stuck with city ship chest puzzle - SpellForce - Official Board

News:
08-17-2017, 15:02: SpellForce 3 Pre Order Collectors Edition + Alle Trailer | Release: 07.12.2017
01-17-2017, 20:52: alte Forenlinks "reparieren"
08-10-2015, 14:07: [Sammelthread] SpellForce 3 - Alle Infos
07-04-2012, 21:36: SpellForce-Datenbank ist wieder da - Ein WiKi soll entstehen
08-30-2009, 20:03: Patchübersicht

Herzlich Willkommen im offiziellen SpellForce Forum!

Du betrachtest das Forum zur Zeit als Gast, was deine Zugriffsrechte bei Diskussionen und anderen Dingen enorm einschränkt. Wenn du dich hier registrierst, was natürlich völlig kostenlos ist, dann wirst du Beiträge und Themen erstellen, Private Konversationen mit anderen Mitgliedern führen, bei Umfragen abstimmen, Inhalte uploaden und vielen andere Dinge können. Die Anmeldung geht schnell von Statten, ist enorm einfach und kostenlos, daher würden wir dich ersuchen, dich zu registrieren!

Falls es Probleme mit der Anmeldung oder dem Zugriff auf einen Account gibt, stehen wir dir gerne über die Kontaktseite mit Rat und Tat zur Verfügung.

SpellForce Newsletter
Gib deine E-Mail Adresse in das Feld ein, um immer über die letzten Neuigkeiten zu SpellForce informiert zu werden

Zurück   SpellForce - Official Board > SpellForce - English Forum > SpellForce 2 - Dragon Storm > Dragon Storm - Single Player Campaign
Registrieren Hilfe Benutzerliste Kalender Suchen Heutige Beiträge Alle Foren als gelesen markieren

Dragon Storm - Single Player Campaign Attention: Spoiler!

Thema geschlossen

Themen-Optionen
Alt 03-28-2007, 18:22   #1
Xerkics

Benutzerbild von Xerkics

stuck with city ship chest puzzle

im all confused by all the combination of letters and different flames needed to open the chest , has anyone figured it out yet cause im stuck.( level 21 headed over elemental seas now)
Xerkics ist offline  
Alt 03-31-2007, 16:41   #2
kibbutzangel

I'm stuck here also . Don't suppose there's a walkthrough yet for those of us who want to go back and complete the bits we can't find
kibbutzangel ist offline  
Alt 03-31-2007, 22:50   #3
Alipodora
ShadowFighter lover

Benutzerbild von Alipodora

Alipodora eine Nachricht über ICQ schicken Alipodora eine Nachricht über MSN schicken
i will find the soluce, i am really close to solution atm
Alt 04-01-2007, 02:23   #4
goonbear

You have to work backwards for this one. I passed the map a little while ago so I don't remember the details though.

Look at which 2 symbols the chest require. Those 2 flames need to be turned on to open the chest. In turn those 2 symbols each have 2 symbols - they require 2 other flames lit up to be lit up themselves, and so on. So once you have figured out the whole chain of flames that's needes, you start at the ones you can light up (the eye, nose, ear, mouth lights) and work your way back to the chest. I haven't figured out what the V or X or other letters stand for, but I still solved the puzzle.
goonbear ist offline  
Alt 04-01-2007, 18:02   #5
kibbutzangel

Thanks goonbear, I'll give it a shot
kibbutzangel ist offline  
Alt 04-10-2007, 21:45   #6
fbgrifter

Benutzerbild von fbgrifter

Talking SPOILER-----> Chest puzzle

Phew, I finally worked this one out.

The meaning of the letters MVOX is given by the crystal statue (next to the navigator). Select option 'Examine the flitting icons.'

I'm not sure the ansa is the same every time, but I opened the chest by turning on EAR and making sure all the other fires were off. If this does not work for you, let me know and I will post the long version on how to work it out for yourself!
fbgrifter ist offline  
Alt 04-10-2007, 22:49   #7
Alipodora
ShadowFighter lover

Benutzerbild von Alipodora

Alipodora eine Nachricht über ICQ schicken Alipodora eine Nachricht über MSN schicken
Zitat:
Zitat von fbgrifter Beitrag anzeigen

The meaning of the letters MVOX is given by the crystal statue (next to the navigator). Select option 'Examine the flitting icons.'

I'm not sure the ansa is the same every time, but I opened the chest by turning on EAR and making sure all the other fires were off. If this does not work for you, let me know and I will post the long version on how to work it out for yourself!
in fact there are 5 "buttons" and on the 5 ONLY one is needed to be moved when you enter for the FIRST time on the ship

the button is the symbol of ear....
Alt 04-24-2007, 22:10   #8
zgd

Benutzerbild von zgd

Zitat:

plz post more detailed version because i still can't get through this puzzle :/
zgd ist offline  
Alt 04-24-2007, 22:45   #9
zgd

Benutzerbild von zgd

Zitat:

very sorry :/ i tried again to do this puzzle and this time it worked out! I turned on light with ear word, and turned off all other lights. 1000 Experiance yeah !
zgd ist offline  
Alt 02-10-2017, 15:32   #10
YUK7HI

Lightbulb Logical solution for the puzzle, it's a matter of Gates

Sorry for being 10 years late but here's how to get get the Logical solution for the problem.

The meaning of the single characters are related to Logic gates,

M - AND
V - OR
O - NOT
X - XOR

And this is what's written on each tablet

EAR- - - - -(lever)
EYE- - - - -(lever)
MOUTH- - -(lever)
HAND- - - -(lever)
NOSE- - - -(lever)
SHIELD- - - - X EYE MOUTH
STAFF- - - - -V EAR NOSE
HAMMER- - - -M SWORD STAFF
SWORD- - - - O X SHIELD GOBLET
GOBLET- - - - M EYE MOUTH
COIN- - - - - -O V NOSE HAND
CHEST- - - - -M HAMMER COIN

So Ear, Eye, Mouth, Hand and Nose are the keys, or the on/off switches, while other tablets act as the logic gates. and this is how it goes,

SHIELD = eye XOR mouth
STAFF = ear OR nose
HAMMER = SWORD AND STAFF
SWORD = SHIELD XNOR GOBLET
GOBLET = eye AND mouth
COIN = nose NOR hand
CHEST = HAMMER AND COIN

And here's how the system looks like, try figuring it out yourself

In case you're bored to go through all the hassle here's the answer,
ANSWER Spoiler:
Light up only the EAR tablet.
YUK7HI ist offline  
Alt 02-10-2017, 16:07   #11
Lornik
Super Moderator
Graue Eminenz
Fiara-Brigade

Benutzerbild von Lornik

RPG Character: Brahir
Hey YUK7HI,

thanks a lot for the work you put in there to explain the logic of the puzzle in the city ship. It is much appreciated

However, as you explain it yourself, you're ten years late and there's hardly anybody around who hasn't figured out, that you only need to touch the ear - this is btw. mentioned in the post above yours.

So kudos to your logic ability and the same to your necromantic ability
When SpellForce 3 is out and new logic-puzzles emerge we're glad for someone who can explain the mechanics/logics of the puzzles so stay tuned here for more info on the new game

This thread however is now closed to lay it to its final rest and make it immune to further necromancy.

So long

Lornik

Wilhelm Busch
Lornik ist offline  
Thema geschlossen

Themen-Optionen