Incompatible System Configuration - SpellForce - Official Board

News:
12-02-2013, 11:23: The Demons of the Past Advent calendar 2013
06-19-2013, 11:30: SpellForce 2 - Demons of the Past
04-08-2008, 19:57: Current Patch Info for SF1 & 2

Welcome to the official SpellForce board.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Spellforce Newsletter
To stay up to date with the latest news regarding Spellforce please enter your email address in the box

Go Back   SpellForce - Official Board > SpellForce - English Forum > SpellForce 1 > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technical Support For everything technical related or installation problems

Old 10-28-2007, 19:21   #1
Dark-ness

Incompatible System Configuration

i'v tryed patching it and tryed some of the other things ppl have said worked but its still not working and also when that error pops up my cd drive that has the spellforce cd in it sometimes stops working and i have to disable it and re-enable it to get it to start worken again. can someone pleaseee help i reallly wanna play oh yea and i'v had this game on thsi computer before just a few months ago
Dark-ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:40   #2
Free Flinker
Moderator a.d.

From the official support page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-Support
The 'Incompatible System Configuration'-Problem:

if you get an error message stating 'Incompatible System Configuration' while trying to install the game:
Please download the latest patch (***see note below -FF***)
Start the patch executable.
The patch should detect that no SpellForce installation exists yet. Please select a game installation path now.
The game installation will be started now from CD1. Please select the same install path as above. The game installation should process now correctly without an error message 'Incompatible System Configuration'.
After finishing the installation of the game successfully the patch will automatically copy the new files into the game directory.

Causes for the 'Incompatible System Configuration' (that are solved with the patch):

- incompatibility with systems with Intel chipset mainboards and installed 'Intel Application Accelerator' IDE-drivers (v2.3)
- incompatibility with systems with Nvidia nforce2-chipset mainboards and installed Forceware 3.13-IDE-driver

The error message stating 'Incompatible System Configuration' will also appear on systems with virtual drivers where 'RMPS-emulation' has been activated (in tools like Alcohol 120%, Daemon Tools, Virtual CD, Gamejack and with 'Blindwrite Suite Autoplay Patin-Couffin' drivers).
'RMPS-emulation options' have to be disabled!
The latest patch referred to was patch 1.11, for OoD alone, no addons. Patch links are stickied to the top of the board.

If you had the game working a few of months ago then perhaps you've installed software like that listed at the foot of the quote since then. In this case disabling or uninstalling it should do the trick.

Please note that game related questions should be asked via forum posting, not PMs. Thanks
Free Flinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 18:42   #3
Dark-ness

i'v done a search for all those programs and didn't find anything and patch 1.11 is the one that i installed but it still doesn't work :[
Old 10-30-2007, 19:33   #4
Free Flinker
Moderator a.d.

If it was working before on the exact same pc then logically it must be something you've installed in the meantime that's causing the problem. Think back to what you've installed since and check that. Otherwise I have no idea.

Please note that game related questions should be asked via forum posting, not PMs. Thanks
Old 10-30-2007, 22:21   #5
Dark-ness

i can't think of anything because i don't use mods or game altering programs :[ this suckksss >.<
Old 10-31-2007, 00:31   #6
Uncle Snake
Paranoid Android

It musn´t have to do with game altering programs, even a simply antivir or spyware program could be resonsible for this error(as FreeFlinker said , if the game worked before it must be something you do in the meantime, check also latest graphiccard-drivers and directX)

Last edited by Uncle Snake : 10-31-2007 at 00:41. Reason: first read then write -.-
Uncle Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 02:33   #7
Dark-ness

everything is up todate and i'v tryed installing it with my antivirus programs running i'v tryed absolutly everything expect wiping my comp
Old 11-01-2007, 03:07   #8
Free Flinker
Moderator a.d.

You seem to think we're referring to some sort of virus program you got accidentally but that's not what I said and not what the support quote suggests either.

Think about it, if you had it working in the past and you've not altered your pc in any way then it must be something you've installed since you last had the game working. That is, something you purposefully installed. You must know what you installed on your own pc since the game last worked - check those against the examples above and remember they are just examples, not an exhaustive list.

Aside from that, sorry, if the official support advice doesn't help you at all then I have no clue.