Spellforce 3? - SpellForce - Official Board

News:
08-17-2017, 15:02: SpellForce 3 OUT NOW! + Alle Trailer | Update: Alle Patchinfos
01-17-2017, 20:52: alte Forenlinks "reparieren"
07-04-2012, 21:36: SpellForce-Datenbank ist wieder da - Ein WiKi soll entstehen
08-30-2009, 20:03: Patchübersicht

Herzlich Willkommen im offiziellen SpellForce Forum!

Du betrachtest das Forum zur Zeit als Gast, was deine Zugriffsrechte bei Diskussionen und anderen Dingen enorm einschränkt. Wenn du dich hier registrierst, was natürlich völlig kostenlos ist, dann wirst du Beiträge und Themen erstellen, Private Konversationen mit anderen Mitgliedern führen, bei Umfragen abstimmen, Inhalte uploaden und vielen andere Dinge können. Die Anmeldung geht schnell von Statten, ist enorm einfach und kostenlos, daher würden wir dich ersuchen, dich zu registrieren!

Falls es Probleme mit der Anmeldung oder dem Zugriff auf einen Account gibt, stehen wir dir gerne über die Kontaktseite mit Rat und Tat zur Verfügung.

SpellForce Newsletter
Gib deine E-Mail Adresse in das Feld ein, um immer über die letzten Neuigkeiten zu SpellForce informiert zu werden

Zurück   SpellForce - Official Board > SpellForce - English Forum > SpellForce 2 - Shadow Wars > Shadow Wars - General Discussion
Registrieren Hilfe Benutzerliste Kalender Suchen Heutige Beiträge Alle Foren als gelesen markieren

Shadow Wars - General Discussion Discuss here all general things that belong to SpellForce 2

Thema geschlossen

Themen-Optionen
Alt 01-18-2008, 18:17   #1
beretta

Benutzerbild von beretta

Spellforce 3?

I can see how only making two games should be good enough BUT gothic had 3 games and a 4th coming.

So what do you guys think? Spellforce 3?
beretta ist offline  
Alt 01-18-2008, 18:28   #2
Free Flinker
Moderator a.d.

Benutzerbild von Free Flinker

If Phenomic hadn't been bought by EA then perhaps there would already be a SF3 in the works. Who knows because they were bought by EA so JoWood will need to find a new developer if they want to continue producing this game.

As of right now we don't know what plans they have but I'm sure that letting them know there is a demand for SF3 will go some way to helping them come to a decision

Please note that game related questions should be asked via forum posting, not PMs. Thanks
Free Flinker ist offline  
Alt 01-19-2008, 00:43   #3
beretta

Benutzerbild von beretta

If they do create a SF3 i want the Rune warriors to return. perhaps someone finds the rune stone of the warrior from SF1?
beretta ist offline  
Alt 01-19-2008, 00:59   #4
Rhapthorne

I agreed but i don't want the monuments to be the only buildings that can create units...
Rhapthorne ist offline  
Alt 01-19-2008, 01:37   #5
beretta

Benutzerbild von beretta

Perhaps a normal train at a barrecks system and only Rune heroes to be create at monuments.Maybe this time we can ask the orcs permission before creating them for good deeds :P. Without stealing a Runestone and forceing them.

Anybody think the rune heroe was abit of a hippacret i mean, He gets to stay in the normal world of his own will not of anothers BUT he goes and spawns other rune heroes for his bidding,Why not let them have there rune stones aswell?
beretta ist offline  
Alt 01-19-2008, 12:41   #6
Naze the Et3rn@l

Benutzerbild von Naze the Et3rn@l

I absolutely agree with the reactions above. And I want one more thing to return - Cenwen and the ice elves. They were a special race that no other game has had.
I know, this would fit into the "new races" discussion, but what about the ice elven faction with some Russian - japanese culture. It would be something new not only in Spellforce, but in whole fantasy-games-universe.
Naze the Et3rn@l ist offline  
Alt 01-19-2008, 15:18   #7
beretta

Benutzerbild von beretta

Votes for a Spellforce 3?
beretta ist offline  
Alt 01-19-2008, 15:40   #8
am shaegar

Benutzerbild von am shaegar

Zitat:
Zitat von Free Flinker Beitrag anzeigen
If Phenomic hadn't been bought by EA then perhaps there would already be a SF3 in the works. Who knows because they were bought by EA so JoWood will need to find a new developer if they want to continue producing this game.

As of right now we don't know what plans they have but I'm sure that letting them know there is a demand for SF3 will go some way to helping them come to a decision
About the next developer for SF3 i think the best one it is CDProjekt,the creators of The Witcher.At least for the rpg part.
am shaegar ist offline  
Alt 01-20-2008, 18:21   #9
Naze the Et3rn@l

Yes, I agree, but then there´s the problem, that Spellforce could become too RPG-like, if you know, what I want to say. It would be better, if there were two developers, one for the RPG part and one for RTS.
Alt 01-20-2008, 18:35   #10
Rhapthorne

Naze, I agreed, but there isn't a developer for both types???

If there be a SF 3 I like to be created more faction and new SUPER COOL units like...Eagle with mens (or womans, whatever) shooting arrows...:P or...a arrow "salvo" shooting dragon Plz, post here some ideas for cool units Just imagine...Factions too :P

About the developers maybe Naze is right and it should be one to the two parts, one for RTS and RPG, coz the game is created more quickly

/merged: Please edit your posts within the edittime to avoid double- or trippleposts. - Aeos
Rhapthorne ist offline  
Alt 01-20-2008, 18:59   #11
Free Flinker
Moderator a.d.

Just a quick note with my moderator hat on - edit is your friend Please use it when it's available (within 30 mins of submitting a post), instead of making multiple posts. Thanks.

Please note that game related questions should be asked via forum posting, not PMs. Thanks
Free Flinker ist offline  
Alt 01-21-2008, 19:52   #12
beretta

Benutzerbild von beretta

I think SF would be better if there was WALLS, not only towers...

JoWood is the company with SF rights, right???

Ooo Moderator hat .

I think there should be some extra races to play.Not just human.

/merged: Please edit your posts within the edittime to avoid double- or trippleposts. - Aeos
beretta ist offline  
Alt 01-21-2008, 21:55   #13
Aeos
Narr

Benutzerbild von Aeos

Zitat:
Zitat von beretta Beitrag anzeigen
Yes.

I've merged your trippleposts now, since you were not able to follow Free Flinkers hint for using the editfunction.
Dream - Sandman: Season of Mists
Aeos ist offline  
Alt 01-22-2008, 18:35   #14
Naze the Et3rn@l

Zitat:
Zitat von beretta Beitrag anzeigen
I think SF would be better if there was WALLS, not only towers...

Ooo Moderator hat .

I think there should be some extra races to play.Not just human.

I can not agree with you. Walls would absolutely change the game-style of Spellforce. Both SF´s were RPS based on action. You could built your base, but you had to train units quickly because the attack came.
The aim was to built, train, search and destroy as quickly as possible. If walls would be added to the game, it would make whole game much slower. And I can not really imagine, how slow the game would be in case of the giant maps, that Spellforce has.

And I agree with you about the heroes of other races. It would be really funny to play for a troll hero leading a norcaine base . Or playing for a shadow hero leading a human/elf base.

Geändert von Naze the Et3rn@l (01-22-2008 um 18:38 Uhr). Grund: I forgot to react on the last point of the quoted article.
Alt 05-16-2008, 16:36   #15
Naze the Et3rn@l

It´s more than 2 years from my last post, and I have a question:
Has anything changed about the "Spellforce 3-thing"? Are there any news?
JoWood is not posting any news about Spellforce on its page, except of the information about Spellforce Universe, which is also quite old. So I have to ask here: Is there any chance - at least a forlorn hope - that there will be another game based on SF?
Alt 05-16-2008, 16:51   #16
Free Flinker
Moderator a.d.

It's been less than 5 months since your last post here and the thread itself has only been here 4 days longer than that so I'm not sure why you think it's over 2 years old /shrug

If there were any news about another edition of SF then JoWood would say so. No news is not necessarily bad news but there's really little point to asking over and over because everyone will be notified if there is anything to tell

Free Flinker ist offline  
Alt 05-16-2008, 16:54   #17
goron
Oberster Ork-Anführer

Benutzerbild von goron

It doesnt look like there will come a new Spellforce, but Phenomic is developing a new game:battleforge. If you want to know more about it just ues google.
Alt 05-16-2008, 16:57   #18
Free Flinker
Moderator a.d.

No doubt the reason SF2 players never got a patch from them but quite off topic info since PHE have nothing more to do with SF and this is not the OT forum where discussing other games is applicable.

Free Flinker ist offline  
Alt 05-16-2008, 18:15   #19
lolface

Maybe it's time to start thinking outside the box, in terms of the actuall genre and the gameplay it delivers. each new version is the same old thing, when really it should be evolving into something totally fresh, while still focusing on the aspects that have drawn SF players to the game in past versions.

Game developers can have the biggest team, all the funding they need, but without Creativity it counts for nought, so what are we looking at here RPG/RTS, a good mix but not as dynamic as it could be.

There are some wild idea's being thrown about for game development these days and most of those are seen as a liability, this results in games being restricted to the same old gameplay without anything totally revolutionary, however there are a minority of people who have delivered something totally unique and all it took was one idea, let's mix a tablespoon of this with a tablespoon of that and bring something totally original to the party, game elements that cater for player A,B and C such an example would be Mount&Blade they have done something extroadinary by mixing up game genre's that you have never seen before, they incorporate RPG/RTS/FIRST PERSON battle system, with comprehensive character building, companion building, open ended and infinitively playable. this game is still in Beta, but is really taking off with the increasing support from the community and media exposure. what is so interesting is that this game was produced by Two people with a fresh and unique adaptation of multiple genre's, and it works.

How many times have you sat there playing a game, thinking yeah this is pretty cool, BUT man would it rock if i could interact with this or have control over that, or simply this would be awesome if...if....IF !!

I think the Devs need to sit down and take into perspective What exactly do players like about the Spellforce series-what should we enhance and what should we leave alone- What could we possibly add to make this game more appealing to a larger audience.

Some gamers such as myself, Love character building and that element alone can draw my attention to a game, but if the implimentation of this is poor, it's like saying [ here you have this sweet honey, but with it comes the poison] - the fact is everyone has different preferences as to what they want out of a game, but if your playing a game of this particular genre, you would have certain expectations of the type of gameplay it delivers.
But if you are going to impliment these elements into the game, you should do it properly, this was evident in SF1, as many people have said they liked it better, and why >? More attention was focused on the player and gave them a more enhanced roleplaying-character building experience, although this is only one area for improvement it is also a very good place to start.

If there is to be a Spellforce 3, i think a new game engine is a must, one that allows for both expansion and versatility, from my time playing SF, the progression into something bigger and better is stagnant and only hope it will find it's way to the next level, while maintaining it's current direction.
lolface ist offline  
Alt 05-16-2008, 19:31   #20
Free Flinker
Moderator a.d.

Zitat:
Maybe it's time to start thinking outside the box, in terms of the actuall genre and the gameplay it delivers. each new version is the same old thing, when really it should be evolving into something totally fresh, while still focusing on the aspects that have drawn SF players to the game in past versions.
I'm all for thinking outside the box but there are a couple of problems with it.

Firstly, it's a gamble. You can't give players anything new without some risk they won't like it or it won't attract anyone new to it. One wrong word here and there and it puts many off who otherwise might have tried it too so there is some measure of cascade effect, though who can say how much. I do know I've seen players be put off games for the slightest of reasons, even misunderstandings over intent and more still scream blue murder if the game doesn't do what they thought it would...

Secondly, it's a gamble. If you can't deliver innovative gameplay that works as expected or it takes too long to make it work just so then you lose support. Everything is vapourware until it's sat in a box on a store shelf waiting to be bought. Even if you don't believe the preceding sentence then rest assured there are many who do. The game you mentioned, for example, never heard of it and yet I'd be willing to bet hard cash that it'll have it's detractors amoung those who are currently wide-eyed and bushy-tailed in eager expectation of it.

Thirdly, it costs money and time to develop something from scratch, especially if it is completely new and 'refreshing'. If you don't build from scratch it's either not new or potentially prone to problems as that engine get's stretched.

Zitat:
Game developers can have the biggest team, all the funding they need, but without Creativity it counts for nought, so what are we looking at here RPG/RTS, a good mix but not as dynamic as it could be.
I'm not sure how much more creative or dynamic SF could be considering how many other RPG/RTS games there were 5 years ago or even existing today. What could it be more creative or dynamic than, except for itself? It's a little difficult to be more dynamic than something that didn't exist when it was made so you can only comment retrospectively, after having played SF. They didn't stumble at the creativity hurdle though, far from it, so you can't use hindsight to raise the bar and then claim it doesn't measure up. That's simply not a fair observation.

Zitat:
I think the Devs need to sit down and take into perspective What exactly do players like about the Spellforce series-what should we enhance and what should we leave alone- What could we possibly add to make this game more appealing to a larger audience.
That's the problem right now, there has to be a developer first.

Zitat:
Some gamers such as myself, Love character building and that element alone can draw my attention to a game, but if the implimentation of this is poor, it's like saying [ here you have this sweet honey, but with it comes the poison] - the fact is everyone has different preferences as to what they want out of a game, but if your playing a game of this particular genre, you would have certain expectations of the type of gameplay it delivers.
SF is primarily an RTS game with some RPG elements thrown in to make it a more involved and involving game. Estimates by the developers themselves claim it about 75/25 respectively. I'm not sure what you can reasonably expect in terms of character development from that but ultimately you get what you get. It's then up to a player to buy or not buy, play once or play it over.

Zitat:
But if you are going to impliment these elements into the game, you should do it properly, this was evident in SF1, as many people have said they liked it better, and why >? More attention was focused on the player and gave them a more enhanced roleplaying-character building experience, although this is only one area for improvement it is also a very good place to start.
Where is the evidence more people liked SF1 better? You can't count comments on these forums because even if by some quirk they were fully representative of the player base, we can't possibly know that. Then, where is the evidence that anyone who did prefer it did so because they liked the character development? I prefer it but it has little to do with character development and much to do with being a game that hooked me and then I burned out on to some extent as SF2 hit the shelves.

SF2 made the game more accessible to new players with the revamp of the character development system, and it's details, while less convoluted (and in many instances less redundant) than SF1, are no less rewarding in the characters you can build if you take them in isolation. It's simply not what SF1 players were used to. Give or take the odd bit of highly subjective homogenisation, it effectively took away the mystery of self-nerfed SF1 character choices by making it so you couldn't totally screw up by accident.

The point being that accessibility and creativity do not necessarily compliment one another. Giving players what they want can make the game less accessible to others (a complaint myself and others have answered quite recently in fact). Making the game more accessible to others can often mean players don't get what they want (as evidenced by the outcry regarding character development in SF2, though to be fair to the devs no one naysayed on the suggestions when they were made, at a time when something could have been done about it).

Zitat:
If there is to be a Spellforce 3, i think a new game engine is a must, one that allows for both expansion and versatility, from my time playing SF, the progression into something bigger and better is stagnant and only hope it will find it's way to the next level, while maintaining it's current direction
I think you're right, especially when I believe Phenomic built the SF2 engine so would, in effect, own it. Still, you are making a pretty tall order when you consider how many developers would be willing or even able to start a game from scratch? SF has an existing fanbase too so there will be a lot of expectations to live up to as well. A daunting prospect don't you think? Hopefully someone will step up to the challenge but I somehow doubt it is as easy as you imply.

PS I'm considering if this conversation wouldn't be more suitable in the suggestions forum so if you find this bit of the thread missing in future, check there because I may have cause to split and move it, depending on the turn it takes from here.

Free Flinker ist offline  
Thema geschlossen

Themen-Optionen