item and no skill req mod - SpellForce - Official Board

News:
08-17-2017, 15:02: SpellForce 3 OUT NOW! + Alle Trailer | Update: Release Trailer
01-17-2017, 20:52: alte Forenlinks "reparieren"
08-10-2015, 14:07: [Sammelthread] SpellForce 3 - Alle Infos
07-04-2012, 21:36: SpellForce-Datenbank ist wieder da - Ein WiKi soll entstehen
08-30-2009, 20:03: Patchübersicht

Herzlich Willkommen im offiziellen SpellForce Forum!

Du betrachtest das Forum zur Zeit als Gast, was deine Zugriffsrechte bei Diskussionen und anderen Dingen enorm einschränkt. Wenn du dich hier registrierst, was natürlich völlig kostenlos ist, dann wirst du Beiträge und Themen erstellen, Private Konversationen mit anderen Mitgliedern führen, bei Umfragen abstimmen, Inhalte uploaden und vielen andere Dinge können. Die Anmeldung geht schnell von Statten, ist enorm einfach und kostenlos, daher würden wir dich ersuchen, dich zu registrieren!

Falls es Probleme mit der Anmeldung oder dem Zugriff auf einen Account gibt, stehen wir dir gerne über die Kontaktseite mit Rat und Tat zur Verfügung.

SpellForce Newsletter
Gib deine E-Mail Adresse in das Feld ein, um immer über die letzten Neuigkeiten zu SpellForce informiert zu werden

Zurück   SpellForce - Official Board > SpellForce - English Forum > SpellForce 1 > Editor
Registrieren Hilfe Benutzerliste Kalender Suchen Heutige Beiträge Alle Foren als gelesen markieren

Editor Everything related to the Editor.

Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Alt 01-26-2017, 17:51   #1
hieg

Benutzerbild von hieg

item and no skill req mod

Download -> in post #4 below.

How to install: backup your GameData.cff in the Data subfolder of the Spellforce folder (/where you installed Spellforce), than place the one from this mod in there and replace the current one.

Features:
+ removes stat requirements for skills (thanks Brodhan, ofcourse level requirements are still there to keep balance)
+ increases range of spears (spears should have longer range than dagger and clubs etc imo )
+ to a lesser degree increases range of some long mage staves
+ bows have no minimum range (but xbows still have it cause they have better max ranges)
+ HCA shields (especially of higher level) provide more bonuses
+ most special bows and xbows that were first kindy weak are better now
+ quite a bit of other items re-balanced, so more unique items are fun and useful without destroying balance. Like Emerald Eye set is good now and more +run effects on lca gear.

Any suggestions? Post them here.

Geändert von Sam Hotte (05-08-2017 um 17:25 Uhr).
hieg ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 01-26-2017, 18:23   #2
Sam Hotte
Super Moderator

Zitat:
Zitat von hieg Beitrag anzeigen
+ bows have no minimum range
My 2pence on this:
I'd not remove min range, but set it to very low, if you want this, because else you could shoot arrows (usually doing lots of damage) even if enemies are in melee range and interfering. Would remove necessity of an archer being able to defend himself in close quarter battles (or be defended by melee fighters), hence changing balance a lot, IMHO.

EDIT:
If you compressed the file into ZIP or RAR, you could easily post it as attachment here, so you wouldn't have to rely on temporary file sharing sites ...

Geändert von Sam Hotte (01-26-2017 um 18:36 Uhr).
Sam Hotte ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 01-26-2017, 22:05   #3
hieg

Benutzerbild von hieg

Hello,

well a bow is about as strong as a 1-handed weapon, and as strong as an x-bow but less max range. Normally you would equip a bow and a 1-handed weapon, so damage wise this doesn't matter. However this does allow you now to replace the 1-handed weapon with an orb while being able fight melee range. Which enables bow users to become more viable hybrid bow/mage characters (normally meleers had the advantage in my experience, probably cause of being able to carry mage shields and more unique weapons - with the exception of the mirror image combo of course but that is with xbows anyway).
If it becomes clear that it is overpowered I may reduce the max range to differentiate them from xbows.

Also good tip about zip files, I will do for next version(s).
Alt 05-08-2017, 13:47   #4
hieg

Benutzerbild von hieg

Since the current upload has expired I have uploaded the newest version in the attachment below. I lost the changelog but I remember there are some extra items balanced and some things fixed that I missed earlier. Mostly SotP related items iirc.

The file in the attachment is a .zip file, you can unzip it with programs like 7zip or winrar etc. Windows 10 might even even have a build in option (?).
Also don't forget to backup your original gamedata file incase you want to play vanilla again.

@Mods, can you give a link to this post in the original post? Tia
Angehängte Dateien
Dateityp: zip GameData.zip (3,83 MB, 10x aufgerufen)

Geändert von hieg (05-08-2017 um 14:09 Uhr).
Alt 05-08-2017, 17:26   #5
Sam Hotte
Super Moderator

Zitat:
Zitat von hieg Beitrag anzeigen
@Mods, can you give a link to this post in the original post? Tia
* done *

Themen-Optionen