General discussion and questions! - Seite 2 - SpellForce - Official Board

News:
08-17-2017, 14:02: SpellForce 3 Collectors Edition + Cinematic Trailer
05-18-2017, 14:52: SF3 Beta startet am 19.5. - Alle Informationen + Updates
01-17-2017, 19:52: alte Forenlinks "reparieren"
08-10-2015, 13:07: [Sammelthread] SpellForce 3 - Alle Infos / Release 07.12.2017
07-04-2012, 20:36: SpellForce-Datenbank ist wieder da - Ein WiKi soll entstehen
08-30-2009, 19:03: Patchübersicht

Herzlich Willkommen im offiziellen SpellForce Forum!

Du betrachtest das Forum zur Zeit als Gast, was deine Zugriffsrechte bei Diskussionen und anderen Dingen enorm einschränkt. Wenn du dich hier registrierst, was natürlich völlig kostenlos ist, dann wirst du Beiträge und Themen erstellen, Private Konversationen mit anderen Mitgliedern führen, bei Umfragen abstimmen, Inhalte uploaden und vielen andere Dinge können. Die Anmeldung geht schnell von Statten, ist enorm einfach und kostenlos, daher würden wir dich ersuchen, dich zu registrieren!

Falls es Probleme mit der Anmeldung oder dem Zugriff auf einen Account gibt, stehen wir dir gerne über die Kontaktseite mit Rat und Tat zur Verfügung.

SpellForce Newsletter
Gib deine E-Mail Adresse in das Feld ein, um immer über die letzten Neuigkeiten zu SpellForce informiert zu werden

Zurück   SpellForce - Official Board > SpellForce - English Forum > SpellForce 2 - Demons of the Past > Demons of the Past - General Discussion
Registrieren Hilfe Benutzerliste Kalender Suchen Heutige Beiträge Alle Foren als gelesen markieren

Demons of the Past - General Discussion Discuss here all general things that belong to the SpellForce 2 Addon Demons of the Past

Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Alt 06-29-2013, 23:06   #21
GeneralKong
Lord of Death

Benutzerbild von GeneralKong

GeneralKong eine Nachricht über Skype™ schicken
i was wondering if Josef Altersberger will return for the soundtrack, he really did a good job setting the tone of FiD with the soundtrack
Alt 06-30-2013, 20:10   #22
Lornik
Super Moderator
Graue Eminenz
Fiara-Brigade

Benutzerbild von Lornik

RPG Character: Brahir
Zitat:
Zitat von GeneralKong Beitrag anzeigen
i was wondering if Josef Altersberger will return for the soundtrack, he really did a good job setting the tone of FiD with the soundtrack
Yes, he is on board again.

@Deadly Bro: I'm taking up on storylines from TOoD, BoW and SotP, same as from SW, DS and FiD. I'm trying to keep it all together .

So long

Lornik

Wilhelm Busch
Lornik ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 07-01-2013, 02:22   #23
Rakun

Benutzerbild von Rakun

Cool. Josef Altersberger's soundtrack was different and darker, but I liked it too.

Oh, and I have another suggestion and I told about it before in another thread: trading cards.

I've seen many developers add them to their games. Like Serious Sam 3 and so on. Achievements, on the other hand, aren't really necessary.

I hope that the story will be dark, too. Shadow of the Phoenix was sort of dark, but with the Nameless and darker kind of music by Josef Altersberger would really make a special kind of a feel, I think, so I hope you can make it!

(Maybe the Gods in Spellforce can die and the mortal races are left alone under the protective remnants of Aonir's lights!)
Rakun ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 07-01-2013, 10:06   #24
soundwave81
Ave ob legio primas!

Benutzerbild von soundwave81

Smile

I hope that new addon's storyline will like Shadow of the Phoenix coz it was the best Storyline ever. =D =P XD
soundwave81 ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 07-01-2013, 16:37   #25
Epzaos

Benutzerbild von Epzaos

Just a question, I know I might be asking the big questions, but I will get on with it:
DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU HAVE COMPLETED Faith in Destiny!
BIG FID SPOILERS Spoiler:
Who is this Zazhut? Is he some kind of a dark god like Zarach and Nor? And will he be the main antagonist in DOP?
Is he also related to the the Fial Darg somehow?
Epzaos ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 07-01-2013, 19:22   #26
Lornik
Super Moderator
Graue Eminenz
Fiara-Brigade

Benutzerbild von Lornik

Well your first question will surely bother the new Avatar of Demons of the Past too. In the end you will know the answer .

One similarity to SotP (except for the almost identical abbreviation ) is, that this AddOn tries to take up on several storylines (e.g. Portals, Zazhut, Shaikan ...) and tries to weave them together to one big finale for SpellForce 2.

So long

Lornik

Wilhelm Busch
Alt 07-06-2013, 21:33   #27
ghilgam3s

I'm looking forward to see the finale product of this. Take your time and make it as good as possible.
ghilgam3s ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 07-07-2013, 05:30   #28
thinkingdrops

Thumbs Up

Zitat:
Zitat von Lornik Beitrag anzeigen
Well your first question will surely bother the new Avatar of Demons of the Past too. In the end you will know the answer .

One similarity to SotP (except for the almost identical abbreviation ) is, that this AddOn tries to take up on several storylines (e.g. Portals, Zazhut, Shaikan ...) and tries to weave them together to one big finale for SpellForce 2.

So long

Lornik
Hi there!

I couldn't help but notice the underlined part. This seems to imply that the door has been explicitly left open to the makings of SF3 down the road, am I correct?
If so, would love that . Also, would this be a standalone game or an expansion pack needing to be installed alongside FiD or previous games?

I've loved all the games in the series thus far, still finishing up currently DS atm.

Good luck!!
thinkingdrops ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 07-07-2013, 17:21   #29
Epzaos

Benutzerbild von Epzaos

First of all, thanks for replying to my question, I am eager to see how things will unfold in this addon.

I have a suggestion, apart from having a long campaign.
One thing that the Spellforce series have always suffered from is the meh voice acting.
It goes all the way back to the Order of Dawn.
I mean, words cannot describe how bad it is in some parts(i.e. when the Briarwolves find out that their commander has been assassinated).
While the extremely meh voice acting doesn't really bother me that much, it would be nice if DoP had a good voice acting.

Geändert von Epzaos (07-07-2013 um 17:31 Uhr).
Alt 07-07-2013, 19:35   #30
Rakun

Benutzerbild von Rakun

I agree with Epzaos. Although Dragon Storm was slightly better... But the whole series had quite cheesy and bad voice acting.

Except for the cinematics, those were actually really well done. I liked the voice in the FiD cinematics, too, despite FiD being the most terrible regarding voice acting otherwise.
Alt 07-08-2013, 09:59   #31
Sugo Classico

Producing - Localization

Benutzerbild von Sugo Classico

Zitat:
Zitat von Epzaos Beitrag anzeigen
First of all, thanks for replying to my question, I am eager to see how things will unfold in this addon.

I have a suggestion, apart from having a long campaign.
One thing that the Spellforce series have always suffered from is the meh voice acting.
It goes all the way back to the Order of Dawn.
I mean, words cannot describe how bad it is in some parts(i.e. when the Briarwolves find out that their commander has been assassinated).
While the extremely meh voice acting doesn't really bother me that much, it would be nice if DoP had a good voice acting.
What about the Voice Acting in the 3 DLC's - was it better done in your opinion?
Alt 07-08-2013, 11:34   #32
nikitc

I want to have more get more information and screenshots, expand their already. When a site will be the new add?
nikitc ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 07-08-2013, 14:56   #33
Epzaos

Benutzerbild von Epzaos

Zitat:
Zitat von Sugo Classico Beitrag anzeigen
What about the Voice Acting in the 3 DLC's - was it better done in your opinion?
In my opinion, no, it wasn't, So far I have completed Flink's and Caine's campaigns and the voice acting is pretty much on the same level as the FID campaign, and the bad parts are quite noticeable on Caine's DLC scenario, when you evacuate the second settlement.
The elf says "We've arrived, thank you Shaikan" in a way that is just plain awkward.

Since DoP will be the finale, I feel like it needs to be the most polished expansion in the Spellforce franchise and have a more neat voice acting, especially for the Main Villain, assuming that villain is going to be Zazhut.

The things I liked about FID in general were the cinematics(the narrator did a pretty good job, btw), the Soundtrack(FID delivered on that, like the all the past Spellforce games did) and some quotes like "Destiny cannot be changed, this soul does not belong to you"(That quote is stuck in my head).

I don't mean to be disrespectful, I'm just pointing out some flaws in it, mainly because I'm a big fan of the series and I would like DoP to be at it's best when it's released.

Geändert von Epzaos (07-08-2013 um 15:20 Uhr).
Alt 07-08-2013, 16:43   #34
GeneralKong
Lord of Death

Benutzerbild von GeneralKong

GeneralKong eine Nachricht über Skype™ schicken
what Epzaos said, while IMO the Spellforce 2 series voice acting was a league better than Spellforce 1, it was still...."Off"...
Alt 07-09-2013, 02:12   #35
Lornik
Super Moderator
Graue Eminenz
Fiara-Brigade

Benutzerbild von Lornik

What I find odd is, that the problems you're describing is with "remote" characters, such as the Briar-wolves or the rescued Elves in Dun Mora (DLC "The Last Stand").
But what counts are the main characters, such as the Avatar, and since SF2 the heroes. Main NPCs like Prof. Twiddle or Flink McWinter. All these have not been mentioned so far and from what I got in the DLCs and FiD from English Voiceacting, that was pretty good.
It was even that good, that German gamers, switched to the English version, because they didn't like the German version of FiD (not so, with the DLCs!).

Just my two cent

So long

Lornik

Wilhelm Busch
Alt 07-09-2013, 02:42   #36
Rakun

Benutzerbild von Rakun

They were average, to be honest. Not too bad, but better than some, that's true.

However, for example, and no offense meant, the voice actor of...

SPOILER ALERT

... voice actor of ghost Craig Un'shallach was terrible. :P Caine's voice acting was perhaps ok, and maybe Flink McWinter's, but others weren't that good. Maybe companion's.

But like it was said before, the voice acting in cinematics was great.

As with previous games? I loved a few voice actors in Order of Dawn. For example, when Rohen awakens you, voice acting then was pretty cool. And of course, in all of the cinematics back then, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG06vyZQfAM <--- I loved it. But I also loved this kind of voice acting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCr7y4SLhck (Note: I don't like WoW despite liking Warcraft, although I love their cinematics too.)
Alt 07-09-2013, 09:18   #37
C oNe
Super Moderator
Zarachs Flamme

Benutzerbild von C oNe

I think the DLC voice acting were much better than the main game. Especially the first with Flink McWinter in the german version. Nordic are going in the right direction and i think they dont make a mistake twice for DotP.

Lets see what comes.
Alt 07-09-2013, 10:46   #38
Lornik
Super Moderator
Graue Eminenz
Fiara-Brigade

Benutzerbild von Lornik

And yet again you are criticising a remote character, that got just one line of text. On the other hand - you're right. I was thinking the exact same thing about Craig .

But as C_oNe states, we really are about to make a great game, and we'll do our best to find great Voiceactors for it as well.

So long

Lornik

Wilhelm Busch
Alt 07-09-2013, 13:36   #39
Rakun

Benutzerbild von Rakun

That's good to hear. Then I can have faith in Spellforce's destiny. hehe.

No worries, though, I'm pretty sure you and the Nordic Games can do it.
Alt 07-10-2013, 16:19   #40
Epzaos

Benutzerbild von Epzaos

Yeah, it's great that you will actually look for good voice actors
I have faith that Nordic won't disappoint us.

Now to do the difficult part, wait for more news about the Addon.
Antwort

Themen-Optionen