pure six races (not factions) in the add-on rather than these ''story-driven warcraftesque alliances''
Egalmoth ist offline  
Alt 01-17-2006, 14:39   #12
Travahar
Ice Wolf

Maybe and Phenomic are just keeping all options open. If all the users on this forum would want the "good, old six races" back (I'm not yet amongst them btw) they'll do us a favour, I guess...

I haven't thought about who the barbarians would be worshipping.... I think we'll learn when Jowood releases more info on them.

Sure we're all relatives in a way, and we're related with primates as wel and the little furry rabits and ... which brings us to the first stage of evolution the microbs!
Alt 01-17-2006, 14:55   #13
Egalmoth

Zitat:
I'm not yet amongst them btw
I'll pray to Aonir for your soul or become a mentalist and learn changing people's minds to make you one of us

Zitat:
they'll do us a favour, I guess
I'll cross my fingers on...

Zitat:
I think we'll learn when Jowood releases more info on them.
Generally, I see that Jowood cares less about showcasing the story this time. When Spellforce 1 was coming, they were posting very interesting in-game stories on website that helped so much gasping the game's atmosphere... this time we have only three short entries ''story''. ''world afer the rune'' and ''The Shaikan'' and these small entries are pretty much uninformative, I must admit!
Egalmoth ist offline  
Alt 01-17-2006, 15:37   #14
primetide

Oh, it is not for want of caring. We simply do not have enough time to do this. SF2 has us all pretty much tied up, I am afraid...
but let me see what I can do....
Alt 01-17-2006, 15:46   #15
Travahar
Ice Wolf

Hey if you don't have time to do that (Aonir bless you! I hope this means you're all busy working on SF2) you can always tell me everything and then I'll make the stories up (well, maybe not now right away ... how about in four weeks )

@ Egalmoth: Any other questions about the SF lore?
Alt 01-17-2006, 16:34   #16
Egalmoth

Zitat:
Oh, it is not for want of caring. We simply do not have enough time to do this. SF2 has us all pretty much tied up, I am afraid...
but let me see what I can do....
If this comment was concerning the amount of info about the ingame story, than it's okay, primetide, believe me, there's no need to bother about that Spellforce has a deep background anyway, so nothing's gonna be ruined by the abscence of a detailed account yet...
But if this is about the ''bring back the races'' dilemma, than I think we're not talking about SF2 which is gonna be released in Spring, but rather it's a wishlist for an add-on and I guess there's a plenty of time before that...
Anyway, I really want to try with the ''Realm/Clans/Pact'' factions-system, it sounds interesting and probably it's really good at some point, but for me (and I'm pretty sure not only me) Spellforce 1 was one of those few fantasy strategy games, which have races instead of factions. This kinda gives another kind of depth and charm to a game.
anyway, we were discussing lore so let's get back to topic
So, let's expand about the humans. How many nations do we know they have? Nortander, Highmark, Empyria... anything else?
Egalmoth ist offline  
Alt 01-17-2006, 19:52   #17
Kubi
Resurrected

Benutzerbild von Kubi

Hi folks,

I just wanted to tell you something about Xu:
Xu is the largest continent and is located south of Fiara. It has a vast desert land and in the south a deep jungle.
It has not much to do with the politic events in Fiara and Urgath but in Xu there are the most dangerous secrets of Eo. Its mostly unexplored because its a really dangerous place and no race really likes to be there.

Barbarians arent a own race. They are basically humans who didnt develop as fast as other human tribes and stayed in their barbaric state.

Greetings
-kubi

Kubi ist offline  
Alt 01-17-2006, 20:29   #18
Egalmoth

So, when do we say that Xu contains the most secrets in Eo, we also mean that it was in this continent where the dark gods first fled and created their races. Utrur also lived there, as I understand. In general it's the continent thas has much to do with cosmogony of Eo...
How I wish there was a good map of Eo. I know about these ''broken Isles'' and portals things , but I think the portals system was just introduced for technical reasons and Eo is somehow still a solid, united world, devastated by Convocation, but a world and not a few shattered pieces of mud. Later or sooner there's gonna be a map, I guess
Egalmoth ist offline  
Alt 01-17-2006, 20:58   #19
lord Tyrondus
The Troubled One

Benutzerbild von lord Tyrondus

RPG Character: Tarren Cergan
lord Tyrondus eine Nachricht über MSN schicken
I think what would be best is a pre convocation map (before the shattering and portals etc) and a post convocation map, which would be the same, but with large pieces of land replaced by water...

http://www.idealing.blogspot.com
lord Tyrondus ist offline  
Alt 01-17-2006, 21:19   #20
Spider Jerusalem

Benutzerbild von Spider Jerusalem

RPG Character: Wallace "Red" Filbi
The bare bones of a timeline thread can be found at:

http://spellforce.jowood.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=34880

There are some maps and country descriptions at:

http://spellforce.jowood.com/forum/f...splay.php?f=57

Additions, corrections and any more lore/background info is more than welcome, and I'll sign up to pull things together into a stickied thread as and when appropriate.

Themen-Optionen