Which races would you like to see in the future? - SpellForce - Official Board

News:
08-17-2017, 14:02: SpellForce 3 Collectors Edition + Cinematic Trailer
05-18-2017, 14:52: SF3 Beta startet am 19.5. - Alle Informationen + Updates
01-17-2017, 19:52: alte Forenlinks "reparieren"
08-10-2015, 13:07: [Sammelthread] SpellForce 3 - Alle Infos / Release 07.12.2017
07-04-2012, 20:36: SpellForce-Datenbank ist wieder da - Ein WiKi soll entstehen
08-30-2009, 19:03: Patchübersicht

Herzlich Willkommen im offiziellen SpellForce Forum!

Du betrachtest das Forum zur Zeit als Gast, was deine Zugriffsrechte bei Diskussionen und anderen Dingen enorm einschränkt. Wenn du dich hier registrierst, was natürlich völlig kostenlos ist, dann wirst du Beiträge und Themen erstellen, Private Konversationen mit anderen Mitgliedern führen, bei Umfragen abstimmen, Inhalte uploaden und vielen andere Dinge können. Die Anmeldung geht schnell von Statten, ist enorm einfach und kostenlos, daher würden wir dich ersuchen, dich zu registrieren!

Falls es Probleme mit der Anmeldung oder dem Zugriff auf einen Account gibt, stehen wir dir gerne über die Kontaktseite mit Rat und Tat zur Verfügung.

SpellForce Newsletter
Gib deine E-Mail Adresse in das Feld ein, um immer über die letzten Neuigkeiten zu SpellForce informiert zu werden

Zurück   SpellForce - Official Board > SpellForce - English Forum > SpellForce 3 > SpellForce 3 - General Discussion
Registrieren Hilfe Benutzerliste Kalender Suchen Heutige Beiträge Alle Foren als gelesen markieren

Umfrageergebnis anzeigen: Which races would you like to see in the future?
Dwarves 17 73,91%
Dark Elves 15 65,22%
Trolls 8 34,78%
Undead 13 56,52%
Beastmen 5 21,74%
Demons 10 43,48%
Elementals 4 17,39%
Goblins 5 21,74%
Ice Elves/Order of the Aryn 7 30,43%
Crimson Empire 3 13,04%
Lucien Wolflings 7 30,43%
Sha Lizardmen 7 30,43%
Kithar 5 21,74%
Medusas 5 21,74%
Multiple-Choice-Umfrage. Teilnehmer: 23. Du darfst bei dieser Umfrage nicht abstimmen

Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Alt 08-23-2017, 17:13   #1
Ankza Khalek

Benutzerbild von Ankza Khalek

RPG Character: Ankza Khalek Szeremein
Question Which races would you like to see in the future?

I just want to see possible races we may get in the future as either DLCs or expansion packs. Let me hear your thoughts on this.

We had 6 classic fantasy races in the first game:
Humans (already in the game)
Elves (already in the game)
Dwarves
Orcs (already in the game)
Dark Elves
Trolls (despite being integrated into Orcs, I would rather see a separate race/faction)

There were also unplayable races in the game and its expansions:
-Undead
-Beastmen
-Demons
-Elementals
-Goblins
-Ice Elves
-Crimson Empire
-Kithar
-Blades (though could be regarded as undead)
-Medusae (while there are already Medusas in SpellForce 3 as enemies and the game is taking place before the rule of Circle Mages, we can get a campaign explaining how Shar of the Isles made alliance with them.)
-Skergs/Skerg Rebels
-Lucien Wolflings/Werewolves
-Sha Lizardmen
-Hazim and Dervishes
-Giant Apes (not joke, official site says it is rumoured that they have thier own empire at the heart of the Black Jungle.)
-Shadows (they were integral part of the Pact in the second game, although they were first introduced in the Order of Dawn as a quest and later as main enemies in the first expansion. If my my memory serves me right, it was during the Firefangs)

As you can see, there are LOTS of possibilities. I personally want to see Dark Elves,Trolls and Dwarves. However, Goblins and Elementals could make a unique faction with diverse mechanics.

Goblins can fill the role of a horde race with cheap, low health and numerous infantries. Their special building can be a scrapyard which allows you to collect iron from the fallen enemies in the sector just like how Corpse Collector worked in the first game, it was really useful building.

On the other hand, Elementals can be a versatile race. If your enemy race is fire related, go for fire elementals since they are resistant against fire attacks or go for ice/water elementals and its derivatives for offensive bonuses.

I really hope SpellForce 3 will be a success for the developers and the company. I have been playing SpellForce franchise since TOoD's release and thoroughly enjoying since then, especially the first game and second expansion.
I have played a bit of beta and what I can say is it looks promising, keep it up!
"There is a cancer eating at the Imperium. With each decade it advances deeper, leaving drained, dead worlds in its wake. This horror, this abomination, has thought and purpose that functions on an unimaginable, galactic scale and all we can do is try to stop the swarms of bioengineered monsters it unleashes upon us by instinct. We have given the horror a name to salve our fears; we call it the Tyranid race, but if is aware of us at all it must know us only as Prey." -Inquisitor Czevak
Ankza Khalek ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 08-23-2017, 23:28   #2
hieg

Benutzerbild von hieg

I hope that if there will be an expansion race they will go for something different than the usual races. Something like Demons, Lucians or Undead or a combination would be cool. Or Undead with Blades as the stronger units and throw in some Dark Elf / Dark Human necromancers or such.

Crimson Empire also sounds nice but I am not sure how that will be different to Dark Elfs except for having some focus on fire (which overlaps with Orc spellcasters? [haven't played SF3 myself]). Maybe Crimson Empire + Demons?

Nice post by the way.
hieg ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 08-24-2017, 20:15   #3
GeneralKong
Lord of Death

Benutzerbild von GeneralKong

GeneralKong eine Nachricht über Skype™ schicken
Highly Unlikely we will see the Crimson Empire, considering that they were supposed to have been formed recently as of Breath of Winter.
Alt 08-24-2017, 20:52   #4
Nyralim

Benutzerbild von Nyralim

In the long run (if the game is successful which is something I'd like) they first have to set the standard factions that are already major players. So that's probably dwarves, dark elves and trolls (not sure on this one though).

What I personally want them to take into consideration are the often viewed antagonistic factions like undead or demons (shadows to a certain degree). They could be a fun perspective if they are handled well. We already know they are capable of great things, so let them take spot on the stage for once

Also Sha lizardmen or the giant apes (I did not know about those), just because they are so 'alien' to the rest of the world.
"I am dying. Every day, with every breath I draw, I am closer to the end of my life. For we are born with a finite number of breaths, and each one I take edges the sunlight that is my life toward the inevitable dusk."
-Unknown writer-
Nyralim ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 08-27-2017, 13:09   #5
hieg

Benutzerbild von hieg

Zitat:
Zitat von Nyralim Beitrag anzeigen
In the long run (if the game is successful which is something I'd like) they first have to set the standard factions that are already major players. So that's probably dwarves, dark elves and trolls (not sure on this one though).

What I personally want them to take into consideration are the often viewed antagonistic factions like undead or demons (shadows to a certain degree). They could be a fun perspective if they are handled well. We already know they are capable of great things, so let them take spot on the stage for once
, yeah I get that its a habit to establish the standard factions first, but as a result its generally the same races over and over again (human, elf, ork, dwarf etc). Though if they add necromancy stuff to dark elfs than I quess that atleast partly fills the shoes of an undead race. Still would like to see playable Demons too though. But I quess there will be at max 1 or 2 extra factions (where 2 is being very lucky), so atleast than something like Dark Elfs (SF 1 like) over other standard races cause of there versatility.

Zitat:
Also Sha lizardmen or the giant apes (I did not know about those), just because they are so 'alien' to the rest of the world.
, the giant apes are in SF 1 SotP in the later maps. Also now that you mention it, Giant Apes would be pretty fun cause they can mind control targets. I already have a name for the expansion: Dawn of the Planet of the Alien Apes
Alt 08-28-2017, 06:48   #6
numberone1

Benutzerbild von numberone1

RPG Character: warrior
I voted for Dwarves and Ice elves, those my favourite...but i would like to see more Elves too. Olso more male elves, Whisper the ony male elven character in the all series....more warrior cast and elven or/and dwarven avatars.
Alt 08-29-2017, 00:18   #7
fater3000

I voted norcaine, i have seen how beautiful the game looks and how good the faction designs are so i really want to see the regimented armies of the dark elves with all the castes (esp the arcon) see warlocks, havocs, battlemasters and deathknight reap a black harvest through the armies of the light worshippers .

i would also like to play as the undead thou, i was disappointed we couldn't in SF2 despite them seeming to have a buildings etc, however i would really like if the undead were more like a necromancer hero subfaction, trolls too stupid and clumsy to harvest iron effectivly? summon some skeleton workers to build a mine and harvest it instead, dwarves lacking ranged firepower, summon some liches and archers to back them up etc
fater3000 ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 08-29-2017, 02:34   #8
Hegel

Benutzerbild von Hegel

What about the Shaikan? They were in the second game. They had some decent units too, I loved their Bloodmages and archers.

I want to see some kind of High Elven faction as well. I wonder if there are High Elves in the lore? They are present in many other fantasy settings.
"Rulers, Statesmen, Nations, are wont to be emphatically commended to the teaching which experience offers in history. But what experience and history teach is this - that people and governments never have learned anything from history, or acted on principles deduced from it. Each period is involved in such peculiar circumstances, exhibits a condition of things so strictly idiosyncratic, that its conduct must be regulated by considerations connected with itself, and itself alone."
Hegel ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 08-29-2017, 12:39   #9
hieg

Benutzerbild von hieg

Zitat:
Zitat von fater3000 Beitrag anzeigen
however i would really like if the undead were more like a necromancer hero subfaction, trolls too stupid and clumsy to harvest iron effectivly? summon some skeleton workers to build a mine and harvest it instead, dwarves lacking ranged firepower, summon some liches and archers to back them up etc
, I second that, that would be awesome. To balance it they could let strong summonings cost resources or such.
Alt 08-31-2017, 15:46   #10
Draxynnus

I'll have to ponder before voting, but I would say that I always found it a shame that the beastmen and undead were never playable despite appearing to have a more complete tech tree and more character than the Nameless. (The problem with trying to make a faction defined by its lack of character is that you might succeed...)

Zitat:
Zitat von Hegel Beitrag anzeigen
What about the Shaikan? They were in the second game. They had some decent units too, I loved their Bloodmages and archers.

I want to see some kind of High Elven faction as well. I wonder if there are High Elves in the lore? They are present in many other fantasy settings.
Which form of High Elves do you mean? It can mean different things in different settings...

I don't think the Spellforce universe has ever had a 'wood elf' versus 'high elf' distinction, however. I think the Morhir have been described as being a little more backward than the Winter Elves or the elves in TOoD, so maybe you could say that the Morhir were the 'wood elves' while the elves of TOoD were the 'high elves', but really, there doesn't seem to be the 'highly magical city-dwellers' style of Elves. Unless you count the Winter Elves and their city.

Shaikan... could be a possibility. They've been around for a while. At this point in time they'd probably only be the core units, rather than adding the drakes and dragonblood-powered Blades they had in Dragon Storm, though, so that might not really be enough to make them feel truly distinct from a human faction. (Just like the Shaikan were essentially treated as a human faction in Shadow Wars.)
Draxynnus ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 08-31-2017, 16:26   #11
mordo

Benutzerbild von mordo

RPG Character: BPOO
as far as i know, high elves = elves, there is no difference other than what they are referred to, high elves might refer to immortality ?. i think spellforce is pretty unique in dividing up elves in factions, elves/ice elves/dark elves
Alt 09-01-2017, 07:36   #12
Draxynnus

Zitat:
Zitat von mordo Beitrag anzeigen
as far as i know, high elves = elves, there is no difference other than what they are referred to, high elves might refer to immortality ?. i think spellforce is pretty unique in dividing up elves in factions, elves/ice elves/dark elves
Generally speaking, what distinguishes high elves from other non-dark elves is that they're usually presented as more noble (and arrogant), civilised, technologically advanced (High Elves often make as much use of metal armour and weapons as humans do), and educated. They also usually have a better (or at least wider) understanding of magic. Conversely, while the usually still value forests and environmental conservation in general, their connection to nature is generally weaker than that of other non-dark elves - their forms of magic tend to be more arcane than druidic, and they're less likely to be able to call on assistance from tree-people and other forest entities.

Like I said, though, it does vary, but those are the trends of what it means to be a 'high elf' as opposed to another form of elf (apart from a dark elf).

As I said, though, I don't think there's any precedent for there being such a split among the light elves of Fiara. One could argue that the winter elves of Tirganath have some of the qualities often associated with 'high elves', and one could also say that the elves of Finon Mir are 'high elves' relative to the wilder Morhir of Dun Mora. The differences between the armies of the three branches don't seem to be significant enough to warrant creating a new faction, though.
Draxynnus ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 09-02-2017, 09:48   #13
NiceBi

2 light races, 2 dark races

Well, there's 2 light races (Humans, Elves) and 1 dark race (Orks) it would make sense to add another dark race if anything. My vote goes to Dark Elves.
NiceBi ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 09-02-2017, 16:41   #14
hieg

Benutzerbild von hieg

I personally don't see the point of High Elves in the Spellforce world when there already are Dark Elves (noble/arrogant, complex architecture, complex magic etc). High Elf would just be an other variation and arguably more boring than Dark Elves (no necromancer stuff etc).
Antwort

Themen-Optionen