The 'Incompatible System Configuration'-Problem:
if you get an error message stating 'Incompatible System Configuration' while trying to install the game:
- Please download the latest patch (from here: http://spellforce.com/?rid=865&lang=en )
- Start the patch executable.
- The patch should detect that no SpellForce installation exists yet. Please select a game installation path now.
- The game installation will be started now from CD1. Please select the same install path as above. The game installation should process now correctly without an error message 'Incompatible System Configuration'.
- After finishing the installation of the game successfully the patch will automatically copy the new files into the game directory.
Causes for the 'Incompatible System Configuration' (that are solved with the patch):
- incompatibility with systems with Intel chipset mainboards and installed 'Intel Application Accelerator' IDE-drivers (v2.3)
- incompatibility with systems with Nvidia nforce2-chipset mainboards and installed Forceware 3.13-IDE-driver
The error message stating 'Incompatible System Configuration' will also appear on systems with virtual drivers where 'RMPS-emulation' has been activated (in tools like Alcohol 120%, Daemon Tools, Virtual CD, Gamejack and with 'Blindwrite Suite Autoplay Patin-Couffin' drivers).
'RMPS-emulation options' have to be disabled!
Other installation problems:
Should you still have problems installing the game even with patch please check first if one of the following programs is installed: Alcohol 120%, Daemon Tools, Virtual CD, Gamejack, Blindwrite Suite, Patin-Couffin-Treiber, CloneCD Hide-CDR.
One of these might have manipulated the registry and causes incompatibilties. Please uninstall such tools for testing to make sure they are not causing the problem.
For a detailed analysis of then still existing problems please do the following:
- Please download the following executable file: http://ds.jowood.com/spellforce/Spel...M-Analyzer.exe
- Execute the SpellForce-SecuROM-Analyzer.exe. This tool will help analyse problems with detecting the original CD1. Insert the original CD1 and start the analyzing process (there are onscreen instructions as well).
- A file c:\AnalysisLog.sr0 will be created on the system.
- Please send the file c:\AnalysisLog.sr0 (with an exact description of your error) to: firstname.lastname@example.org to help us find the problem faster.