General discussion and questions! - SpellForce - Official Board

News:
08-17-2017, 14:02: SpellForce 3 Collectors Edition + Cinematic Trailer
05-18-2017, 14:52: SF3 Beta startet am 19.5. - Alle Informationen + Updates
01-17-2017, 19:52: alte Forenlinks "reparieren"
08-10-2015, 13:07: [Sammelthread] SpellForce 3 - Alle Infos / Release 07.12.2017
07-04-2012, 20:36: SpellForce-Datenbank ist wieder da - Ein WiKi soll entstehen
08-30-2009, 19:03: Patchübersicht

Herzlich Willkommen im offiziellen SpellForce Forum!

Du betrachtest das Forum zur Zeit als Gast, was deine Zugriffsrechte bei Diskussionen und anderen Dingen enorm einschränkt. Wenn du dich hier registrierst, was natürlich völlig kostenlos ist, dann wirst du Beiträge und Themen erstellen, Private Konversationen mit anderen Mitgliedern führen, bei Umfragen abstimmen, Inhalte uploaden und vielen andere Dinge können. Die Anmeldung geht schnell von Statten, ist enorm einfach und kostenlos, daher würden wir dich ersuchen, dich zu registrieren!

Falls es Probleme mit der Anmeldung oder dem Zugriff auf einen Account gibt, stehen wir dir gerne über die Kontaktseite mit Rat und Tat zur Verfügung.

SpellForce Newsletter
Gib deine E-Mail Adresse in das Feld ein, um immer über die letzten Neuigkeiten zu SpellForce informiert zu werden

Zurück   SpellForce - Official Board > SpellForce - English Forum > SpellForce 2 - Demons of the Past > Demons of the Past - General Discussion
Registrieren Hilfe Benutzerliste Kalender Suchen Heutige Beiträge Alle Foren als gelesen markieren

Demons of the Past - General Discussion Discuss here all general things that belong to the SpellForce 2 Addon Demons of the Past

Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Alt 06-19-2013, 19:11   #1
Rakun

Benutzerbild von Rakun

General discussion and questions!

(Disclaimer: I know I probably shouldn't post this yet as I'm sure you'll post more information, but I will anyway and be the annoying customer! :P )

The news are great and really cool. But! I still have questions, and I'm sure others do as well.

1.) I've read in the news & announcements that there will probably be no new race. This fine for me, but at the same time - why not? Would it be possible to create the undead race (if it made sense, of course) from the NPC undead race? (for example the one from Shadow Wars, that was already in back then.)

But if a long new campaign that is as good as Dragon Storm or better comes out without a new race, I'm fine with that too.

2.) Will it be stand-alone add-on or full add-on, improving Faith in Destiny?

3.) The story will follow the lore of Spellforce - I find that cool! After all, there are many demonic things in both previous games to add more possibilities to the story. (Udwin who went to Barga Gor to study ancient knowledge, the circle mage Uram the Red that fought Hokan and summoned demons, the demon Ulather from Order of Dawn that you have to kill for that frost mage woman, I forogt her name, and so on.)

4.) I hope the story will be long and good. Although I liked the DLCs for Faith in Destiny and the intro cinematic, it was disappointing still, even if we know about the troubles of JoWood and stuff. I have faith in destiny of Spellforce, though, so hopefully, this comes out a lot better.

5.) Internet game creation should be easier, too, as I tried playing with my friend the other day and I couldn't connect to his games. It probably works with Hamachi, but still... Although it didn't always work for me on Blizzard's Warcraft 3 battle.net either, but I could other join games there, even if I couldn't host.
Rakun ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 06-19-2013, 19:51   #2
GeneralKong
Lord of Death

Benutzerbild von GeneralKong

GeneralKong eine Nachricht über Skype™ schicken
Wow Im definantly glad that are continuing the Spellforce franchise this soon!

I admit I was a bit worried that they might put the franchise on hold for a long time

And now.... I implore to consider the possibility of adding a spawn unit cheat or something like that, and include a function to start skrimish, free games and stuff with cheats enabled (for fun games) as I believe that it will not only increase the fun factor of the game when you spawn 30 doombringers on an enemies base, but also help with testing out units and stuff for both modding, and for training for multiplayer

I also hope that some form of mod tools will come about with DOTP, as that will also increse the lifespan of a game, making it more inticing as a choice for something to buy, while also getting some new blood interested in the series and brought onto the forums
We have already seen some movement on the modding scene with members like soundwave and edriano making maps and mods, now imagine with mod tools!

I hope that you will consider these words, aswell as the words of Rakun, as you can see we both love the universe of Spellforce very much, and only wish to see it grow
Alt 06-19-2013, 20:21   #3
Lornik
Super Moderator
Graue Eminenz
Fiara-Brigade

Benutzerbild von Lornik

RPG Character: Brahir
Hi,

adding new races is cool but a lot of work and work is expensive. We're giving as much content as possible within the limitations.

The Demon-related storylines are interesting but difficult to add to a story that takes place 16 years after TOoD. I had to take up on storylines and characters, that aren't yet finished. Udwin, Uram and Ulather (all starting with U ^^) could be told from a viewpoint before TOoD but only poorly from afterwards.

It's a long and interesting campaign with a lot of sidequest-arcs to add to the fun.

So long

Lornik

Wilhelm Busch
Lornik ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 06-19-2013, 21:44   #4
Rakun

Benutzerbild von Rakun

Indeed! Well, if making a new race is possible, go ahead, but story of Spellforce is more important! But yeah, I understand, the costs can be great.

Yeah. Well, they're famous demonic entities from the Spellforce universe, and if something could be connected to them, even better! Maybe the player will have to find books written by Uram and Udwin? Who knows.

I'm glad to hear about the campaign, it's what I loved about the previous Spellforce titles before never played much multiplayer, to be honest. :P
Alt 06-20-2013, 01:14   #5
soundwave81
Ave ob legio primas!

Benutzerbild von soundwave81

Lightbulb About features.

Add kithars as a new NPC race if u can guys. That it would be better. =D =P XD
soundwave81 ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 06-20-2013, 07:06   #6
C oNe
Super Moderator
Zarachs Flamme

Benutzerbild von C oNe

First the story is the most important and as the name of the game suggests it will probably go mainly to combat the Nameless.

A new race for Multiplayer is not planned.
Alt 06-20-2013, 12:13   #7
Rakun

Benutzerbild von Rakun

That's ok. As long as there'll be bug fixes (not many, but crashes still happened in the last map a bit ago.) and new features, I'm ok with it. And a good, long story!

This will be an actual add-on to FiD, right, and not standalone?
Alt 06-20-2013, 17:06   #8
nikitc

Several requests

1. Add game for the Undead and others.
2. Large and interesting campaign
3. Work on multepleer players to enjoy - the rating, the clans, the map Islands and their capture
nikitc ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 06-20-2013, 20:09   #9
Lornik
Super Moderator
Graue Eminenz
Fiara-Brigade

Benutzerbild von Lornik

Zitat:
Zitat von nikitc Beitrag anzeigen
Several requests

1. Add game for the Undead and others.
2. Large and interesting campaign
3. Work on multepleer players to enjoy - the rating, the clans, the map Islands and their capture
As said above and probably a dozen times in the near future - there will be no new playable race for Multiplayer. No Undead, no Beasts, no Demons (except Nameless of course).
The Multiplayer is being worked on too, although the main aspect of production lies in a large and interesting campaign.

So long

Lornik

Wilhelm Busch
Alt 06-21-2013, 19:34   #10
Rakun

Benutzerbild von Rakun

That's good to hear. DLCs for Faith in Destiny were cool, but the main campaign being a disappointment.

And considering you (Lornik) give good story critiques for writing, I have faith in Lornik's story

Story plus hopefully some new added things... and hopefully, it'll be a true expansion too.

Will there be new music? (probably not, but it's worth to ask! xD )
Alt 06-22-2013, 20:05   #11
GeneralKong
Lord of Death

Benutzerbild von GeneralKong

GeneralKong eine Nachricht über Skype™ schicken
indeed, I too am glad that they arent just leaving spellforce 2 fid to be an unfinished story
Alt 06-27-2013, 17:46   #12
souless
N00bster

Zitat:
Zitat von Lornik
Currently we're producing a new AddOn for SpellForce2, that will connect all stories of the previous parts and will bring them to an exciting finale.
So, it seems that this is our last glimpse at Spellforce saga. So please guys, make this last addon something hard to forget and give us the tools to keep the game alive (ability to mod/edit).
souless ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 06-28-2013, 10:54   #13
soundwave81
Ave ob legio primas!

Benutzerbild von soundwave81

Thumbs Up

Zitat:
Zitat von souless Beitrag anzeigen
So, it seems that this is our last glimpse at Spellforce saga. So please guys, make this last addon something hard to forget and give us the tools to keep the game alive (ability to mod/edit).
Indeed ,It should be a addon that we will never forget it.
Also it would be great to have script editor of the game.
soundwave81 ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 06-28-2013, 14:26   #14
Sam Hotte
Super Moderator

Zitat:
So, it seems that this is our last glimpse at Spellforce saga.
No. It just means that SF2 will come to an end. There is still possibility (I'd think a high probability) for SF3.
JFTR.
Sam Hotte ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 06-28-2013, 15:58   #15
Rakun

Benutzerbild von Rakun

Zitat:
Zitat von Sam Hotte Beitrag anzeigen
No. It just means that SF2 will come to an end. There is still possibility (I'd think a high probability) for SF3.
JFTR.
Good, because Spellforce 2 is a pretty old game, despite still good graphics.

I'd certainly love Spellforce 3 after this, though. :P
Alt 06-28-2013, 20:55   #16
souless
N00bster

Zitat:
JFTR.
Awesome. Right now you became my best friend and made my day better.
PS: I'm playing SF 1 right now and i enjoy every moment of it (currently on TOoD campaign)
Alt 06-28-2013, 22:46   #17
Sam Hotte
Super Moderator

Zitat:
JFTR.
Zitat:
Awesome. Right now you became my best friend and made my day better.
PS: I'm playing SF 1 right now and i enjoy every moment of it (currently on TOoD campaign)
JFTR: Note that this was just IMVHO; no official statement whatsoever ...
(Sorry for putting your day back to normal ... )
Sam Hotte ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 06-29-2013, 04:29   #18
Deadly Bro
Demon Knight

Benutzerbild von Deadly Bro

RPG Character: Deadly
Question does it link even the very first part to this very new addon

i just knew about that demons of the past addon but in what twist will it bring back ALL of the other parts and does it even bring from the very first game in the series the order of dawn?
Deadly Bro ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 06-29-2013, 21:43   #19
souless
N00bster

Zitat:
JFTR: Note that this was just IMVHO; no official statement whatsoever ...
(Sorry for putting your day back to normal ... )
well at least you made me hope again and no, my day is same as i stated before
Anyway, Demons of the past sound very nice...i hope we will see many of the old characters (even Rohen or Craig Un'Shalach (i hope i didn't misspelled) from SF1). Craig Un'Shalach is an entire race. In SF1 it gave birth to Dark Elves playable race and continues in SF2 with Nightsong (his daughter, a hero) and The Pact (playable race that continues his story).
Alt 06-29-2013, 22:57   #20
Lornik
Super Moderator
Graue Eminenz
Fiara-Brigade

Benutzerbild von Lornik

Um, no, Craig is no entire race. He's Norcaine, allright and later it turns out, he is one of the firstborn of his race. But the Norcaine were created as a gift from Zarach to Nor.

But he's an interesting character nonetheless. And as he turned up in the end of Faith in Destiny it might well be, that we meet him again in Demons of the Past .

In the German board I stated already, that the Circlemages will not be part of DotP.

So long

Lornik

Wilhelm Busch
Antwort

Themen-Optionen