General discussion and questions! - Seite 19 - SpellForce - Official Board

News:
08-17-2017, 15:02: SpellForce 3 Collectors Edition + Cinematic Trailer
05-18-2017, 15:52: SF3 Beta startet am 19.5. - Alle Informationen + Updates
01-17-2017, 20:52: alte Forenlinks "reparieren"
08-10-2015, 14:07: [Sammelthread] SpellForce 3 - Alle Infos / Release 07.12.2017
07-04-2012, 21:36: SpellForce-Datenbank ist wieder da - Ein WiKi soll entstehen
08-30-2009, 20:03: Patchübersicht

Herzlich Willkommen im offiziellen SpellForce Forum!

Du betrachtest das Forum zur Zeit als Gast, was deine Zugriffsrechte bei Diskussionen und anderen Dingen enorm einschränkt. Wenn du dich hier registrierst, was natürlich völlig kostenlos ist, dann wirst du Beiträge und Themen erstellen, Private Konversationen mit anderen Mitgliedern führen, bei Umfragen abstimmen, Inhalte uploaden und vielen andere Dinge können. Die Anmeldung geht schnell von Statten, ist enorm einfach und kostenlos, daher würden wir dich ersuchen, dich zu registrieren!

Falls es Probleme mit der Anmeldung oder dem Zugriff auf einen Account gibt, stehen wir dir gerne über die Kontaktseite mit Rat und Tat zur Verfügung.

SpellForce Newsletter
Gib deine E-Mail Adresse in das Feld ein, um immer über die letzten Neuigkeiten zu SpellForce informiert zu werden

Zurück   SpellForce - Official Board > SpellForce - English Forum > SpellForce 2 - Demons of the Past > Demons of the Past - General Discussion
Registrieren Hilfe Benutzerliste Kalender Suchen Heutige Beiträge Alle Foren als gelesen markieren

Demons of the Past - General Discussion Discuss here all general things that belong to the SpellForce 2 Addon Demons of the Past

Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Alt 05-02-2014, 19:42   #361
Syko
Best SF-Screenshot

Benutzerbild von Syko

Zitat:
Zitat von mano2 Beitrag anzeigen
Thank you!

I played as a heavy fighter now maybe next time I will be a mage.

Can I ask when will the game be complete? I mean I know that bugs are not fully foreseeable but I want to wait at least a version where all the quests and sidequests will be solvable!

Keep up the good work guys!

The patch should be available within the next one or two weeks and I guess there will be a changelog or patch notes so that you can check what has been fixed/changed.

Most sidequests should work fine after installing the patch and starting a new campaign.
Syko ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 05-03-2014, 00:52   #362
Psychoray

Will freegame be fixed? It's rather ridiculous that free game multiplayer still isn't playable, 3 months after buying the game.

How about the quest descriptions in free game? Will they finally be correct? (Such as 5 badges instead of 4.) Having to scour the forums for the 'correct' journal entries is just absolute crap.

I really love the Spellforce games, but the bad support and amount of (unfixed) bugs is really off-putting.
Psychoray ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 05-03-2014, 01:04   #363
mano2
Dedicated Spellforce Fan

Benutzerbild von mano2

Zitat:
Zitat von Psychoray Beitrag anzeigen
I really love the Spellforce games, but the bad support and amount of (unfixed) bugs is really off-putting.
I think the support isn't bad at all. Every time I visit the Forums I found the answer for my question and if not I ask and I always get an answer within days.

The problem is that there wasn't any successful part since The Shadow Of The Phoenix and many gamers left or forgot the game... the remaining few (us) needs to hold out until our favorite series rise again (SpellForce 3). We need to help / support each other and keep the Forums and the games alive.

I'm sure they'll fix a lot of bugs with the upcoming patch and also they will release future fixes to enhance the gaming experience!

Note: I will show your name in the credits section on my site so everything goes with your permission under your name!

mano2 ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 05-03-2014, 02:56   #364
Psychoray

Zitat:
Zitat von mano2 Beitrag anzeigen
I think the support isn't bad at all. Every time I visit the Forums I found the answer for my question and if not I ask and I always get an answer within days.

The problem is that there wasn't any successful part since The Shadow Of The Phoenix and many gamers left or forgot the game... the remaining few (us) needs to hold out until our favorite series rise again (SpellForce 3). We need to help / support each other and keep the Forums and the games alive.

I'm sure they'll fix a lot of bugs with the upcoming patch and also they will release future fixes to enhance the gaming experience!
Releasing a game with broken gamemodes and not fixing it for 3+ months IS pretty bad support.

You're sure they'll fix a lot of bugs in the upcoming patch? The patches for the previous expansions left in quite a load of bugs. For example: The fireforge map bug in free game mode has been in there for YEARS. Both the fid and dotp multiplayer forums have threads about this bug, but it's never been fixed.

How about balancing the game? The shaikan have been overpowered since the release of dragon storm, nothing's been done to fix that. The same thing happened for the nameless faction.

There's just an overall lack of quality and dedication to fixing the game. Everything gets done half assed. Take for example the widescreen support: there's lots of screen elements that are just getting stretched, there's been no effort to properly support widescreen it seems.

Even when the community does a lot of work to fix something, and the fix gets incorporated into the game (saves the devs a lot of time), the implementation still gets done badly. The freegame mode restoration project has been included in to the game, but the devs couldn't even be arsed to update the in game descriptions for a lot of quests. So now freegame mode is even more of a mess. You have to look up the correct quest requirements outside of the game, because a lot of the numbers im game are simply wrong, that's really bad.

The upcoming patch will probably leave a lot of bugs unfixed, like the bugs I've noted in this post. Stuff like this makes me question why I keep buying these games. This'll probably be the last spellforce release that I've bought when it turns out the upcoming patch turns out lackluster.
Psychoray ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 05-03-2014, 07:22   #365
Rakun

Benutzerbild von Rakun

There's a lot of bugs to fix - mostly in single player, and some multiplayer ones.

Balancing would be good, although I doubt it's currently a priority. I didn't see many players play at the time, due to some bugs.

FiD has been fixed a bit as far as I know, so I do have hope that Nordic Games and Mind Over Matter can fix the DotP more.
Rakun ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 05-03-2014, 08:58   #366
C oNe
Super Moderator
Zarachs Flamme

Benutzerbild von C oNe

Zitat:
Will freegame be fixed? It's rather ridiculous that free game multiplayer still isn't playable, 3 months after buying the game.

How about the quest descriptions in free game? Will they finally be correct? (Such as 5 badges instead of 4.) Having to scour the forums for the 'correct' journal entries is just absolute crap.

As far as i know there will be no fixes/changes for the free game mode. Moreover some of these bugs aren't fixable, because of codeissues (Without Phenomic its almost impossible to fix such problems). The campaign and the multiplayer was set to high priority for the upcoming patch.

Geändert von C oNe (05-03-2014 um 09:47 Uhr).
C oNe ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 05-03-2014, 09:46   #367
Rakun

Benutzerbild von Rakun

Zitat:
Zitat von C oNe Beitrag anzeigen
As far as i know there will be no fixes/changes for the free game mode. Moreover i some of these bugs aren't fixable, because of codeissues (Without Phenomic its almost impossible to fix such problems). The campaign and the multiplayer was set to high priority for the upcoming patch.
Cool, still.

I do hope Spellforce 3 will have a lot less bugs. And also good cinematics, both CGI and in-game
Alt 05-03-2014, 09:48   #368
C oNe
Super Moderator
Zarachs Flamme

Benutzerbild von C oNe

Zitat:
Zitat von Rakun Beitrag anzeigen
Cool, still.

I do hope Spellforce 3 will have a lot less bugs. And also good cinematics, both CGI and in-game
I'm with you. I still love the cinematics of SpellForce. ♥
Alt 05-03-2014, 10:45   #369
Sam Hotte
Super Moderator

Zitat:
Releasing a game with broken gamemodes and not fixing it for 3+ months IS pretty bad support.
Mano was likely talking about user-2-user support here within the boards, which is not too bad, I'd say.

Zitat:
For example: The fireforge map bug in free game mode has been in there for YEARS. Both the fid and dotp multiplayer forums have threads about this bug, but it's never been fixed.
That's not a "real" bug as it does not happen on every machine nor in every game nor for everybody every time. So it's not only due to game code but also matter of hardware, drivers or whatever.
I'm not trying to excuse anything by saying this, just saying that this sort of bug is hard to hunt down especially if it's not your code and nobody of original coders is around to help with this.

Zitat:
How about balancing the game? The shaikan have been overpowered since the release of dragon storm, nothing's been done to fix that. The same thing happened for the nameless faction.
Balancing is IMHO no bug to fix; that's a "feature", developer's wilful decision to have it like this. Of course it's up to player/customer to like or dislike this.
(And up to devs to listen to community's feedback and tweak balancing if they wanted to; true)
Luckily, you can play without the factions you deem imba outside the campaigns.

Zitat:
Even when the community does a lot of work to fix something, and the fix gets incorporated into the game (saves the devs a lot of time), the implementation still gets done badly. The freegame mode restoration project has been included in to the game, but the devs couldn't even be arsed to update the in game descriptions for a lot of quests. So now freegame mode is even more of a mess. You have to look up the correct quest requirements outside of the game, because a lot of the numbers im game are simply wrong, that's really bad.
Hardly can argue this ...

Zitat:
The upcoming patch will probably leave a lot of bugs unfixed, like the bugs I've noted in this post.
Haven't seen official patch notes yet, but I'd say it'd be a fair guess assuming the patch will be mainly addressing single player campaign and technical issues, crashes and such.

But let's wait and see the patch before prejudicing things yet to come.
Sam Hotte ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 05-04-2014, 14:52   #370
mano2
Dedicated Spellforce Fan

Benutzerbild von mano2

Zitat:
Zitat von Sam Hotte Beitrag anzeigen
Mano was likely talking about user-2-user support here within the boards, which is not too bad, I'd say.
Yep. That's what I meant. To be honest I never had to turn to the official support so I don't know it's quality.

However I can agree with some points of Psychoray's opinion. For the first game (Order of Dawn) there was fixes, patches...etc. Also I never used Free Game or Multiplayer at all (I think the game is based on the Campaign/Story, I don't see the need of other game modes).

After JoWood went defunct everything went down. The game remained but I think SpellForce now is just "as is". We have a weird paradox here: The game isn't so popular because of the bugs and other unfinished features and because of that not so many people are buying the game. In the other hand because not so many people are buying it that's why the fixes and patches don't get so big attention.

I think there has to be a balanced way where the game gets up it's fame again and the users will get their required support level. I hope SpellForce 3 will be made for years at least to ensure that.

Oh and about the cinematics: In SpellForce 2 I think there was mainly animations and there were lack of cutscenes. In SpellForce 3 there would be good if the movie styled cinematics could return (like Order of Dawn, Breath of Winter, Shadow of the Phoenix intros and outros) with a lot more cutscenes!

Note: I will show your name in the credits section on my site so everything goes with your permission under your name!

mano2 ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 08-20-2014, 07:49   #371
GothicWarrior(Rus)

Benutzerbild von GothicWarrior(Rus)

Thank you very much to the developers for improved graphics! Good.
1680x1050! Spoiler:

for my monitor Acer v226HQL 21,5"

Geändert von GothicWarrior(Rus) (08-20-2014 um 07:56 Uhr).
GothicWarrior(Rus) ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 02-06-2015, 06:13   #372
MacdaddyD

I have shawdow wars.. There are so many SF games..lol

What are the actual expansions for shawdow wars?

I just bought Dragon storm

Demons of the past is also tied to Shawdow wars as well? Are there any others I'm missing.

any clarification of this would be awesome if possible thanks
MacdaddyD ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 02-06-2015, 13:28   #373
Rakun

Benutzerbild von Rakun

No, Faith in Destiny and Demons of the Past are stand-alone games, which means you don't need Shadow Wars/Dragon Storm or any other Spellforce 2 game installed prior to installing them.

They aren't as good, but good to have and finish them.
Alt 04-29-2015, 10:29   #374
addseo1118

Hi

I am just here. It seems nice forum. I hope to enjoy here more. Nice to see you.
addseo1118 ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Antwort

Themen-Optionen