Access Violation error dugout -malangar greens dxdiag and msinfo inside - SpellForce - Official Board

News:
08-17-2017, 15:02: SpellForce 3 Pre Order Collectors Edition + Alle Trailer | Release: 07.12.2017
01-17-2017, 20:52: alte Forenlinks "reparieren"
08-10-2015, 14:07: [Sammelthread] SpellForce 3 - Alle Infos
07-04-2012, 21:36: SpellForce-Datenbank ist wieder da - Ein WiKi soll entstehen
08-30-2009, 20:03: Patchübersicht

Herzlich Willkommen im offiziellen SpellForce Forum!

Du betrachtest das Forum zur Zeit als Gast, was deine Zugriffsrechte bei Diskussionen und anderen Dingen enorm einschränkt. Wenn du dich hier registrierst, was natürlich völlig kostenlos ist, dann wirst du Beiträge und Themen erstellen, Private Konversationen mit anderen Mitgliedern führen, bei Umfragen abstimmen, Inhalte uploaden und vielen andere Dinge können. Die Anmeldung geht schnell von Statten, ist enorm einfach und kostenlos, daher würden wir dich ersuchen, dich zu registrieren!

Falls es Probleme mit der Anmeldung oder dem Zugriff auf einen Account gibt, stehen wir dir gerne über die Kontaktseite mit Rat und Tat zur Verfügung.

SpellForce Newsletter
Gib deine E-Mail Adresse in das Feld ein, um immer über die letzten Neuigkeiten zu SpellForce informiert zu werden

Zurück   SpellForce - Official Board > SpellForce - English Forum > SpellForce 2 - Faith in Destiny > Faith in Destiny - Technical Support
Registrieren Hilfe Benutzerliste Kalender Suchen Heutige Beiträge Alle Foren als gelesen markieren

Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Alt 08-19-2014, 21:13   #1
TotalAbyss

Benutzerbild von TotalAbyss

Access Violation error dugout -malangar greens dxdiag and msinfo inside

Every time I load my game After going into malangar greens from the dugout I get a access violation error. Is there a patch to fix this or anything I can do to make the game work again?

Because at this point the game is unplayable.

Here is my dxdiag log.

http://forum.spellforce.com/attachme...84728428472001
Angehängte Dateien
Dateityp: txt DxDiag.txt (37,2 KB, 9x aufgerufen)
Dateityp: txt Msinfo32.txt (434,5 KB, 2x aufgerufen)

Geändert von TotalAbyss (08-19-2014 um 21:27 Uhr).
TotalAbyss ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 08-19-2014, 23:42   #2
C oNe
Super Moderator
Zarachs Flamme

Benutzerbild von C oNe

I will check out your save tomorrow.

Maybe you should try to load an older savegame from the first map or to reinstall the whole game.
Alt 08-19-2014, 23:47   #3
TotalAbyss

Zitat:
Zitat von C oNe Beitrag anzeigen
I will check out your save tomorrow.

Maybe you should try to load an older savegame from the first map or to reinstall the whole game.

Here are my saves autosave and regular save.

http://forum.spellforce.com/attachme...1&d=1408481189

http://forum.spellforce.com/attachme...1&d=1408481189
Angehängte Dateien
Dateityp: sav Thor~Autosave.sav (9,98 MB, 4x aufgerufen)
Dateityp: sav Thor~The Dugout.sav (9,98 MB, 1x aufgerufen)
Alt 08-20-2014, 00:00   #4
Sam Hotte
Super Moderator

TotalAbyss, Please do not "spam" your issue across every sub-board and many topics! TIA.

Best thing to avoid this nasty bug is to:
1. make sure that steam has patched your installation up2date.
2. start a new campaign.
3. Once back again in MG, make sure to not build in the vicinity of the Elves in northern part of the map and
4. make sure you've killed every single enemy and creep even in the remotest corner and on any mountain that you can only fly to BEFORE moving on to Dugout.
Alt 08-20-2014, 00:30   #5
TotalAbyss

Zitat:
Zitat von Sam Hotte Beitrag anzeigen
TotalAbyss, Please do not "spam" your issue across every sub-board and many topics! TIA.

Best thing to avoid this nasty bug is to:
1. make sure that steam has patched your installation up2date.
2. start a new campaign.
3. Once back again in MG, make sure to not build in the vicinity of the Elves in northern part of the map and
4. make sure you've killed every single enemy and creep even in the remotest corner and on any mountain that you can only fly to BEFORE moving on to Dugout.
yeah I did all that. Still have the access violation error.

Is there a way to change the code in the game to stop this error? Since the devolopers wont fix it. I'd rather fix it my self then. Or a community patch that fix's the problems in game?
Alt 08-20-2014, 02:31   #6
Sam Hotte
Super Moderator

Don't you think that if we knew of a fix - be it community or something code wise - we would already have posted it?

So the answer to all your questions is: We don't know of any around here.

All we know is that this isn't always happen nor to everybody, so it's likely something to do with hardware, drivers and such (in combination with game's code).
And AFAICS, it' hasn't been reported here after patch 2.28 - you're sure your using v2.28?
Alt 08-20-2014, 02:36   #7
TotalAbyss

Zitat:
Don't you think that if we knew of a fix - be it community or something code wise - we would already have posted it?

So the answer to all your questions is: We don't know of any around here.

All we know is that this isn't always happen nor to everybody, so it's likely something to do with hardware, drivers and such (in combination with game's code).
And AFAICS, it' hasn't been reported here after patch 2.28 - you're sure your using v2.28?
I have the steam version. Unless steam never put out the patch. Them I'd assume I am using it.

EDIT I am using 2.28.2124

EDIT 2 You can check the txt files I posted in the first post to figure out if it is indeed a hardwear or softwear issue. But I have update softwear and drivers. So Maybe my pc is just to powerful for the games current code and errors out.
Alt 08-20-2014, 11:51   #8
Sam Hotte
Super Moderator

Zitat:
Zitat von TotalAbyss Beitrag anzeigen
I have the steam version. Unless steam never put out the patch. Them I'd assume I am using it.
Some people happen to accidently disable steam's auto patching - so it's good idea to double check just in case ...
(There's only steam version of FiD, BTW)

Zitat:
EDIT I am using 2.28.2124
Ok, this should be latest version.

Zitat:
EDIT 2 You can check the txt files I posted in the first post to figure out if it is indeed a hardwear or softwear issue.
No, I cannot, I'm no programmer and even if I was one, I'd have no access to source code of your drivers or the schematics of your hardware to debug.
What I meant:
You have this issue, I don't. The code of the game is the very same for you and me. So something else is different and makes the game crash on your system, but not mine. So it must be the way the game is calling some driver or other resource that results in a crash with your resources - but don't with mine.

So if I was you, I'd start with disabling all the fancy stuff of modern graphics like tessellation, morphological filters and such, to see if it helps working around the crash.
Alt 08-21-2014, 20:13   #9
TotalAbyss

Zitat:
Some people happen to accidently disable steam's auto patching - so it's good idea to double check just in case ...
(There's only steam version of FiD, BTW)

Ok, this should be latest version.

No, I cannot, I'm no programmer and even if I was one, I'd have no access to source code of your drivers or the schematics of your hardware to debug.
What I meant:
You have this issue, I don't. The code of the game is the very same for you and me. So something else is different and makes the game crash on your system, but not mine. So it must be the way the game is calling some driver or other resource that results in a crash with your resources - but don't with mine.

So if I was you, I'd start with disabling all the fancy stuff of modern graphics like tessellation, morphological filters and such, to see if it helps working around the crash.
Unfortunetly, I don't think I am going to disable my video cards features just to run this game. If there was a way to mod the game it self to get it to work. Sure I'd do that, But disabling hardwear and softwear part of keeping my video card and processor working is not an option.

It is just very odd how I can run much older games like homeworld trilogy haegemonia ORB dungeon keeper 1 and 2 ect no problems but the spellforce games have always had weird glitchs with cameras and cutscenes. I guess ill just remove faith and try to see if demons works.

But from what I have read on these forums and the steam forums it has its own problems to.

But anyways thanks for the help. If anyone else can offer a way to fix this issue that Would be great and I will try it out.

Thanks again.
Alt 08-22-2014, 14:54   #10
Sam Hotte
Super Moderator

Zitat:
Zitat von TotalAbyss Beitrag anzeigen
Unfortunetly, I don't think I am going to disable my video cards features just to run this game. If there was a way to mod the game it self to get it to work. Sure I'd do that, But disabling hardwear and softwear part of keeping my video card and processor working is not an option.
Do as you like. <shrug>

JFTR: I was talking about things that are in no way imperative to keep GPU working. E.g. Tessellation Shaders are supported by DX10+, so it makes no sense at all to force driver to use them on a DX9 game like FiD. And settings for those features are just a few clicks away in Nvidia Control Panel or AMD Catalyst Control Center; and usually they both allow for different settings for different games so that you wouldn't disable anything for every game or such.

But as I cannot promise you if it may work around the bug or not, it's your decision to give it a try or not. <shrug>
Alt 10-03-2015, 00:14   #11
grommitt

Dugout Blue force field Access vioation

Please can I have a save game straight after the blue force field in the dugout. I cannot get out. I keep on getting ACCESS VIOLATION. I have reinstalled and replayed the game upto this far but without success. I would greatly appreciate a SAVE GAME straight after the DUGOUT. Many thanks.
Angehängte Dateien
Dateityp: sav Silver~The Dugout force field.sav (10,01 MB, 7x aufgerufen)
grommitt ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 10-03-2015, 14:45   #12
Sam Hotte
Super Moderator

I'm unable to load your save in my game at all.

I see 3 possible causes to this:
1. your file is damaged (I always got "download interrupted", but was able to resume and finish downloading).

2. You cheated or manipulated your save by other means to be lvl 30 in the Dugout (don't really remember, though, but likely your not supposed to be lvl 30 there already).

3. Your game is not up2date (v2.28).

On a side note, next time, better start a new thread instead of reviving one being dead for a year or more.

Edit:
Just realized that you already broke your game in DotP by manipulating with external tools.
So, it's most likely issue #2. here as well.

We're unable to support/fix manipulated games, sorry.

Geändert von Sam Hotte (10-03-2015 um 15:06 Uhr).
Sam Hotte ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Antwort

Themen-Optionen