[SPOILER!] The Outro - Please explaain!!!! - SpellForce - Official Board

News:
08-17-2017, 15:02: SpellForce 3 Collectors Edition + Cinematic Trailer
05-18-2017, 15:52: SF3 Beta startet am 19.5. - Alle Informationen + Updates
01-17-2017, 20:52: alte Forenlinks "reparieren"
08-10-2015, 14:07: [Sammelthread] SpellForce 3 - Alle Infos / Release 07.12.2017
07-04-2012, 21:36: SpellForce-Datenbank ist wieder da - Ein WiKi soll entstehen
08-30-2009, 20:03: Patchübersicht

Herzlich Willkommen im offiziellen SpellForce Forum!

Du betrachtest das Forum zur Zeit als Gast, was deine Zugriffsrechte bei Diskussionen und anderen Dingen enorm einschränkt. Wenn du dich hier registrierst, was natürlich völlig kostenlos ist, dann wirst du Beiträge und Themen erstellen, Private Konversationen mit anderen Mitgliedern führen, bei Umfragen abstimmen, Inhalte uploaden und vielen andere Dinge können. Die Anmeldung geht schnell von Statten, ist enorm einfach und kostenlos, daher würden wir dich ersuchen, dich zu registrieren!

Falls es Probleme mit der Anmeldung oder dem Zugriff auf einen Account gibt, stehen wir dir gerne über die Kontaktseite mit Rat und Tat zur Verfügung.

SpellForce Newsletter
Gib deine E-Mail Adresse in das Feld ein, um immer über die letzten Neuigkeiten zu SpellForce informiert zu werden

Zurück   SpellForce - Official Board > SpellForce - English Forum > SpellForce 2 - Demons of the Past > Demons of the Past - General Discussion
Registrieren Hilfe Benutzerliste Kalender Suchen Heutige Beiträge Alle Foren als gelesen markieren

Demons of the Past - General Discussion Discuss here all general things that belong to the SpellForce 2 Addon Demons of the Past

Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Alt 01-24-2014, 11:37   #1
ROAN607

[SPOILER!] The Outro - Please explaain!!!!

Please someone who ahs completed the game,could you write what do they say in the final video, i've got a bad english so its hard for me to hear and understand it clearly, im sure ive heard Hokan had told something, please!!!!!
ROAN607 ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 01-24-2014, 11:44   #2
Lornik
Super Moderator
Graue Eminenz
Fiara-Brigade

Benutzerbild von Lornik

RPG Character: Brahir
Hi Roan607,

I've moved your post from the General Discussion-Thread as it's not good to place such huge Spoilers about the Outro in there.

Here is the whole text (yet again in Spoiler-Tags )

Outro-Text Spoiler:

With all our might, with all our heart, we struggled.
We were only a remaining few, but our determination equaled Zazhut's rage.
Our valiant battle was rewarded. We struck blow after blow and - blinded by his rage - Zazhut followed us to where we wanted him.
"Well done, children", said Ereon. "Time for us to be Guardians again, not only observers."
With a sad look towards his brother, Ereon stepped up towards Zazhut. "Don't", said a weak Zarach.
"A new dawn is coming, brother, one that needs creation, not destruction. Be part of it."
Ereon worked spell after spell, weaving a web, trapping Zazhut, who howled in rage and frustration.
He knew he was defeated, just as Ereon knew he would make his final sacrifice for the people of Eo.
The mortals he loved so much. A gigantic flash of light blinded us, then they were gone.
What remained was....Zarach. But he wasn't Zarach anymore. He was....different.
"Silly old fool", Ulm said, with a choked voice. "I will be part of it, just to prove you right!"

"So this is how it will end, Ankhtar?"
"No, Hokan, this is just one possible future."
"But an interesting one, if you have any thoughts about killing a god."

Hope this makes it easier for you to understand.
So long

Lornik

Wilhelm Busch
Lornik ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 01-24-2014, 11:58   #3
ROAN607

I thank you so much!!!!!

But that gives me even more questions)))))))
Alt 01-24-2014, 12:18   #4
Lornik
Super Moderator
Graue Eminenz
Fiara-Brigade

Benutzerbild von Lornik

RPG Character: Brahir
You're welcome to post them here and I/we will try to answer them if possible.

So long

Lornik

Wilhelm Busch
Lornik ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 01-24-2014, 13:06   #5
Wyrmhero

Just watched it myself. I suppose my main question then is, if this is just a 'possible' future, how much of the Spellforce series is this vision that Ankhtar is relaying? Did the Nameless actually come back at all? And at what point do Hokan Ashir and Ankhtar have this conversation? Logically, some time before The Order of Dawn or during Shadow of the Phoenix, but how far before?
And for that matter, how does Hokan actually come into this story? Is it just Ankhtar suggesting a possible method for forcing the death of a god, or is Hokan responsible for this chain of events in this hypothetical future? And, perhaps the least important question but still an interesting one: Does Hokan Ashir have a grudge against Ereon? That's two games in which Hokan is at least partially in which involve bringing pain and death to the God of Knowledge at his presumed hand.

The questions! At least SF3 looks like it'll be interesting

Geändert von Wyrmhero (01-24-2014 um 13:13 Uhr).
Wyrmhero ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 01-26-2014, 11:31   #6
ROAN607

Exclamation

Maybe there were no nameless, no shaikan and this is just the imagination of Anchtar,and i think that this conversation of Hokan and Anchtar took place before the creation of the circle. Perhaps in SF 3 we'll know that this was just a thoughts of Anchtar about probable future, and will return to the time of Runes, personally I don't like Shaikan.
Alt 01-26-2014, 11:55   #7
Wyrmhero

No, the Shaikan have to exist, because they existed before Hokan Ashir was even born (Malacay was 1000 years ago compared to the Circle being formed 500 years ago). There's no reason to wipe them from existence to return to Circle era either.
While I don't dislike the Shaikan, I do prefer the Rune Warriors from the first game, but that's just because it's a different playstyle more than anything. Wouldn't mind seeing a choice of Avatar races in the next one (especially if it's Rune-era, as we know that other races can be Rune Warriors). Shaikan should exist as Rune Warriors too, which would be interesting.
I am assuming that Shadow Wars and Dragon Storm took place, but FiD and DotP are both imaginary. Not only because Shaikan exist, and so it could definitely happen, but because if we imagine that those are both non-canon as well, then since Ankthar must be talking to Hokan either before OotD or before SotP, we might as well say either SotP or all of the games are non-canon. And I dislike that far too much to consider it.
Alt 01-26-2014, 18:28   #8
ROAN607

I think this dialog between Hokan and Anchtar was long ago when Hokan was member of Zerbits yet.Anchtar told about the probable future which finally happened.What do u think about it? And I know its out of this theme but why was the phoenix Gardian woman even more the elf ? I supposed it was man!
Alt 01-26-2014, 20:37   #9
Wyrmhero

Same reason the hero of Dragon Storm is 'canonically' female (depending on what canon is now...), I would say, that there's no reason for them not to be (also, we were given the choice to be male or female, so it can't be that all the heroes were male). Why did you think she was male, anyway? There's never been any reference to her being male. In fact, I seem to recall the Phoenix Guardian being female all the way since Shadow of the Phoenix (if you played as the Shadow Warrior). What do you mean 'more than the elf' though?
EDIT: Got what you mean by that. I have no idea why, since she was in Shadow Wars (Freetrader in Gate of Swords). I would assume that it was either forgotten, or that they simply wanted a way to distinguish her from other characters. Then again, if they want her to be elfin, there's no reason she really can't have been. Though I do agree that that aspect is odd.

As I said, I don't think that anything other than FiD and DotP are hypothetical. Perhaps it's Hokan talking to Ankhtar in the afterlife? It was mentioned that the Circle have their own area in The Realm of the Gods. Maybe Hokan's attempting to usurp the gods from within their own home. You can't keep a good necromancer down, after all...

Geändert von Wyrmhero (01-26-2014 um 20:43 Uhr).
Alt 01-27-2014, 08:15   #10
ROAN607

I dont remember her to be the freetrader , as far as i konw it was the Rune warrior (from the free game) in Gate of Swords, as She lives in Mulandir now, but maybe Im mistaken
Alt 01-27-2014, 09:41   #11
Wyrmhero

You had to ask her about the Shadow Ring, from what I recall. Only people who had a Shadow Ring were the Phoenix Guardian and the Shadow Warrior. Why would the Free Game mode of SF1 be canon? There was no plot for it to be canon.
Alt 01-27-2014, 10:18   #12
ROAN607

No, when you play Shadow Wars someone ( i dont remember who exactly) told you that there were three shadow rings: the first is lost somewhere the second elsewhere and the third belongs to another Rune warrior who was the reason why the Pact appeared as he was helping Nightsong to collect information about prophecy of shadows, and at the same time helped Tot Lar to liberate his father Nazshar;in the end the prophecy fulfilled just because of him this is the quest of free game in SF1 like a chain between Sf1 and SF2. And this freetrader in the Gates of Swords was a male character so it wasnt Phoenix Guardian

Did you play free game?

/Please use the edit button to avoid doubleposting. - C oNe

Geändert von C oNe (01-27-2014 um 11:17 Uhr).
Alt 01-27-2014, 11:56   #13
Wyrmhero

Oh, I see... I didn't play the Free Game with Shadow of the Phoenix, just Breath of Winter, so I didn't know there were quests added to it. Fair enough. Might have to boot it up and have a go at it.
But regardless of that, I was sure there was something that referred to the Phoenix Guardian being female before this. Oh well, doesn't matter.
Alt 01-27-2014, 12:04   #14
Artimis
Lady knight

Benutzerbild von Artimis

I played the free game in shadow of phoenix but I still did not get the ending much.
Alt 01-28-2014, 14:05   #15
Rakun

Benutzerbild von Rakun

I just finished it...

So I guess Hokan could have spoken about it in the Spellforce's city of the gods with Ankhtar. After all, Hokan was one of the people that always seemed to look towards the future. I'd have thought Udwin would probably have been brought into the equation, though, considering he was rather knowledgable (and killed) by the Demons as per Spellforce 1.
Rakun ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 01-28-2014, 14:29   #16
Mundane

Benutzerbild von Mundane

Just finished the game myself and I'm still trying to put all things togheter...
What I liked: see some of the characters from SF1 and 2, even if they are ghosts.
The graphics and the new spells for the avatar are cool.
The twists on the story (Sariel, Kerona ).
What I didn't like: The bugs, although it didn't stop me from finish the game, they are a noissance remaining on the quest log and I hate unfished quests.
The game on the last map freezes a LOT, if you pass the 80 troops (don't know if it was me, but after you get all 3 HQ I could go over 160 troops). Restarted the last map, didn't pass 80 troops and was able to finish the game but the freeze still showed now and then...
Flink McWinter dead. To me he WAS Spellforce. He was on all games and it was a fun character. I was sad to see him the way he was in this one. Didn't look the same character anymore.
I still think he could've been one of the companions instead of get killed.
Lena as a former Rune warrior (from BoW), I never saw her as that but instead as a companion. Nothing gives the idea of her being a rune warrior until now. Still, I was sad when she got killed back then it was good to see her again in this game.
The masks on the gods, I didn't like them. I think they could be showed with a glow of light hidind the face, maybe diferent colors for every god instead of those masks. But that's just my opinion.
The conversation at the end between Hokan and Ankhtar, from my point of view propably took place when Hokan was a young zerbite as Ankhtar seems to be talking to him more kindly than if he was imprisioned by Hokan, and that raises a lot of questions about what was real on all Spellforce games but I don't want to go there.
I played the game on normal mode and even if there are some maps that can be hard, overall I didn't find the game very dificult to play.
From my experience playing the game, the avatars were: TOoD was female and now lives on Mulandir. BoW, male and now is the Shadow Warrior. SF1 Free Game, Male and was with the Freetrades at Gate of Swords. SW was male and it's the dragon Soulcarrier. DS was female and also a dragon this days. FiD male and it's dead. Still don't know if he was a hero or villain. DotP, player choice.
I hope to create an interesting SF3 after these events and the magic of Eo still remains the same.
I'm curious to see where the game goes after this.
Just my 2cents.
Mundane ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 01-28-2014, 15:52   #17
ROAN607

Im waiting for SF3 as well, but hope it would be more interesting as with one more game, the SF is loosing its uniqueness bit by bit, something is missing, although DotP was like a reminder of the Great SF1
Alt 01-28-2014, 16:15   #18
Rakun

Benutzerbild von Rakun

I think someone from Nordic Games said on Steam forums that they'll go back to Spellforce 1 ways with some things in Spellforce 3, or something like that, so hopefully, uniqueness will be brought back.
Rakun ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 01-30-2014, 04:44   #19
Nyralim

Benutzerbild von Nyralim

Certainly was surprised at the sudden involvement of Hokan and Ankthar. Love those plot twists! Looking at the conversation between them, I am very inclined to believe that they were the 'past versions', most likely Zerbites. Because, already stated above, they peacefully interacted with each other. Atleast i didn't hear any hostility.
The second hint I see that supports this fact is:

",this is just one possible future."

Somehow they are looking into a possible future? This in itself could mean that for Spellforce 3, they are going into the past to create a different timeline of events? Which then results in 'creating' a whole complete new world ... Atleast thats what i'm able to derive from it.

The reference to "killing a god", might have given Hokan the idea for using Ereon as blood supply in the first place. Allthough that might have been a bit far-fetched on my part

So concerning what the storyline of Spellforce 3 might be, there are lots of possibilities. Going to the past, which I already stated above how (sort of).
Continuing after DotP, which I was pretty sure of it before i saw the outro since the nameless pretty gave us a clean slate with killing/destroying every known character/city in the series as result of the war. And other unresolved issues, Twiddle restarting the portal network, the real reason for locking Kerona up along with Zazhut, the dragons which were awkwardly silent in the entire storyline of DotP, the new path of Zarach/Ulm, losing 2 guardians (if i'm correct?) and many others.

Well in the end anything could happen really, if the 'time-card' is included into the storyline, who knows what will happen? I know atleast one thing, I am very curious for Spellforce 3, story- and gamewise .

BTW in the end when Sariel spoke about her love, did she mean Cain or Zhazut ?
"I am dying. Every day, with every breath I draw, I am closer to the end of my life. For we are born with a finite number of breaths, and each one I take edges the sunlight that is my life toward the inevitable dusk."
-Unknown writer-

Geändert von Nyralim (01-30-2014 um 04:47 Uhr). Grund: Spelling mistakes
Nyralim ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 02-24-2014, 01:07   #20
Shadows21

So the avatars in TOoD was female? Where does it mention in Spellforce 2?
Shadows21 ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Antwort

Themen-Optionen