Couple of quick questions - SpellForce - Official Board

News:
08-17-2017, 15:02: SpellForce 3 OUT NOW! + Alle Trailer | Update: Alle Patchinfos
01-17-2017, 20:52: alte Forenlinks "reparieren"
07-04-2012, 21:36: SpellForce-Datenbank ist wieder da - Ein WiKi soll entstehen
08-30-2009, 20:03: Patchübersicht

Herzlich Willkommen im offiziellen SpellForce Forum!

Du betrachtest das Forum zur Zeit als Gast, was deine Zugriffsrechte bei Diskussionen und anderen Dingen enorm einschränkt. Wenn du dich hier registrierst, was natürlich völlig kostenlos ist, dann wirst du Beiträge und Themen erstellen, Private Konversationen mit anderen Mitgliedern führen, bei Umfragen abstimmen, Inhalte uploaden und vielen andere Dinge können. Die Anmeldung geht schnell von Statten, ist enorm einfach und kostenlos, daher würden wir dich ersuchen, dich zu registrieren!

Falls es Probleme mit der Anmeldung oder dem Zugriff auf einen Account gibt, stehen wir dir gerne über die Kontaktseite mit Rat und Tat zur Verfügung.

SpellForce Newsletter
Gib deine E-Mail Adresse in das Feld ein, um immer über die letzten Neuigkeiten zu SpellForce informiert zu werden

Zurück   SpellForce - Official Board > SpellForce - English Forum > SpellForce 2 - Shadow Wars > Shadow Wars - General Discussion
Registrieren Hilfe Benutzerliste Kalender Suchen Heutige Beiträge Alle Foren als gelesen markieren

Shadow Wars - General Discussion Discuss here all general things that belong to SpellForce 2

Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Alt 01-09-2014, 21:10   #1
Fluffykeith

Couple of quick questions

Hi,

So I came back to Spellforce since I picked up a copy from Steam, and its nice to see that the forums here are still (kinda) active.

I've got a few quick questions, please.

1) I've noticed a few comments that seem to suggest that the story from SP2 "sort of" follows on or builds on the plot from SP1, although the characters are different...Is it necessary to play the first game through to get the most out of the second game?

2) I've been trying to find comparison/discussion about the SP2 spells, but my search fu seems a little weak, and I can't find a SP2 wiki. Does anyone know where I can find something like that, please?

Thanks
Fluffykeith ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 01-09-2014, 22:17   #2
Lornik
Super Moderator
Graue Eminenz
Fiara-Brigade

Benutzerbild von Lornik

RPG Character: Brahir
@1: The story is loosely based on the predecessor. It helps to understand several hints (like the heromonument at the beginning, the Shadow-Warrior or the Flink McWinter-joke in Gate of Swords) but it isn't necessary as Shadow Wars tells a story of its own and the Shaikan are completely new to the SF-universe, so you start from scratch.

@2: I'm not quite sure, what you're searching for. A list of all the spells of SF2? Or a comparison? What more than the tooltips if you hover over the spells in the skill-tree do you need?

So long

Lornik

Wilhelm Busch
Lornik ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 01-09-2014, 23:26   #3
Fluffykeith

Thanks for your response. I think I might go back and play SP1 anyway, its a loooong time since I played it, so will be fun to revisit it.

As regards the SP2 spells, what I'm looking for is some indication of peoples experiences with them, how they function and so on...I mean, like the tooltip in demonology says that it allows you to summon a demon, but gives no info on the demon itself, so I've no idea how useful the spell is. Similar for Necromancy...summoning skeletons sounds fun, but are they much use? That's the sort of thing I'm looking for, I guess. Just something to help me make up my mind what spells I'd like to aim for.
Fluffykeith ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 01-10-2014, 01:04   #4
Sam Hotte
Super Moderator

Problem is that nobody really can say if a given spell fits your style of playing or if you'd better invested the skill point(s) in something else ...
Basically, there is a use for every skill/spell, but no skill/spell is imperative to beat the game or certain situation. It's close to impossible (IMVHO) to mis-skill to an extent that renders you unable to beat the game / a certain situation at all.

As for Demonology and Necromancy in particular: They are useful as they temporarily create additional melee units, which absorb and deal additionally damage and are not limited by general limit of sustainable units or such.
But don't expect to summon uber-creatures with the spells; they just add something like a tier 1 to 3 melee unit; the game is quite balanced in this regard.

Themen-Optionen