[Collection Thread] Your suggestions and bugs - Seite 2 - SpellForce - Official Board

News:
08-17-2017, 15:02: SpellForce 3 Collectors Edition + Cinematic Trailer
05-18-2017, 15:52: SF3 Beta startet am 19.5. - Alle Informationen + Updates
01-17-2017, 20:52: alte Forenlinks "reparieren"
08-10-2015, 14:07: [Sammelthread] SpellForce 3 - Alle Infos / Release 07.12.2017
07-04-2012, 21:36: SpellForce-Datenbank ist wieder da - Ein WiKi soll entstehen
08-30-2009, 20:03: Patchübersicht

Herzlich Willkommen im offiziellen SpellForce Forum!

Du betrachtest das Forum zur Zeit als Gast, was deine Zugriffsrechte bei Diskussionen und anderen Dingen enorm einschränkt. Wenn du dich hier registrierst, was natürlich völlig kostenlos ist, dann wirst du Beiträge und Themen erstellen, Private Konversationen mit anderen Mitgliedern führen, bei Umfragen abstimmen, Inhalte uploaden und vielen andere Dinge können. Die Anmeldung geht schnell von Statten, ist enorm einfach und kostenlos, daher würden wir dich ersuchen, dich zu registrieren!

Falls es Probleme mit der Anmeldung oder dem Zugriff auf einen Account gibt, stehen wir dir gerne über die Kontaktseite mit Rat und Tat zur Verfügung.

SpellForce Newsletter
Gib deine E-Mail Adresse in das Feld ein, um immer über die letzten Neuigkeiten zu SpellForce informiert zu werden

Zurück   SpellForce - Official Board > SpellForce - English Forum > SpellForce 2 - Demons of the Past > Demons of the Past - General Discussion
Registrieren Hilfe Benutzerliste Kalender Suchen Heutige Beiträge Alle Foren als gelesen markieren

Demons of the Past - General Discussion Discuss here all general things that belong to the SpellForce 2 Addon Demons of the Past

Thema geschlossen

Themen-Optionen
Alt 01-28-2014, 09:58   #21
ROAN607

Zitat:
Zitat von Syko Beitrag anzeigen
Yes I had the same problem and I guess it is because there are more hidden assassins so you can't loot due to the other enemies that are nearby. I tried running around to make them appear and attack me but it did not work.
Threre is one more shadow ( ravage) there
ROAN607 ist offline  
Alt 01-28-2014, 14:16   #22
Rakun

Benutzerbild von Rakun

Zitat:
Zitat von C oNe Beitrag anzeigen
Checking this atm, but 50 casts takes really a lot of time. ^^
Indeed! I tried casting several times when building a base or some such. I also casted it with other heroes, so I hope it didn't reset the counter.
Rakun ist offline  
Alt 01-28-2014, 16:02   #23
ghilgam3s

The Citadel chests

In The Citadel there are some chests that can't be opened, are those really impossible to open ?

Also the name of The Steelcoast in Shadow Wars was Steel Shore was it ?
ghilgam3s ist offline  
Alt 01-28-2014, 17:43   #24
Syko
Best SF-Screenshot

Benutzerbild von Syko

Zitat:
Zitat von Rakun Beitrag anzeigen
Just found a few broken achievements:
- Cry Baby (cast Battle Cry 50 times) - I'm not sure whether I casted it 50 times or not, but it'd be possible I did (most likely).
- I finished the game on normal, I didn't get normal/easy end-game achievement
- I got "First strike still deadly" on normal, and 15 game minutes pretty sure have already passed.
Same here, nothing to add.
Zitat:
Zitat von C oNe Beitrag anzeigen
Checking this atm, but 50 casts takes really a lot of time. ^^
At the moment this is a waste of time, at least for Battle Cry. Did not work for me and I am sure I casted it more than 50 times.
Zitat:
Zitat von Rakun Beitrag anzeigen
I also casted it with other heroes, so I hope it didn't reset the counter.
If it does....oh no please not.

Zitat:
Zitat von ghilgam3s Beitrag anzeigen
In The Citadel there are some chests that can't be opened, are those really impossible to open ?
Also the name of The Steelcoast in Shadow Wars was Steel Shore was it ?
The chests can not be opened and Citadel is not the only map with chests or objects that cannot be oepend/used.

Not sure about the Steel Coast/Steel Shore, but I don't think anybody minds that.

Geändert von Sam Hotte (01-28-2014 um 20:14 Uhr).
Syko ist offline  
Alt 01-28-2014, 19:37   #25
ghilgam3s

Zitat:
The chests can not be opened and Citadel is not the only map with chests or objects that cannot be oepend/used.

Not sure about the Steel Coast/Steel Shore, but I don't think anybody minds that.
OK, thank-you.

I would still need some help if it's possible:

-in the Quest A Life-Changing Decision all I could find is 2/3 Swords of a Fallen Leader in The Citadel and 1/1 Lava Ruby the rest seem to be hidden in the ground...for me

Geändert von ghilgam3s (01-28-2014 um 19:46 Uhr).
ghilgam3s ist offline  
Alt 01-28-2014, 19:50   #26
Syko
Best SF-Screenshot

Benutzerbild von Syko

Zitat:
Zitat von ghilgam3s Beitrag anzeigen
-in the Quest A Life-Changing Decision all I could find is 2/3 Swords of a Fallen Leader in The Citadel and 1/1 Lava Ruby the rest seem to be hidden in the ground...for me
The third sword is not available at the moment but it will be in the next patch as far as I can guess. Other quest items are bugged as well so don't care about Shadowsong's quests until a patch will be released.

Sorry for doppelposting above, I got confused with all these quotes
Syko ist offline  
Alt 01-28-2014, 20:16   #27
Sam Hotte
Super Moderator

Zitat:
fixed
Alt 01-28-2014, 22:24   #28
ghilgam3s

Zitat:
The third sword is not available at the moment but it will be in the next patch as far as I can guess. Other quest items are bugged as well so don't care about Shadowsong's quests until a patch will be released.

Hmm...this means I completed everything I possibly could. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MORE OF THOSE TWIDDLE QUESTS, ALWAYS SO INTRIGANT (especialy in the outro). Thanks again!
ghilgam3s ist offline  
Alt 01-31-2014, 21:54   #29
Artimis
Lady knight

Benutzerbild von Artimis

I have just got all the items of the gods and I have not been given the achievement for it. Also currently I am writing a review of the game of sorts.
Alt 03-14-2014, 12:47   #30
Rakun

Benutzerbild von Rakun

Well, since this thread was quiet for awhile, I thought I'd give a full review now that I've thought about it for awhile!

Things I liked about Demons of the Past:

- The return of Spellforce lore or at least some of it.
- Voice acting has been improved from FiD (mostly).
- Map design got better and in general more fun (especially the last map).
- Although I cheated after the first mapso I could finish the story ASAP, the game was challenging (although first map may have been super hard, since some levels of enemies were quite big for a low level character like mine.).
- The game wasn't too short.
- I loved the intro.

Neutral stuff (not particulary good or particulary bad):

- Some parts of the story seem rushed (When I write stories, happens to me too!)
- I liked the quests in general, although some were buggy, as were the cutscenes (crashes after them)
- I do wish there were more quests. (But understandable, considering there wasn't as much time to finalize the game.)

Stuff I didn't like as much:

- Bugs (but knowing they're being fixed is ok)
- Multiplayer ideas are great, but seems like the game is being forgotten already. (also buggy, like workers running away despite telling them to work on particular thing)
- Like said before, the story seemed rushed - although I liked it and it's close to Dragon Storm, it's still not as great as DS. There were some emotions in it, but still... Spellforce 3 will hopefully be improved in that regard!
- I wish the companions would offer more. The ones you pick don't really talk after you pick them. One of the things I loved about Dragon Storm that your companions had personalities, their own ambitions and also gave you quests.
- RTS part was challenging but occasionally boring. Also, sometimes, enemies would get stuck fighting other people (like the ship captain in the Wastes map), therefore never attacking me!)
- Unit pathing and units getting stuck. Either randomly in grass, or among the trees, buildings, etc. (saving and loading solved this, or killing the unit.)
Rakun ist offline  
Alt 04-27-2014, 21:02   #31
mano2
Dedicated Spellforce Fan

Benutzerbild von mano2

Hello Everyone!

I just got my hands on the last part of SpellForce 2 series.

And when I'm saying 'last' I hope SpellForce 3 will be a completely different game and this was really the last part of the second series.

Please note that it's just my opinion. I'm not criticizing or want to offend the creators of the game!

I've played every part of the game and as some of you may know my favorite is the first series (SpellForce 1, Breath of Winter, Order of the Phoenix). When I first heard about SpellForce 2 I was super excited but that feeling was gone fast when I got to play the game...

Let's see, what I like about SpellForce 2:
+ Beautiful environment (water, grass, mountains...etc)
+ More detailed weapons, characters, buildings...etc
+ New story (and also the feeling that my favorite game is not dead)

What I don't like:
In particular I can say that it's not really loyal to the first series and this is why it isn't as successful as it could be. It wanted to be a big game, it wanted rise higher as the first part but it didn't succeed.

I said I liked the new graphics. That's only true for the environment. The character design is bad. The only good I can mention are the female characters. In the first game we had a lot of differenct character types (think about Empyria or The Order of Dawn) with different faces, clothes, weapons, skills and most importantly personalities. In the second series we had humans with as big hands as heads. Just what? It must be because of the weapons and shields and etc but because of this it looks like that the game would like to look like World of Warcraft! It's just ridiculous in some cutscenes. Also when someone talks to your character (and your character listens) he/she still moves his/her hands and head and it looks like he/she is talking but obviously not.

When you start a new character you barely have anything to choose from. This point also goes for the first game where you can start a preset character, define your skill points and abilities, choose from a lot of faces both male and female. Also there was the crossing that you could play as the Shadow Warrior or the carrier of the Phoenix Stone. You could import your character from the first game with spells, runes, weapons, building plans...etc. You could level up to level 50!

I really don't understand why do the developers had to leave out these things.

I would like to mention here the character references to the previous games. The biggest disappointment was Craig Un Shallach. Just to show you what I mean:
- Craig in the first game
- Craig in SpellForce 2 intro
- Craing in Demons of the Past artwork

Sadly they're not even similar. Also I remember Craig's deep voice from the first game which is now completely different. I understand that the same voice actor can't do it but Craig has a deep voice so he should have a deep voiced voice actor!

The enemies are boring too from two or three leveles. They're mostly demons, dragons and wolfs. Where are the goblins, Medusas, Wyverns, Lizards, Fiends...etc? SpellForce is a large universe with a ton of creatures.

Also I was sad about the union of light and dark races. It was a bad idea. I liked in the first game that we had trolls, orcs, night elfs, humans, dwarves and elves and they had their different building and 9 different units! I'm missing the elves too... In SpellForce it would be good to have different species with different units and different buildings.

Lesser resources, lesser resource types. Again I don't understand why. It was great that every species had their own need of a resource and you needed to get it (fight for it, do a quest for it, search a hidden path for it...etc). There is Stone, Silver and Lenya. The food is produced on Farms which you never have enough space to build. I would suggest to completely remove that feature from SpellForce 3 and bring back the good old food store with fishing and hunting. Also if we have to collect Lenya I think it would be good to have Moonsilver and Aria too! Don't misunderstand me of course there is no need to be the exact resources from the first game but It's just not natural that you can build wooden buildings with silver, stone and lenya.

Also the runes, building and unit plans are removed and with that now we have our equipments and quest items on the same place. It's frustrating. I suggest a complete interface redesign where is place for equipments and one for the quest items too.

I know there isn't any quest items but this is a problem too. SpellForce 1 series had a lot of sidequest where you could get some interesting information from the story, the game, the characters...etc. Now we barely have anything and if we have it only consists of killing. SpellForce 3 should have as many (if not more!) sidequest as the first game! We love SpellForce and we want to play it. For long or over and over but there's absolutely no point to play over SpellForce 2. Everything is the same even if you choose different skills.

Skills - absolute chaos again. I liked the old system better where there were more main skills that contained three subskills. This is again united into Magic - Shaikan - Combat.

All in all I can say that SpellForce 2 (in general with all of it's expansions and DLC's) wanted to be more than it's predecessor but with the lots of union (union of races, union of skills, union of items...etc) it became tragically less. I bought them but only because I love the series and at least this way I can honor and reward the developers sleepless nights and hard work but apart from that the game itself not good at all. You play it once and put it on the shelf because it has amazing artwork and that's all.

And that's not SpellForce - the SpellForce name means that you will play it over and over again, you love it, you're fond of it.

You can't combine skills you can't start a completely new character because it will always be the same. It barely has spells (because there aren't any different fire, ice and earth magic as I asid - JUST magic with a few spells). In the first game you can even combine Heavy Fighter with Ice magic or Ranged Combat arts with Mind magic.

I don't know how many of you agree with me but I think I rather wait more for SpellForce 3 to come out than have a game like the second one again. A lot of you said that the game already forgotten. It's because of the mentioned things above. A lot of people expected a lot from the continuation and when they got the game they left it becasue they didn't like it. I waited years too to get myself to play through SpellForce 2 too...

At the end I can say that from SpellForce 3 we want MORE and not LESS, we want EXTENSIONS not UNIONS we want MORE quests and BIGGER maps!

I hope I didn't offend anyone. I just waited so long to post this and I tihnk in some parts I got carried away.

Note: I will show your name in the credits section on my site so everything goes with your permission under your name!

mano2 ist offline  
Alt 06-21-2014, 01:08   #32
mano2
Dedicated Spellforce Fan

Benutzerbild von mano2

Westguard bug

Hi everyone!

It's me again and I want to report a bug.

I started over the game and currently I'm in Westguard.

I'm currently on the quest "Destroy the invaders" main quest's sidequest "Save the people".

While I tried saving the refugees I died and now only two of them left on the map but they stopped following me. I realoaded the map, the game... nothing happened they're just standing there.

I think I'll start over the game.

It's lucky that this happened at the beginning of the game.

Note: I will show your name in the credits section on my site so everything goes with your permission under your name!

mano2 ist offline  
Alt 06-21-2014, 12:21   #33
Syko
Best SF-Screenshot

Benutzerbild von Syko

Too bad that the support and development of any further official patches have been discontinued.
Syko ist offline  
Alt 06-21-2014, 19:28   #34
mano2
Dedicated Spellforce Fan

Benutzerbild von mano2

Zitat:
Too bad that the support and development of any further official patches have been discontinued.
Yep. I was sad to hear that too... however I wasn't surprised at all. Let's hope that SpellForce will have a correct and continuous support.

By the way I started over the game and everything went fine. I noticed however that you must do everything in order to ensure that you won't encounter any bugs. This is really disappointing.

mano2 ist offline  
Alt 06-22-2014, 20:13   #35
mano2
Dedicated Spellforce Fan

Benutzerbild von mano2

Realm of the Gods Bug

Is there any way I can edit my posts? I just don't want to spam the thread but I found another bug.

I know there won't be any patches or fixes but I just want to let you know.

So I just started realm of the gods an I wanted to do the "I can do this alone" achivement when suddenly one of the Deluded spirits turned blue and that's all. I can't speak with him or fight with him. He is just standing there...

Now I have a save game from stepping stones but it gets a bit frustrating that I have to save almost before everything because you don't know what will stuck the game.

I'm surprised because the previous version didn't have this many bugs at all!

P.S.: The edit button now appeared!

mano2 ist offline  
Alt 06-22-2014, 20:33   #36
Syko
Best SF-Screenshot

Benutzerbild von Syko

You can edit your posts within a time limit of 20 or 30 minutes.

Maybe we are lucky and the community can fix some problems in the future, but this is just a humble guess.
Syko ist offline  
Alt 06-23-2014, 02:36   #37
mano2
Dedicated Spellforce Fan

Benutzerbild von mano2

Zitat:
You can edit your posts within a time limit of 20 or 30 minutes.
Thank you!

Zitat:
Maybe we are lucky and the community can fix some problems in the future, but this is just a humble guess.
Starting over solved the mentioned bugs.

Now I'm at the citadel and the Archon base is defeated immediately after I spoke with the Dracon... according to the patch documentation this was fixed by placing more defense towers (two defense towers to be honest) but it didn't solve anything. I think there should be at least 5 defense towers and also some high level guards to protect the base.

mano2 ist offline  
Alt 04-27-2015, 14:26   #38
Sam Hotte
Super Moderator

Thread closed.

Themen-Optionen